Happy thanksgivukkah!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy thanksgivukkah!!!

With Thanksgiving in the USA being tomorrow and Hanukkah also begininning let me wish my fellow WABbers HAPPY THANKSGIVUKKAH!!!!

:danc:
    Last edited by Albany Rifles; 27 Nov 13,, 18:12.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Of Turkey, wine, chill and snow!

May you all have a very comforting Thanksgiving!!!
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      With Thanksgiving in the USA being tomorrow and Passover also begininning let me wish my fellow WABbers HAPPY THANKSGIVUKKAH!!!!

:danc:
      Uh, dude, better check your all faiths calendar one more time. It's Hanukkah and not Pesach that is beginning today. Have to wait for the Spring for the latter. My sister who, while born an Irish-Catholic, is the ultimate Yiddishe Mama would have your arse for such an egregious error. ;)
      Last edited by desertswo; 27 Nov 13,, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
        Uh, dude, better check your all faiths calendar one more time. It's Hanukkah and not Pesach that is beginning today. Have to wait for the Spring for the latter. My sister who, while born an Irish-Catholic, is the ultimate Yiddishe Mama would have your arse for such an egregious error. ;)
        To quote a great American, Homer Simpon......DOH!!!!:red::slap:

I fixed it.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Since this board has international members, can anyone help me out with it's significance?

All I know is that it is celebrated in anticipation of the harvest to be harvested.

We in NE-India do too. The Kukis call is Chavang-Kut. Gunfires, deer-meat/porcupine-meat/wild boar etc. Amazing tradition, I miss as of now.
          Last edited by Oracle; 27 Nov 13,, 18:32.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Happy Chanukah, y'all!

Attached Files
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! / !חנוכה שמחה
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving day and Happy Hanukkah.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    Since this board has international members, can anyone help me out with it's significance?

All I know is that it is celebrated in anticipation of the harvest to be harvested.

We in NE-India do too. The Kukis call is Chavang-Kut. Gunfires, deer-meat/porcupine-meat/wild boar etc. Amazing tradition, I miss as of now.

It's harvest related here too, but comes after the harvest. These days, it's just a day to gather the family together and feel thankful for all the good things that have happened in the past year. Oddly enough, it is not uncommon for people to torture themselves on this day, by overeating.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                      Thanksgiving was something like 6 weeks ago. Anyway here is the British take on what the Yanks get up to at the end of November.

British Friends Describe Thanksgiving - YouTube

Comment

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. Had the family over to my house for dinner and the Filipina wife really got into making the traditional fixin's. Now I'm kicking back drinking a double shot of an Anejo...:tankie:

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                          Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. Had the family over to my house for dinner and the Filipina wife really got into making the traditional fixin's. Now I'm kicking back drinking a double shot of an Anejo...:tankie:
                          Nothing to do with turkey, but does your Mamacita do that really cool thing where they completely bone a whole chicken? Damnedest thing I've ever seen . . . or eaten. Yummy!! I love Filipino cuisine. Hell, who am I kidding? I'm on the "see food diet." I see food and I eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
                            Nothing to do with turkey, but does your Mamacita do that really cool thing where they completely bone a whole chicken? Damnedest thing I've ever seen . . . or eaten. Yummy!! I love Filipino cuisine. Hell, who am I kidding? I'm on the "see food diet." I see food and I eat it.
                            LOL. Actually I have never seen that.

First she came from a very poor background. Second, she was adopted which meant she was a lot like Cinderella in her family except step dad was good to her. Food, of course, was very precious. So if you put a chicken in front of her, after I remove all the white meat, the rest looks like it was worked over by piranhas. Even the bones are cracked for their marrow.

So you could say she treats the chicken in the opposite manner. Actually she treats anything with bones like that. Her teeth are a lot younger than mine

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                              LOL. Actually I have never seen that.

First she came from a very poor background. Second, she was adopted which meant she was a lot like Cinderella in her family except step dad was good to her. Food, of course, was very precious. So if you put a chicken in front of her, after I remove all the white meat, the rest looks like it was worked over by piranhas. Even the bones are cracked for their marrow.

So you could say she treats the chicken in the opposite manner. Actually she treats anything with bones like that. Her teeth are a lot younger than mine
                              God, she and my wife would get along great. She's a Uni girl, as you know, but Native American on one side and Greek (mom is from Athens) on the other. I can't stand being around her when she decides to take down the gristle of some poor critter. The noises that emanate from her general vicinity remind one of feeding time at the San Diego Zoo. My kids and I run screaming for the exits!

:insane:

The actual meal I'm referring to is just a simple chicken adobo with pancit, but that boning thing is something I've seen a couple of times, but most especially from the wife of a CPO who worked for me in Constellation. He was an Anglo from Texas, and she was from somewhere out in "da Probence" and had this way of removing every bone from the carcass of the poor bird before cooking it. She showed my wife how it's done, and she still can't get it. She also doesn't roll lumpia worth a sh1t either (that's my job), but that's my cross to bear. Maybe I should break out "dee tsinelas!" What do you think?

Last edited by desertswo; 29 Nov 13,, 19:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X