I find this reprehensible and disgusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find this reprehensible and disgusting

I blame the media for this, I wonder what America will become when idiots like these gets elected and get power..(power people like him made and sustain)

Wait I'm confused...do you honest to god think David Petraeus is a war criminal or are you in contempt of my sadly misinformed peers calling him as such?
    "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
      Wait I'm confused...do you honest to god think David Petraeus is a war criminal or are you in contempt of my sadly misinformed peers calling him as such?
      What?
      I think Gen. Petraeus is a Hero. I was disappointed with his personal life, but that is none of my concern in the greater scheme of things.

I think America is going towards its demise, and its not because of China or Islam. But rather its youth. What a disgusting behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
        What?
        I think Gen. Petraeus is a Hero. I was disappointed with his personal life, but that is none of my concern in the greater scheme of things.

I think America is going towards its demise, and its not because of China or Islam. But rather its youth. What a disgusting behavior.
        Sorry I thought the wording in your first post was a little weird. As a student of the SUNY/CUNY system I can confidently say that this particular group of my peers are by no means the norm (they're kinda douches to be honest). Even the most pacifistic, anti-war students in general respect our active and former serviceman regardless of stature, rank or politics.
        Last edited by Red Team; 10 Sep 13,, 19:55.

Comment

I blame the media for this, I wonder what America will become when idiots like these gets elected and get power..(power people like him made and sustain)
          Uh, where were you when Clinton and Dickhead, err, I mean Obama got elected? It's already happened partner; more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
            Uh, where were you when Clinton and Dickhead, err, I mean Obama got elected? It's already happened partner; more than once.
            Sir,

I believe they are sane, intelligent and even patriotic in front of these idiots. American education system and its own hypocrisy ( that it is always right and is the champion of freedom etc etc, which is an impossible title to achieve in our world, has led to this confused situation). America is not an utopia nor is the world.

Comment

Sir,

I believe they are sane, intelligent and even patriotic in front of these idiots. American education system and its own hypocrisy ( that it is always right and is the champion of freedom etc etc, which is an impossible title to achieve in our world, has led to this confused situation). America is not an utopia nor is the world.
              Please don't be offended, but I am curious about your age. Those of us who have been around a while, and maybe even witnessed such events as a peer of like-minded people "back in the day" would tell you Clinton and Obama are exactly that sort of person. It's what they did; in Clinton's case, in another country even.

Comment

This is nothing new in the annals of American history. I saw stuff like this and worse during the Vietnam war protests.

He handled it like a man, unlike Weiner, that sorry politician who verbally attacked a man in a deli for saying he shouldn't run for mayor.

I would have loved to see some vets show up while all this was going on.
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

What?

Not really. There has always been a fringe group of students throughout the decades. Berkeley was full of them back in the days. Not so much now at least the students. San Francisco State was also the same and still shows some even to this day. I guess the tuition sorts them out between the two schools nowadays. Then there are the professional protestors who are of student age but not necessarily students. San Francisco is full of them and they are usually seen out in force in something like this. They were recently protesting Syrian involvement. I'm not thrilled with Syrian involvement but I am not out in the street in my button down shirt and tie. However, the pictures of those that were really brought back a sense of deja vu in that it is 2013 and then it was 1970. Ah, the TV screen memories.

In 1984 I met an older gentleman as a patient. As we talked I told him that he looked familiar from the past but couldn't quite place him yet but it was back in time. Handed me his card which said retired deputy chief CHP. Now I remembered seeing him on TV once. He told me that was when Reagan sent the CHP into Berkeley due to the People's Park protests and he was in charge. He then retired shortly after as he wasn't thrilled with that use of the CHP. Anyway he became a good friend till he passed away a few years back at around 90. Had many great stories for me dating back to a motorcycle cop in Marin 1940. This fellow I miss.

Comment

I just seriously can't comprehend that degree of ignorance at all, at least have the damn common sense to actually research the man before passing judgment. But no apparently that's too much work. Instead let's go harass the guy in public, spitting out uncultured epithets and baseless rhetoric in an attempt to satisfy some distorted sense of justice and self-satisfaction. Bunch of effin' dumbass, liberal art majoring psudo-intellectuals they are.

And this is coming from a center-left progressive. (Pardon my French)

Comment

And Bush and his master, Dick Chenym the chickenhawk, doesn't count?

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                        And Bush and his master, Dick Chenym the chickenhawk, doesn't count?
                        Not in this instance; the subject was protesting idiots who get elected and gain power. Not the old fashioned idiots who just went to Yale and Harvard like the old man, and inherited the positions of power. Either way, I have no use for them.

Comment

Not in this instance; the subject was protesting idiots who get elected and gain power. Not the old fashioned idiots who just went to Yale and Harvard like the old man, and inherited the positions of power. Either way, I have no use for them.
                          very selective memory right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                            very selective memory right there.
                            Why, I wasn't complimentary of either brand? Like I said, I have no use for either flavor. Again, the topic was advanced that we should fear protester types being elected. I merely said that a bunch of such dickheads already had been elected. Bush and Chaney are different kinds of dickheads, but dickheads just the same.

Comment

Why, I wasn't complimentary of either brand? Like I said, I have no use for either flavor. Again, the topic was advanced that we should fear protester types being elected. I merely said that a bunch of such dickheads already had been elected. Bush and Chaney are different kinds of dickheads, but dickheads just the same.
                              My apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X