• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven killed in Florida hostage siege lasting hours

Seven killed in Florida hostage siege lasting hours

Seven killed in Florida hostage siege lasting hours
    27 July 2013 Last updated at 15:23 GMT

A gunman holding hostages in a building near Miami in the US state of Florida killed six people before being shot dead by police, officials say.

Officers stormed the block of flats in Hialeah, north of Miami, on Saturday morning after a stand-off lasting several hours.

Two hostages were freed unharmed, police said.

Five of the victims were found inside the complex - another man was killed while walking across a street outside.

Police said an argument had broken out between the couple who ran the building and the suspected gunman, who is thought to have been a tenant. The landlords were among those killed.

Police were called after shots were fired shortly before 18:30 local time (20:30 GMT) on Friday.

They found the gunman had barricaded himself in an apartment on the fifth floor, and taken two people hostage.

Police moved in after almost eight hours of negotiations, local media said.

"They made the decision to go in there and save and rescue the hostages," Sgt Eddie Rodriguez told the Associated Press.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

You have any special aspect on this story and why is this thread worthy?

I ask because the article was posted here: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ame...tml#post924753
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Oh, I didn't see, I just posted it because it was news.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

THIS is the perfect example of when SWAT would be appropriate. Not a dude with some pot plants.

Comment

Working...
        X