Romanians do it better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romanians do it better

To outsmart the Brits is a move worth admiring, but the Romanians take it to another level.

After the UK ministers considered launching a campaign to stop immigrants from Romania and Bulgaria, Gândul, a daily Romanian newspaper, launched a response campaign tagged, “We May Not Like Britain, But You’ll Love Romania.”

Brilliant if you ask me.

Attached Files
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

More...

Attached Files

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I agree.
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

With what? :red:

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
          I agree.
          Sounds like a true politician

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            With what? :red:
            All of the points.

We were with some Brit folks,somewhere,in a God forsaken place.But not forsaken enough.In the evenings,we humped 8-9 in a jeep(the more,the merrier) and went to,let's call it ''the place''. Beer there was 2Ron,which is roughly 50euro cents.Brits turned out to be solid beer drinkers.They all said they never lived better.

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
            Sounds like a true politician
            Better call me a nazi.It hurts less
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
              All of the points.

We were with some Brit folks,somewhere,in a God forsaken place.But not forsaken enough.In the evenings,we humped 8-9 in a jeep(the more,the merrier) and went to,let's call it ''the place''. Beer there was 2Ron,which is roughly 50euro cents.Brits turned out to be solid beer drinkers.They all said they never lived better.
              Hmm... you can have beer for similar price at stores here. No wonder Scottish people were so cheerful.

Better call me a nazi.It hurts less
              Truth hurts

Comment

Well played, Romania. Well played.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

Doc,

To be fair, selling any place with more than 4 weeks of sunshine per year & cheap beer to the Brits as a holiday destination shouldn't be that hard. Half of them are trying to work out how to leave & the other half wish they could afford to fantasize about leaving. That's why they conquered so much of the world - just wanted to get out of the place.

Then there is Tankie. He is what refuge experts call a 'push factor'. If the Brits want to keep out Romanians just put up posters of Tankie at border crossings. They will run home as quickly as their little Romanian legs can carry them.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Hmm... Explains why many Romanians stay in France.

Must be those stiffen upper lips put 'Welcome to UK' posters on the train doors with Tankie on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Doc,

To be fair, selling any place with more than 4 weeks of sunshine per year & cheap beer to the Brits as a holiday destination shouldn't be that hard. Half of them are trying to work out how to leave & the other half wish they could afford to fantasize about leaving. That's why they conquered so much of the world - just wanted to get out of the place.

Then there is Tankie. He is what refuge experts call a 'push factor'. If the Brits want to keep out Romanians just put up posters of Tankie at border crossings. They will run home as quickly as their little Romanian legs can carry them.
                      Then why are they trying to keep the foreigners out? They should be offering swap options, "If you come here, I come over there and take your place." Makes everybody happy. A win win situation.

Just curious. Why do most English people want to leave England? It can't be all that bad. I visited London and it was a good place to hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                        Then why are they trying to keep the foreigners out? They should be offering swap options, "If you come here, I come over there and take your place." Makes everybody happy. A win win situation.

Just curious. Why do most English people want to leave England? It can't be all that bad. I visited London and it was a good place to hang out.
                        It is cold, dark, expensive, crappy food & full of English people. ;)

I work with a former English citizen who came out to Australia for the first time in her late 30s when her husband got a 1 year posting with the Australian military. At the end of that year, as the plane took off headed back to England, she burst uncontrollably into tears at the thought of returning (I'm not making this up). It took them 2 years to get back here & she had to leave behind her adult son, but she says she had never been so determined to do a thing in her life.

She liked hanging out in London too, just doesn't want to live there.
                        sigpic

Comment

It is cold, dark, expensive, crappy food & full of English people.

Now you know how the Scots feel!
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

This soon turned into a scare the Romanians off with the UK being a better place when tankies not there , twats .

PS I concur with most of the posts about the UK being a dungeon , but dont piss on our parade or we will kick the fkin shite outa ya , ask the last shower that tried it , the silver state mob

PS PS , In londonistan last year 25.000 arrests were made for theft / pickpockets , attributed to Romanians , there were more of course but 25.000 to Romanians ,,,oh by the way , welcome to the UK where health care is free / benefits/and child care allowance to send home to your kids in ,,,Romania :whome:
                            Last edited by tankie; 20 Sep 13,, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              It is cold, dark, expensive, crappy food & full of English people.

Now you know how the Scots feel!
                              There appear to be a number of potential reactions to these circumstances:

*Drink heavily & write beautiful music - the 'Irish option'

*Dig big holes & sing nicely - the 'Welsh option' (for the 'Cornish option' replace singing with making savoury pastries)

*Complain endlessly & then declare 'mustn't grumble' - the 'English option'

*Dress in women's clothing, master an unlistenable musical instrument & kill everything that moves - the 'Scots option'
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X