MLB PED suspensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB PED suspensions

ESPN reports that MLB Commissioner Bud Selig will suspend Ryan Braun (Brewers) and Alex Rodriguez (Yankees) plus up to 20 other players for up to 100 games. This is supposed to transpire shortly after the All-Star Game on Tuesday. The suspensions are in relation to the MLB investigation of Tony Bosch and the Biogenesis clinic in Miami. The pending suspensions are said to be a result of player refusals to cooperate in the investigation. Bosch has reportedly supplied MLB investigators with incriminating documents and e-mails.

The players union and many legal experts are of the opinion that the pending suspensions are a violation of the MLB/Union contract and due process.
    sigpic

If he's got documentation incriminating them, then toss the book at them. Give 'em the full 100 games, and make sure they can't begin next season either. Maybe it will encourage others to play the game fairly.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Ryan Braun suspended for rest of season
      July 23, 2013

ARLINGTON, TEXAS -- Ryan Braun was lying all along. Major League Baseball's investigators knew it. Commissioner Bud Selig knew it. Many of the players who supported Braun eventually came to know it. And now we know it too.

Braun admitted Monday that he cheated baseball, although being careful to not say he used performance-enhancing drugs. Yet let's be honest: You don't accept a 65-game ban unless you're dirty. Surely he was doping in 2011 when he was voted the National League's MVP. He followed that up with the best year of his career — a league-leading 41 homers and 112 RBI. Now, for all of those who wanted to give Braun the benefit of the doubt, we're the ones who look like dopes. The price for all of this is steep. He has been suspended for the remaining 65 games this season, forfeiting $3.85 million in salary, and will be shamed for as long as he plays. As part of the deal, Braun issued an apology in MLB's statement, but he did not specifically confess to doping. The case wasn't simple, but Braun wanted to end the fight, the person said. The Brewers, 41-56 entering Monday, have the second-worst record in the National League, and Braun has been battling injuries all season. Now, beginning next season, he can have a new start.

"I am not perfect. I realize now that I have made some mistakes," Braun said in the statement. "I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions. This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization. "Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed — all of the baseball fans, especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love."
      Source: USA Today

The Lance Armstrong of baseball. I think he got off lightly. Next on the doping agenda are Alex Rodriguez of the Yankees and Nelson Cruz of Texas.
      sigpic

Comment

This photo says it all.

Attached Files
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X