PDA

View Full Version : Active Shooter At Fort Hood

Red Team
03 Apr 14,, 00:37
Source: Active shooter at Fort Hood - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/us/fort-hood-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

Dear God I hope they get this guy soon.

EDIT: According to the live stream posted by Native: 2 active shooters, 8 injured, and 1 dead as of 6:50pm EST.

EDIT 2: One Fort Hood Suspect has been killed, situation still active as of 8:02pm EST.

EDIT 3: Confirmed 4 dead, including shooter. http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/shooting-incident-fort-hood/story?id=23166944

Stitch
03 Apr 14,, 00:39
ANOTHER one?!?!?!?!?!?!

Native
03 Apr 14,, 00:39
Local news channel, streaming.
Reports of a Shooting on Fort Hood - kcentv.com - KCEN HD - Waco, Temple, and Killeen (http://www.kcentv.com/story/25146842/reports-of-shooting-on-fort-hood)

dave lukins
03 Apr 14,, 01:55
Condolences to the victims.

dave lukins
03 Apr 14,, 02:11
Confirmed 4 dead, Shooter: Ivan Lopez

DonBelt
03 Apr 14,, 02:26
Prayers and thoughts for the families and survivors- those injured for a quick recovery.

Albany Rifles
03 Apr 14,, 04:07
I wonder the motivation.

RIP.

S2
03 Apr 14,, 04:57
Horrific and heart-breaking news. A very young co-worker will be taking his rifle platoon overseas to Afghanistan from Ft. Hood this August. In addition to everything else, it appears Hood has become a major staging area for units deploying into combat. Probably for many of those returning too. That's a lot of angst bottled up in one already very scarred community.

DonBelt
03 Apr 14,, 05:18
I wonder the motivation.

RIP. They are claiming soldier on soldier what ever that means- you assume that it means it was a personal dispute between parties that knew each other, but Maj Nidal Hasan was a soldier so you could've said the same about that- and I believe they tried to call that "workplace violence" as well. Only time will tell, but it seems awfully coincidental coming right after the report of John Thomas Booker aka Muhammad Abdullah Hassan supposedly planning a "Ft Hood type massacre". That report supposedly made it seem like there were others involved. I'm still wondering what the motive was for MA2 Mark Mayo's shooting in Norfolk last week. He had a violent history, but was it someone he was looking for, or did he just go nuts like the Navsea shooter?

DonBelt
03 Apr 14,, 05:22
Horrific and heart-breaking news. A very young co-worker will be taking his rifle platoon overseas to Afghanistan from Ft. Hood this August. In addition to everything else, it appears Hood has become a major staging area for units deploying into combat. Probably for many of those returning too. That's a lot of angst bottled up in one already very scarred community.

That's a fact people don't always consider. Do you think it would help if they shifted the staging to more bases so that it wasn't all concentrated in one location? Ivan Lopez had reported as being involved in helping returning soldiers and wounded warriors. That could've weighed on him. I just can't fathom the amount of random violence going on now at military facilities.

(update: they are now reporting that the shooter did have mental and behavioral issues that he was being treated for- even more of a tragedy)

Oracle
03 Apr 14,, 06:29
RIP. My condolences to the families of those killed.

lemontree
03 Apr 14,, 07:44
Most armies with extended tenures in combat areas, have some amount of fragging cases.
These are tragic and avoidable incidents, and it all come down to the OC of the unit.
Lives lost will never return and families will be scared for life. RIP

Bigfella
03 Apr 14,, 08:36
bloody awful. RIP the victims.

Tamara
03 Apr 14,, 08:45
........ I just can't fathom the amount of random violence going on now at military facilities......

Now?

In about the 18 months I was running Naval Police as a station during the late Cold War, I had a Marine steal a pistol out of the ready locker (he eventually used it on only himself), one Marine knife another over a marriage issue, and a visiting sailor rape a prostitute. And that's just on a quick looking back; I could probably come up with more if I think about it.

When I heard about this today, I was thinking that we all know about it because of the network of the news and what the news will focus on, but if it happened in the 80's, how many would know outside of the service? How many civilians back in the late 80's knew of Petty Officer Ruben Colon (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1320&dat=19880715&id=4r9WAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HOoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6390,4464347) killing the ship's disbursing officer and making off with the payroll?

That said......

A tragedy and my condolences.

bigross86
03 Apr 14,, 09:17
Rip

Officer of Engineers
03 Apr 14,, 14:28
God Bless and God Comforts

Doktor
03 Apr 14,, 18:34
RIP to the victims and hope their close ones will find peace.