No announcement yet.

Russia to strike the DPRK directly????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia to strike the DPRK directly????

Check this article out...

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

In the wake of a claim by Russian military and political sources that North Korea is only five weeks from full nuclear capability, Moscow is preparing for the possible use of force against its neighbor, despite the Kremlin's often cozy diplomatic relationship with Pyonyang's Kim Jong-Il, according to a report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin intelligence newsletter.

Last week, North Korea agreed to multi-lateral talks with the U.S., China, Japan, South Korea and Russia to discuss its nuclear program. While Russia and China maintain relations with North Korea, both are wary of Pyongyang's potential for destabilizing the region. Kim's regime has threatened the U.S. and other nations with nuclear missiles.

"Information from Moscow shows that, while President Vladimir Putin is refraining from making dramatic statements about North Korea, other officials, normally at the level of deputy ministers and regional army commanders, reveals North Korea is only five weeks away from announcing her full nuclear capability," says the G2 Bulletin report.

Officials in Russia's Far East, based in the city of Vladivostok, were quoted last week as saying they believe the North Korean crisis could lead to military operations. Russia is also preparing to admit at least 200,000 North Korean refugees in the event of a crisis. Russian border guards have also stepped up patrols and built new observation posts along the 19-kilometer Russian-North Korean border.

"This corner of the world, traditionally far from the Western eye, is of great importance to Russia," says the G2 Bulletin report. "It is close to China, on her own way to become a global superpower, and an area where, during the Korean War of 1950 to 1953, the world was faced with the danger of a nuclear disaster."

Putin knows that, sooner or later, the North Korean issue will have to be solved with the use of force, says the report. Such a solution might be costly, especially to countries neighboring North Korea. One analyst wrote in a Russian paper: "We have to prove to the world, and especially to our Far East neighbors, we were and are a superpower." While Russia is slowly coming out of her economic difficulties, Moscow will not permit further deterioration of its military superiority in the east. Russia is modernizing its military forces across the board – but especially its navy.

"As the Russian navy is celebrating its nuclear submarine 50th anniversary, Moscow is openly displaying her determination to prove the race is not over and, out of the rusting former Soviet fleet, Russia is gradually re-emerging as a revived naval force for the first time since the collapse of the old Soviet Union," says the G2 Bulletin report.

Celebrating 50 years since the inauguration of its nuclear-submarine program, the Russian government is announcing the renewal of its aging submarine fleet.

The announcement, which came in the middle of large-scale naval maneuvers in the Baltic Sea, has attracted attention at NATO and among U.S. naval analysts, who regard the once-mighty Soviet fleet as not much more than a vast floating junkyard.

Lately, Russia is engaged in a project of upgrading and renewing parts of its strategic intercontinental-missile unit, including the development of new weapon systems and upgraded warheads. This project meets Russia's international commitments to arms-control agreements, especially START-1 Arms Reduction Treaty, which will leave Russia with 150 SS-19 missiles with 900 warheads. Additional agreements signed between President Bush and Putin require the U.S. and Russia to cut their nuclear arsenals by two-thirds by 2012. Clearly, Putin took an important decision by moving ahead with his new armament plans, aimed at keeping Russia in her traditional place as the No. 2 military power to the U.S. The Putin administration is doing this in the middle of a slow economic recovery and an overall plan of upgrading and changing Russia's armed forces. These plans include downsizing land forces and re-organization of all army, navy and air force units.

Another indication of Russia's intentions to remain in the forefront of military powers is a new intelligence satellite program indicating Russia's plans to close the technical gap with the U.S. This contains the introduction of new satellite models. According to Russian statements, published as recently as this month, the first such satellite was launched July 28, and the second, with similar specifications, is to be launched Aug. 12. Both are of the low-near-earth orbit class with a distance of 200 to 300 kilometers from earth. The first was launched from Baikonur in Kazakhstan, and the second will be launched from Plesetsk in the Arkhandal region. Western intelligence sources believe this program includes a new age of military satellites capable of being used also as test platforms for the weapons of tomorrow, such as advanced laser technology and better jamming capabilities.

The Russian initiative is being carried out while Moscow struggles with economic problems, aware of the fact time is running out for Russia to keep her position as the No. 2 military power on the planet.

muhahaha, that would kick ass. :twisted:

Comment

geez, they convert to capitalism and try to drag everyone along with them :D .

Good luck Russia!

Comment

Two words:

NEUTRON BOMB
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Sometimes, the internet is a bad thing. There's no truth to this rumour whatsoever. Russian Far East div are still at peacetime status (25% of roll out strength) and the Russian army is still tied down in Chechnya and 22 regts are in Central Asia fighting against Muslim extremists including two regts facing Afghanistan.

Canuckian

Comment

Thanx Canuckian. I'm not surprised you have the dirt on this.

Would still be really fun to watch though. ;)

Comment

if they do, what kind of message wud they send to China?? :roll:
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Pretty much akin to saying "Blow me", LOL.

Comment

I am very shocked! But with North Korea..it is such a big and complex problem.

If we pushed for Pyongyang, we wouldn't get the people running around the streets taking down his statues or protesting, despite Kim Jong ll's suffering that he brought to his people they still love the guy.

If we ever did go to war we will face a lot of hurdles but of course I am confident our boys could get the job done, but with heavy losses. Over 1.2 million, having the 5th largest military force in the world, and the worlds 4th largest ground force wouldn't be a walk in the park.

With lessons learnt from Iraqi Freedom I believe we could take North Korea in far less numbers than the Pentagon estimates. The current ORBAT is around 600,000 soldiers....from power from the air and navy with continous bombings like the first Gulf War I think we could get the job done. Pound the piss out of them, target their air defenses, c3l, blah n blah, and I think we would launch a massive aerial bombardmant on their army divisions, and weaken their military divisions, then send in the boys to clean up.

Of course we would need a lot of soldiers to run North Korea. None the less it would be very complicated.

I think if we did goto war, we would do it Desert Storm style. Wipe out their military infastructure and concentrate our firepower on Army units.

Comment

The heavy losses would be suffered by the people of Seoul.

Comment

In a way it would be nice if we could just make N. Korea a smoking hole in the ground.... or a glow in the dark glass parking lot.....
                      Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

We should be capable of tracking down North Korean artillery peices in and around the mountains that threanten Seoul, it would be tricky none the less but I am assuming we can since we have new generation recconssiance systems.

Although I am against civilians deaths, its better to lose 4,000 people than lose 40,000. Sacrifices need to be made, and I dont think talking with Kim Jong ll is going to be effective. What's going to stop him from selling Nuclear technology, or secretly keeping his Nuclear program going? The man plays by his own rules.

Comment

Unbelievable,

4000 lives as if they're chess pieces. Just out of curiosity, how many dead bodies have you seen? I wouldn't ask if they're butchered or not.

Kid, I saw two bodies of two teenage girls who were raped and then burnt alive. When we found them, their bodies were still hot enough to melt the body bags.

I saw six babies being eatened by dogs.

I saw bodies getting their splattered by snipers because they couldn't cross the street fast enough.

Now, where do you get the gall to casually dismiss 4000 lives?

Comment

I believe it's called youthful bliss Canuckian.

I can't speak for you, but i was the same way before i joined.

It was only after clearing a block of houses in Panama city and finding murdered families in every one of em that i got a true perspective of the reality of war. Those things really stay with you, and change your outlook on such matters.

I'm sure you'd agree that until you see something like that, it's hard to really understand what happens once the live ammo is broken out.

BTW BUFF, it would be nigh impossible to stop those DPRK guns from leveling Seoul. We'd get most of em....afterwards.

Comment

If it did come to war, does anybody think it would be necessary to use neutron bombs against NK military positions?
                              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                              X