Was Jinnah Power hungry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Jinnah Power hungry?

Some say he was, and that he wanted to make Pakistan for himself. I'll try to counter argue this:

1. Gandhi and Lord Mountbaten offered, Jinnah the first Prime Ministership of an Independent India, but he refused.

2. He had a failing health. One of Jinnah's best kept secrets only known by his Hindu doctor, of him sufferring from tuberculosis. If the word had gotten out, there would never have been a Pakistan, since once Jinnah died, the Tehreek-e-Pakistan would've taken a big blow. Jinnah knew he'd not lead over Pakistan for long, yet he went on with his mission.

3. Lastly, he didn't even want the title of Quaid-e-Azam, to quote him:

"I have lived as plain Mr. Jinnah and I hope to die as plain Mr. Jinnah. I am very much averse to any title or honours and I will be more than happy if there was no prefix to my name."

You could explain it like this.

Jinnah was so power hungry that he wanted to rule over a nation as huge as the then Pakistan even while he was virtually on his death bed.

Comment

Originally posted by SamudraGupta
      You could explain it like this.

Jinnah was so power hungry that he wanted to rule over a nation as huge as the then Pakistan even while he was virtually on his death bed.
      Lol, some of us sure can.

Comment

Lastly, he didn't even want the title of Quaid-e-Azam
        Which politician or leader said he wanted a title such as Q-e-A ?

Comment

Just quoting where Jinnah was coming from. He was a man of immense integrity. The Pak government still holds the love letters exchanged between Lady mountbaten and Nehru, he was the one who stopped them from getting published.

Just trying to point out why we call him Quaid-e-Azam, or the Great Leader. The profound effect he had on Advani, a hardliner Hindu Indian, is evidence of this individual's influence on the 20th century.

Comment

The Pak government still holds the love letters exchanged between Lady mountbaten and Nehru, he was the one who stopped them from getting published.
            Thats funny , i am sure Zia or some stupid would have published those letters , if they had in the first place.

Besides , what if they were in love ? I dont care to whom Nehru goes every nigh to.

The Advani issue was because of certain mis-understandings between the Parivar and Advani , the Jinnah comments he made were just excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
              The Pak government still holds the love letters exchanged between Lady mountbaten and Nehru, he was the one who stopped them from getting published.
              LOL..now that is BS.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Besides , what if they were in love ?
                Adultery? Perhaps you're okay with that. Several million Hindus (it was 1947) wouldn't have been.

The Advani issue was because of certain mis-understandings between the Parivar and Advani , the Jinnah comments he made were just excuses.
                Perhaps.

Comment

Adultery? Perhaps you're okay with that. Several million Hindus (it was 1947) wouldn't have been.
                  What makes you think that you can speak for several million Hindus ?

Besides it was the forefathers of these very Hindus who had written and practised Kamasutra , the exquisite images in Kajauroah , and what not !

Comment

Lol, hindi movies? And words like "Kal moohi!" "Bad Chalann" etc.

Adultery is different from sex positions.

Comment

Quit your fertile imaginations , NOW !

What i was trying to imply , and i was very clear at that , was that Hindus or Indians were an open society since a long time.

Comment

Just trying to point out why we call him Quaid-e-Azam, or the Great Leader. The profound effect he had on Advani, a hardliner Hindu Indian, is evidence of this individual's influence on the 20th century.
                        What does Advani has to do with the Jinnah being a great leader. Jinnah is a clever politician, him being great leader, its too far fetched, as we can see his nation the very same nation he created for muslims is faltering.

Its indeed his non thotfulness that brought Pakistan to its current state, a secular nation for sub continent muslims...how contradictory.
                        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by SamudraGupta
                          Quit your fertile imaginations , NOW !

What i was trying to imply , and i was very clear at that , was that Hindus or Indians were an open society since a long time.
                          Openness and immorality are two different things. Anyway.... not the discussion here.

Jinnah is a clever politician, him being great leader, its too far fetched, as we can see his nation the very same nation he created for muslims is faltering.
                          We had our road bumps. But Pakistan is on the rise today. The current Pakistani nation is taking it to the next level. But thats not the discussion here either.

You've said Jinnah was power hungry. I've shown that he was not.

Comment

You've said Jinnah was power hungry. I've shown that he was not.
                            Ermm...where?
                            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

U know what Imean... the collective you!

Comment

Working...
                              X