• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twinkies to Leverage Comeback Story

Twinkies to Leverage Comeback Story
    July 09, 2013

inShare55

It turns out that one of the main problems of the 2009 Woody Harrelson horror-comedy “Zombieland” has been averted. In the movie, Harrelson's character, Tallahassee, a gun-slinging survivor of a zombie apocalypse famously lamented, "Someday very soon, life's little Twinkie gauge is going to go empty."

Tallahassee spends much of “Zombieland” trying to find at least a single Twinkie that has survived the apocalypse. The movie has a happy ending; in a world filled with crazed, flesh-eating zombies, Tallahassee does find his Twinkies.

Like zombies, Twinkies are coming back from the dead. Maybe life does imitate art after all. The box will leverage consumers’ fervor about the threat to the icon’s demise by prominently including the message, “The Sweetest Comeback in History Ever.”

The product returns with a very different supply chain. The previous distribution system involved roughly 6,000 drivers delivering products to stores and placing them on shelves (i.e. DSD or Direct Store Delivery). The old distribution system included intricate rules that required drivers to deliver bread and cakes on separate trucks, which complicated the supply chain and increased costs. Those delivery routes also only serviced about one-third of convenience stores; leaving some consumers without easy access to their beloved snack.

In the future, the company will be using third-party drivers to deliver products through retailer distribution centers that are some of the most efficient consumer goods delivery networks. In addition, they expect to add more than a 100,000 distribution points by the end of the year.

As Tallahassee said, "This Twinkie thing, it ain't over yet."
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

I still don't get the appeal. I dont know, I guess there is something about a food that won't go back that sort of scares me. Probably why I also don't eat at McDonalds either!

Comment

There are quite a few reasons I pass on twinkies.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post

Tallahassee spends much of “Zombieland” trying to find at least a single Twinkie that has survived the apocalypse. The movie has a happy ending; in a world filled with crazed, flesh-eating zombies, Tallahassee does find his Twinkies.

Like zombies, Twinkies are coming back from the dead. Maybe life does imitate art after all. The box will leverage consumers’ fervor about the threat to the icon’s demise by prominently including the message, “The Sweetest Comeback in History Ever.”
        One of my favorite comedy/Horror films. But Tallahassee didn't look real hard for those Twinkies

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          There are quite a few reasons I pass on twinkies.
          If the chemical preservatives don't kill ya, the high sugar and cholesterol content eventually will.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya
            If the chemical preservatives don't kill ya, the high sugar and cholesterol content eventually will.
            And your point is ...

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              And your point is ...
              Most foods in the US are labeled with nutritional/ingredient information. Read it, and make the healthy choices.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                And your point is ...
                Twinkies is to food like septic tanks are to a good scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                  I don't even like the name. When I was younger I had a passion for cupcakes and Hostess cherry pies. The cherry pie turned vertical is how I learned to......never mind.;)

Comment

Working...
                  X