keran sector??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keran sector??

lemontree,major do you have any idea what is happening in keran sector? seems like government is hiding something.why has it taken 14 day to flush out the terrorists out of a small ghost village? and the op is still going on..

The time-frame is not necessarily unusual given the IA's statements regarding the difficult terrain. As an example, the recent PA operation in Tirah valley in FATA took almost a month to complete.

104 terrorists, 8 troops killed in operation against Taliban
    Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
    https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

Originally posted by prash View Post
      lemontree,major do you have any idea what is happening in keran sector? seems like government is hiding something.why has it taken 14 day to flush out the terrorists out of a small ghost village? and the op is still going on..
      Nothing is being hidden. It is not some hill feature that can be occupied. Its an infiltration attempt by jihadis and assisted by Pak regular army troops.
      12-15 of them have been killed during the first 4 days. Ops in there areas take time, there is no need to rush as no momentum has to be maintained.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
        ... and assisted by Pak regular army troops.
        That is unsubstantiated speculation.

Sharp reaction: Pakistani envoy slams Indian media – The Express Tribune
        Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
        https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

BBC News - Kashmir: Indian army makes 'large haul' of arms and ammunition

"A large haul of seven AK47 rifles and war ammunition has been recovered. The recovery made by the army makes the designs of militants amply clear," Col Sanjay Mitra told reporters.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
            BBC News - Kashmir: Indian army makes 'large haul' of arms and ammunition

"A large haul of seven AK47 rifles and war ammunition has been recovered. The recovery made by the army makes the designs of militants amply clear," Col Sanjay Mitra told reporters.

LOL
            The picture i have seen in the other forums(posted by indian members) show ak-74U.

Media sources claim ak47 while the pics of captured gun shown are ak-74u

Comment

Originally posted by farhan_9909 View Post
              The picture i have seen in the other forums(posted by indian members) show ak-74U.

Are you saying Col Sanjay Mitra cannot tell the difference between an AK-74 and an AK-47?

Comment

Originally posted by prash View Post
                seems like government is hiding something.why has it taken 14 day to flush out the terrorists out of a small ghost village? and the op is still going on..
                Nothing to hide.. It's an infiltration attempt and due to the terrain, and the ease at which the militants can cross back into the safety of Pakistan, it's a cat and mouse game which sometimes takes time.

This bunch didn't get too far..

Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
                That is unsubstantiated speculation.
                Sometimes there is direct evidence of PA collaboration with militants in the form of radio intercepts, fire cover, etc, while at other times it is purely speculation. Even if the latter, I won't call it "unsubstantiated"..

For example; here are the pics of the militants that attacked the army base in Jammu about a week back:

Open at your own discretion; may be a bit gruesome
                http://i.imgur.com/gl1NFJS.jpg

Although there has been no direct evidence linking these militants with the PA in this case (or atleast none publicly shared as of yet), their kit is the intriguing part.. They carried out a commando style hit on an Indian army base, and they came fully kitted up for the task. So if these aren't PA supported units which are carrying out these ops, than I think that more than India, it is Pakistan which should be worrying..
                Attached Files
                Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Link/Post the pics. Many a times the journalists use older recycled images if they don't have a fresh one. There have been so many weapons seizures in Kashmir, that there are no dearth of pics lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                    Link/Post the pics. Many a times the journalists use older recycled images if they don't have a fresh one. There have been so many weapons seizures in Kashmir, that there are no dearth of pics lying around.
                    cdude is trolling, ignore him.

Both Ak-47s and 74Us have been recovered/captured.

Weapons have been captured at several different instances during the duration of the last 2 weeks. Those "7 Ak-47s" mentioned by Col Mitra are from one instance out of a couple.

"He said the recoveries include seven AK 47 rifles, four pistols, one sniper rifle, 20 UBGL grenades, two radio-sets and other war-like stores.

Some medicines and food items were also recovered, he said.

Army had yesterday recovered six AK rifles, 10 pistols, five radio-sets and other items after the search operations in the sector, Col Mitra said."

Huge cache of arms recovered from J&K's Keran sector, Centre 'assessing' situation - The Times of India

So that would be 13 captured AKs (both Ak-47s and 74Us) over the last 2 days.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Tronic; 08 Oct 13,, 04:26.
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                      cdude is trolling, ignore him.
                      I was responding to Farhan. As for cdude, well I would expect nothing less.

Thanks for the pic. I knew I had seen it somewhere earlier today, but was unable to find it.

Comment

I was responding to Farhan. As for cdude, well I would expect nothing less.

Thanks for the pic. I knew I had seen it somewhere earlier today, but was unable to find it.
                        If this is to be believed and the above AK 74U indeed are captured.Than from the built i can say that yes they do look the one made in Pakistan and is having striking similarities to the one in my hand

*But there is also a possibility that they might be showing these old pics of ak 74u(may be once captured) to put more weight to the blame on Pakistan

Compare with this

Attached Files

Comment

If this is to be believed and the above AK 74U indeed are captured.Than from the built i can say that yes they do look the one made in Pakistan and is having striking similarities to the one in my hand

*But there is also a possibility that they might be showing these old pics of ak 74u(may be once captured) to put more weight to the blame on Pakistan

Thats pretty much what an AKS-74U made anywhere looks like. What's special about it? Making all sorts of AK-series rifles is a flourishing cottage industry in some parts of Pakistan. We don't have to look at the pictures to conclude that the terrorists (who crossed over from PoK) may have bought their weapons there (or weapons bought there would have been provided to them by their handlers).

Comment

Thats pretty much what an AKS-74U made anywhere looks like. What's special about it? Making all sorts of AK-series rifles is a flourishing cottage industry in some parts of Pakistan. We don't have to look at the pictures to conclude that the terrorists (who crossed over from PoK) may have bought their weapons there (or weapons bought there would have been provided to them by their handlers).
                            Well No,I can easily differentiate between a ak74u made somewhere else and a made in Pakistan(darra or anywhere else in kpk)

They are of extremely useless quality.I really doubt if PA really was to sent them,than atleast they would have given them a proper working rifle.Not these useless toys.
                            They are only good within 100m range,Made of extremely uselss raw material,Not even close to the real,the imported barrels are of extremely useless quality if they still Don't have the CNC's for manufacturing them.

While those made by POF are not for civilian(though i doubt POF makes ak-74u)

Comment

BTW, Tronic, I had posted this: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/cen...tml#post933675 a few days back for you and others who were excited about the talks. Don't know if you read it. Posting it here, since there is a new thread now...

Fat lot of good all the "peace talks" did.

Jammu & Kashmir's Keran sector witnessing Kargil rerun?

The Army is trying to downplay the incident. But the fact remains that there were about 30-40 infiltrators who actually occupied Indian territory instead of sneaking in to set off bombs as is the usual SOP. And they have been trading fire with the army for about 10 days now despite losing nearly half their force. Clearly, they are well supplied and well trained. IA spokespersons have made remarks about their excellent fire discipline etc., the sort you expect from a professional army.

The truth is that it is physically impossible to sanitize every inch of the border all the time. There will always be gaps, unit rotations, equipment inadequacies etc., that the PA. can exploit. Plus they have their time-tested tactic of conducting artillery barrages as covering fire for the infiltration teams. Tronic talks about being vigilant and "hitting back" without really delving into the difficulties that the IA faces. The IA will always be on the defensive whilst we continue to merely react to such incidents and fight solely on our side of the border. Unless we take the fight into their territory these incidents will continue to happen. And you can't do something like that if you are conducting "peace talks" and discussing CBMs. Not unless you are willing to shamelessly lie about your soldiers being involved and refuse to accept their dead bodies like the PA did during Kargil and continues to do now.

Comment

Working...
                              X