PDA

View Full Version : Pure Genius?

Doktor
29 Jan 14,, 09:47
Genius man used one first class airplane ticket to eat free for a year

A PASSENGER has been busted using his airline ticket in a rather surprising way.
The man used his first-class ticket to score free meals and drinks at a VIP airport lounge nearly every day for a year, the Kwong Wah Yit Poh reported.
He changed his flight itinerary more than 300 times within the year so he could enjoy the facilities at the Xi'an Airport in Shaanxi, China.
What's more, he cancelled his ticket for a refund when its validity was about to expire.
Staff members were less than impressed to discover what the man was up to, but a spokesman said there was no way to stop this "rare" act.

China Eastern Airlines passenger uses first class ticket for free meals | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/china-eastern-airlines-passenger-uses-first-class-ticket-for-free-meals/story-e6frfq80-1226811109390)

brak
29 Jan 14,, 10:01
He changed his flight itinerary more than 300 times within the year so he could enjoy the facilities at the Xi'an Airport in Shaanxi, China.
Smart fellow, but how is this possible? The airlines will only let you change your itinerary so many times.

Tamara
29 Jan 14,, 10:05
Genius man used one first class airplane ticket to eat free for a year

A PASSENGER has been busted using his airline ticket in a rather surprising way.
The man used his first-class ticket to score free meals and drinks at a VIP airport lounge nearly every day for a year, the Kwong Wah Yit Poh reported.

I would call that a cheater.

Once upon a time, there was a movie called "Who's Minding the Mint" with Jim Hutton. In the start, Jim is living very high on the hog by being chauffered around, having an expensive apartment, and the like.....and not paying a cent on it. What he was doing was using the grace, try out period on things and when that ran out, he tested out another or moved to another place and repeated the process.

At the time, I expressed to my father what a great way to do things but my father corrected me of how he was abusing the system, being dishonest because Jim's character never ever had any intention of buying.

Now maybe today a lot of people may have the attitude of "Well, if it's freely given, why shouldn't I take it? Why should I have to pay?"

But I say such an attitude is one of the things wrong with the current society.

bonehead
29 Jan 14,, 15:45
I would call that a cheater.

Once upon a time, there was a movie called "Who's Minding the Mint" with Jim Hutton. In the start, Jim is living very high on the hog by being chauffered around, having an expensive apartment, and the like.....and not paying a cent on it. What he was doing was using the grace, try out period on things and when that ran out, he tested out another or moved to another place and repeated the process.

At the time, I expressed to my father what a great way to do things but my father corrected me of how he was abusing the system, being dishonest because Jim's character never ever had any intention of buying.

Now maybe today a lot of people may have the attitude of "Well, if it's freely given, why shouldn't I take it? Why should I have to pay?"

But I say such an attitude is one of the things wrong with the current society.

I would call that pay back. It is no secret that the airlines love to stack the deck against their customers. Nothing wrong with a customer turning the tables and using the airlines own system against them.

Arem52
29 Jan 14,, 19:50
there is a fine line between a "free loader" and being a parasite.

I wonder how long it will take for them to change the rules.

bigross86
29 Jan 14,, 19:52
The amount of horror stories one hears about airlines, and the things I've experienced myself, means I have no sympathy towards the airlines whatsoever. I mean, Delta Airlines couldn't even sit me and my fiancee next to each other, and we booked our tickets together!

Screw the airlines in every way possible. Screw 'em long, and screw 'em hard

Arem52
29 Jan 14,, 20:26
was that not maybe a little harsh saying that airlines are bad? its a global industry so you can't say that all are bad.

antimony
29 Jan 14,, 20:54
The amount of horror stories one hears about airlines, and the things I've experienced myself, means I have no sympathy towards the airlines whatsoever. I mean, Delta Airlines couldn't even sit me and my fiancee next to each other, and we booked our tickets together!

Screw the airlines in every way possible. Screw 'em long, and screw 'em hard

And you would be fighting against the free market.

I am no fan of them, if the airlines get squeezed, who do you think they would take it out on?

How do you stop them from doing that? Regulations? We all know how much we WABBERs love that.

bonehead
30 Jan 14,, 02:15
And you would be fighting against the free market.

I am no fan of them, if the airlines get squeezed, who do you think they would take it out on?

How do you stop them from doing that? Regulations? We all know how much we WABBERs love that.

The guy used the airlines own regulations against them. It is people like this man who will make them change, no governmental regulation needed. Hell everyone knows those who can afford it are given tons of freebies while those that sit in the back of the plane are lucky to get a bag of peanuts and half a can of Coke. One does not have to fight the "free market" Until the airlines returns to something that resembles sanity I won't buy a plane ticket. That is the free market.

antimony
30 Jan 14,, 02:31
The guy used the airlines own regulations against them. It is people like this man who will make them change, no governmental regulation needed. Hell everyone knows those who can afford it are given tons of freebies while those that sit in the back of the plane are lucky to get a bag of peanuts and half a can of Coke. One does not have to fight the "free market" Until the airlines returns to something that resembles sanity I won't buy a plane ticket. That is the free market.

If a bunch of people do what this guy does, where do you think ticket prices are headed?

I am not blaming this guy for anything. However, it is the nature of the "free market" to change rules to its advantage when possible.

And a secret, it is not a "free market", I am sure you are aware of the entry barriers to set up an airlines company.

bonehead
30 Jan 14,, 03:19
If a bunch of people do what this guy does, where do you think ticket prices are headed?

I am not blaming this guy for anything. However, it is the nature of the "free market" to change rules to its advantage when possible.

And a secret, it is not a "free market", I am sure you are aware of the entry barriers to set up an airlines company.

At worse the airline company will close the loophole. If they raise ticked prices too much less people will fly. The last option is to no longer give the freebies to the rich……Bahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha.

antimony
30 Jan 14,, 05:11
At worse the airline company will close the loophole. If they raise ticked prices too much less people will fly.
As the overall economy picks up, travel will become more frequent. Its does not sound like a very elastic demand to me, especially with the absence of high speed train services

The last option is to no longer give the freebies to the rich……Bahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha.
How does screwing someone else help you? Are you part of Occupy ? Do you hate Tom Perkins and the 1% ? :mad:

bonehead
30 Jan 14,, 05:24
As the overall economy picks up, travel will become more frequent. Its does not sound like a very elastic demand to me, especially with the absence of high speed train services

How does screwing someone else help you? Are you part of Occupy ? Do you hate Tom Perkins and the 1% ? :mad:

The better question is how is all the airline's pandering to the ones that can afford a first class ticket help the poor shlubs in the cattle car section of the plane? What did this guy cost the airline? NADA. We are talking FREEBIES routinely given to the rich. The only uproar is that someone was able to jump a class and enjoy the highlife for a brief time. Do you hate the middle class so much that you loathe that they get to win one every so often?

antimony
30 Jan 14,, 18:48
The better question is how is all the airline's pandering to the ones that can afford a first class ticket help the poor shlubs in the cattle car section of the plane? What did this guy cost the airline? NADA. We are talking FREEBIES routinely given to the rich. The only uproar is that someone was able to jump a class and enjoy the highlife for a brief time. Do you hate the middle class so much that you loathe that they get to win one every so often?

Come on, you know I was being sarcastic.

It is not a question of the aircraft losing money; it is a question of leaving money on the table. Have you heard the term "revenue leakage"? That is exactly how the airlines see it. You can bet they are working to fix it so that someone does not take their imagined money away from them again. Hey, blame capitalism.

bonehead
31 Jan 14,, 02:16
They will probably enact a credit check to enter the VIP area. If you don't have the minimum of assets you get directed to the 12 dollar hotdog bar so you can subsidize the next rich guy that is entitled to his freebies. Aint capitalism grand?