• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warheads seized in Jamaica

What does anyone make of this story:
    News from The Associated Press
    and the same thing here, albeit shortened a bit:
    Jamaican authorities seize 3,300 warheads aboard ship | Fox News

Crime? Terrorism? Destination S. America, Mexico or United States? This sounds somewhat like what they do in the territories in Israel or Lebanon.

This was two days ago. All the news reports come from one wire story dated the 29th. Not even the Jamaican press mentions it. You'd think a haul like this would be getting page one headlines. Something is odd about this report.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
      This was two days ago. All the news reports come from one wire story dated the 29th. Not even the Jamaican press mentions it. You'd think a haul like this would be getting page one headlines. Something is odd about this report.
      Has a whiff of Olie North about it, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
        Has a whiff of Olie North about it, doesn't it?
        Without the birthday cake and the Bible. A long lost ship destined for Honduras to supply the Contras found at last?

The word 'warhead' baffles me. One thinks of MIRVs or other nuclear weapon delivery vehicle. Considering the silence since the first report, maybe they were something more pedestrian like rocket-propelled grenades. And the so-called warhead fabrication machine--who makes warheads with one machine?

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
          Without the birthday cake and the Bible. A long lost ship destined for Honduras to supply the Contras found at last?

The word 'warhead' baffles me. One thinks of MIRVs or other nuclear weapon delivery vehicle. Considering the silence since the first report, maybe they were something more pedestrian like rocket-propelled grenades. And the so-called warhead fabrication machine--who makes warheads with one machine?
          I'm betting that, or those old Soviet-era 107 or 122MM rockets. I suspect that if the onion is peeled back far enough, the shipment originated in North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
            I'm betting that, or those old Soviet-era 107 or 122MM rockets. I suspect that if the onion is peeled back far enough, the shipment originated in North Korea.
            Or, how about the Cubans getting rid of warheads the Soviets left behind when they pulled their missiles out of Cuba in 1962. :) The Jamaicans wouldn't say where they originated.

Comment

I'm wondering if it isn't something like rpg's, or those 107 mm rockets the Captain mentioned. Iran makes a copy of the soviet type, maybe the rocket manufacturing equipment is just tubes and machinery to modify them to launching tubes. Possible Iran is trying to stock terrorist or criminal groups in the western hemisphere in case of military action against them? Now that we have an "agreement", the story is being squashed or ignored?

Comment

Maybe something like these? Iran provides them to Hezbollah and other groups who then use them singly in homemade launch systems, tubes, stands, etc.
                The Arkenstone -

Attached Files

Comment

Could the Mexican Cartels be a potential customer?

Comment

Correction: Jamaica-Warheads Seized Story
                    KINGSTON, Jamaica December 2, 2013 (AP)

Associated Press - In a Nov. 29 story about the seizure of ammunition in Jamaica, The Associated Press reported erroneously that authorities had seized 3,300 missile warheads. Jamaica's government says the materials that police referred to as "warheads" are used to make bullets for handguns.
                    Source: ABC News

Hmm...
                    sigpic

Comment

3300 bullets? That's a weekend shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                        Source: ABC News

Hmm...
                        So gunnut's luggage got sent to Jamaica by mistake?

Comment

Feh
                          This is just like when ABC and Nasa promise us a giant asteroid is gonna plow into the Earth, and I go and rush out and stock up on beef jerky and mac n cheese only to read another paragraph into the story to find out it's only gonna pass near the earth, then 10x the distance of the moon from the earth and it's not really that big, just the size of a Volkswagon and its not for another 45 years anyway and by now I've lost the receipt for the Mac n cheese (I'll keep the jerky).

I thought it was bad when they call the LCS a battleship in press accounts. So warheads is what they are calling projectiles for pistol caliber ammunition? That works out to .0011785 bullet per capita- what do they need with that kind of fire power?

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            So gunnut's luggage got sent to Jamaica by mistake?
                            OK, Yeller, now that was good!!! yes, I am back- sorry about your luck!! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                            X