Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Zimmerman Participating In Celebrity Boxing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Zimmerman Participating In Celebrity Boxing...

His "celebrity" is based around putting a bullet in a teenager.

A jury of his peers agreed he had no chin, no hands, and a non-existent ground game.

Maybe he is so hard up for cash he will tour the nation allowing young men to pummel him for cash.

George Zimmerman Boxing Match: Trayvon Martin Shooter Participating In Celebrity Boxing Match
    By Treye Green
    on January 30 2014 11:20 PM

George Zimmerman Boxing Match: Trayvon Martin Shooter Participating In Celebrity Boxing Match

The 30-year-old, who was acquitted in the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last July, will be participating in a celebrity boxing match in March 2014. Speaking to Radar Online, Zimmerman says he is still looking for an opponent to join him in the ring and that the match was his idea. Former professional boxer Damon Feldmen is organizing the event.

“Prior to the incident I was actually going to the gym for weight loss and doing boxing-type training for weight loss and a mutual friend put me in contact with Damon and provided me with an opportunity and motivation to get back in shape and continue with my weight loss goals and also be able to help a charity out,” Zimmerman told Radar Online.

Zimmerman didn’t reveal to Radar if he was being paid or not for the match. But he did confirm that some of the proceeds will go to a still-unnamed charity.

“I’d love to tell you [the charity] but unfortunately there’s so much animosity still from people out there, that if I name the charity now they would get bombarded with negativity, so I’d rather not,” Zimmerman said. “I’ll leave it up to them to say if they want it to be publicized or not. But I will tell you that it’s an animal rescue.”

Zimmerman has had several run-ins with the law in the past year, including his arrest following an altercation with his current girlfriend in November. He was charged with felony aggravated assault, domestic violence battery and criminal mischief in that incident.

If you’re interested in challenging Zimmerman in the ring, you can email: [email protected]. Feldman says the match is scheduled for March 1, 2014, and can be viewed exclusively online and on Pay Per View.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Originally posted by troung View Post
    His "celebrity" is based around putting a bullet in a teenager.

A jury of his peers agreed he had no chin, no hands, and a non-existent ground game.

Maybe he is so hard up for cash he will tour the nation allowing young men to pummel him for cash.
    ...and then shoot them in 'self defence'?
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

He seems to really have lost it since the shooting incident. I wonder if this is how he really was or if all of the attention and publicity since then has driven him nuts. Attention and publicity in modern day America seems to be a poison pill. Just ask Bieber and Miley and Britney and the 2 or 10 dozen reality stars that seem to lose it on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
        He seems to really have lost it since the shooting incident. I wonder if this is how he really was or if all of the attention and publicity since then has driven him nuts. Attention and publicity in modern day America seems to be a poison pill. Just ask Bieber and Miley and Britney and the 2 or 10 dozen reality stars that seem to lose it on a regular basis.
        Since? He wasn't exactly 'Mr sane & stable' beforehand.
        sigpic

Comment

He didn't seem to have any kind of serious track record prior to the shooting. He had gone to school for criminal justice so maybe he was a cop wanna be looking for a chance to shoot someone, but that never really materialized in the trial or he would've been convicted. The Gov't wanted to convict him bad enough but didn't have the evidence to support it. My thought has always been he was looking for the chance to be a "hero" and Trayvin was a wannabe gangsta and their meeting was fated to end badly for one or both of them. But he really seems to have come unhinged at this point.

Comment

The man has been under considerable social, legal & finanial pressure since being found not guilty of the criminal charges he faced last year. This is just a rather pathetic attempt to cash in on his 'celebrity status' OJ Simpson style. A jail sentence for the relevant equivalent of manslaughter would probably have been kinder and quicker in the end. (At least he could have walked out of jail and been able to claim that he served his time and deserved a clean slate/fresh start.) As it stands he will probablly be 'serving time' in most peoples eyes till he is an old man - no one will want anything to do with him. Five years from now he will be on the streets with nothing except a name held in public contempt.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

As an afterthought, if I was a member of Trayvon Martin's family I might be tempted to head down to the gym and train intensively for a few weeks before signing up for the boxing match under a psuedonym.
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                Anyone who makes a career out of neighborhood watch is very likely looking for attention.
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                  .........As it stands he will probablly be 'serving time' in most peoples eyes till he is an old man - no one will want anything to do with him. Five years from now he will be on the streets with nothing except a name held in public contempt.
                  Maybe.

When I saw the topic title, I had to think for a moment, "Who is that?".

The thing is, if the member of the public constantly follows the media circus we have here in the US, then yes maybe it will be like that for him.

But on the other hand, a lot of people aren't too crazy about the US media being so "bread and circuses" driven, about it not delivering real news. Does that make a difference to them? Probably not.....unless enough of those uninterested have sufficient bucks to take elsewhere.

As far as I am concerned, he was found not guilty, the trial is over, move on.

Finally......so those who do criminal justice degrees are just wannabe cops? Interesting..............

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
                    Maybe.

When I saw the topic title, I had to think for a moment, "Who is that?".

The thing is, if the member of the public constantly follows the media circus we have here in the US, then yes maybe it will be like that for him.

But on the other hand, a lot of people aren't too crazy about the US media being so "bread and circuses" driven, about it not delivering real news. Does that make a difference to them? Probably not.....unless enough of those uninterested have sufficient bucks to take elsewhere.

As far as I am concerned, he was found not guilty, the trial is over, move on.

Finally......so those who do criminal justice degrees are just wannabe cops? Interesting..............
                    No, but those who express a desire to join the police force & attempts unsuccessfully to join & the enrols in a 'citizen's academy' designed to familiarize people with police work would certainly qualify. Unfortunately he missed the bit about waiting for backup.

George Zimmerman’s Application to Join His Hometown Police Force Was Rejected | All Things Crime Blog
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      No, but those who express a desire to join the police force & attempts unsuccessfully to join & the enrols in a 'citizen's academy' designed to familiarize people with police work would certainly qualify. Unfortunately he missed the bit about waiting for backup.

George Zimmerman’s Application to Join His Hometown Police Force Was Rejected | All Things Crime Blog
                      Okay.......maybe yes.......maybe no.

Without knowing what this or that person is thinking, I think it is unwise to make a sweeping conclusion on situations, especially IF there is reason to base those conclusions on what popular culture or "talking heads" have said.

Now I'll grant you that there is probably a world of difference between those in CJ programs who do have LE/prisons experience and those that don't. As a prof, for an undergrad forensics class, once pointed out to me about many of my classmates, "Your classmates know nothing about this world except what they've seen in some police drama.".

So would I go to a citizen's academy? No.....................I know too much already.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
                        Okay.......maybe yes.......maybe no.

Without knowing what this or that person is thinking, I think it is unwise to make a sweeping conclusion on situations, especially IF there is reason to base those conclusions on what popular culture or "talking heads" have said.
                        He clearly wanted to be a cop. That is why he applied to be a cop. That conclusively qualifies him as a 'wannabe cop'. Is that what motivated him to become so involved in neighbourhood watch & stalk the kid? That is the bit we don't know for sure, but calling him a 'wannabe cop' is 100% justified.

If you want something to get pedantic about I would draw your attention to the characterizing of Martin as a 'wannabe thug/gangster'.
                        sigpic

Comment

He clearly wanted to be a cop. That is why he applied to be a cop. That conclusively qualifies him as a 'wannabe cop'. Is that what motivated him to become so involved in neighbourhood watch & stalk the kid? That is the bit we don't know for sure, but calling him a 'wannabe cop' is 100% justified.

If you want something to get pedantic about I would draw your attention to the characterizing of Martin as a 'wannabe thug/gangster'.
                          If you say so.

Quite frankly, I didn't watch the "news" (and I use the word very lightly here) at all on this case.

The incident happened, he went to trial, he was found not guilty.

Move on.

Comment

A kid died unnecessarily because of this guy. If you can play pedant over the way the killer is described then others can maintain a dislike of him.

To each their own.
                            sigpic

Comment

A kid died unnecessarily because of this guy.
                              Court said he is not guilty. They had more insight then the media hoopla.

If you can play pedant over the way the killer is described then others can maintain a dislike of him.
                              One can like or dislike anyone, based on personal opinion.

To each their own.
                              Community has its' own ways to sort things.
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                              X