Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crap, I banged my car and spoilt my squeeky clean record of safe driving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap, I banged my car and spoilt my squeeky clean record of safe driving.

Ok and it hurt a little too.

Man Sharjah's horrible, stupid untrained construction labour! I'm travelling at like 120Kph on a big wide 4 lane road, I was on the left most (the fast lane). So there was an incline and all I had to do was drive straight. As soon as I reach the top, I see big fat concrete Slabs placed there to divert traffic down to the last 4th lane since some work was supposed to be done (no workers working there at that moment, btw!)... This is like 20 ft away from the part where I get to actually see the slabs and then my brain reacts to hit the breaks. The diversion cones were just about 10 ft from the slabs.

So I break and swerve, SCREEEEEEEEEEECH everywhere..... and bang!

And I have 3rd party insurance. You can't really put it on the government here... Instead they might charge me a 1000 bucks for spoiling the paint on the slabs. Grrrr and ow. For some reason I spent the whole day laughing, now I'm pissed.

It's just a car, Asim. Glad you weren't injured. :)
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
      120Kph on a big wide 4 lane road, I was on the left most
      Slow Poke I was going about 95 mph this afternoon. Glad to here you're ok. ;)

Comment

Hahaha tell that to my mother. She calls in from Karachi! (the news took like about 2 hrs to get there) and she's like ONE TWENTY!!??? It was very hillarious, they drive real slow in Pakistan.

The max I've gone at is 100 mph, which would be all that my Betsy (Cressida) would allow, on the Emirates Road. It has Very few Speed Radars and the ones that are there you can spot them from a mile away. We don't have cop cars catching speedsters. They do have the radar gun but they just come into play if someone driving ridiculously fast in slow zones and being rash.

The US had some freaky dedicated cops! They used to camp out behind bushes to catch people jumping stop signs in residential zones, with u know the slow ass driving.

Comment

Hahaha tell that to my mother. She calls in from Karachi! (the news took like about 2 hrs to get there) and she's like ONE TWENTY!!??? It was very hillarious, they drive real slow in Pakistan.

The max I've gone at is 100 mph, which would be all that my Betsy (Cressida) would allow, on the Emirates Road. It has Very few Speed Radars and the ones that are there you can spot them from a mile away. We don't have cop cars catching speedsters. They do have the radar gun but they just come into play if someone driving ridiculously fast in slow zones and being rash.

The US had some freaky dedicated cops! They used to camp out behind bushes to catch people jumping stop signs in residential zones, with u know the slow ass driving.

Thank God you are okay.

We do not drive slow here, I think your Mother did not relize it is not like innjer city driving.
          "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

You're not kidding. I've seen them camp out at the bottom of a hill behind a tree.

Comment

i've hit 125....my car doesn't go faster i don't think......

UK is too busy.....you keep hitting traffic.

I onced raced a mate back from uni (we study in Nottingham), and it was rush hour traffic, weell the traffic was still moving fast, but there was so much of it.....it was like rush hour at high speeds....we did some crazy sh1t, 100mph+ weaving in and out, cutting up cars, racing right up behind people, smashing brakes......by the time we finsihed his brakes had gone, quite litterally, over a 20 mile strech his brakes where burning.....

Comment

for god's sake Asim drive carefully.
                you are the last of the species, man.an educated and secular Pakistani

Comment

Got a nasty bump on my forehead... Hope its all fixed, till the end of the weak got some important work related things to do. I'm not exceeding 80, in Sharjah anymore. Half of Sharjah is under-construction and the city does not really have good safety standards.

In Dubai we have good traffic, good rules. Ok Rush hours are bad, but you can use the motorways to get to places really quick. We drive really fast there, since everyone follows the rules. I think we have one of the highest speed limits.

This accident mainly happened, because u know how they cut off a few lanes when some work is in progress? But you're supposed to place big signs all over, lane closed ahead or something. and then those diagonal cones. These guys placed it 10 ft away from the road block!

Comment

Working...
                  X