X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Refueling Plane Crashes In Kyrgyzstan

American Refueling Plane Crashes In Kyrgyzstan

Reports: American Refueling Plane Crashes In Kyrgyzstan : The Two-Way : NPR
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

RIP to the crew.

Comment

Present Arms.

Comment

Damn. 3 in 6 days.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

I only know of 2. This one and the Boeing 747. What is the third one?

Comment

NATO Plane with 4 service members in Southern Afghanistan - 4 dead
            Civilian cargo - 7 dead
            Refueling plane - 2 bodies found, reported crew of 3.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

What a bad week. I would not be surprised if there was a fleet wide grounding of planes and massive inspections not to mention the massive numbers of heads that will roll as a result of their investigations. Maintenance crews and their leaders & bosses must be filled with trepidation right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                What a bad week. I would not be surprised if there was a fleet wide grounding of planes and massive inspections not to mention the massive numbers of heads that will roll as a result of their investigations. Maintenance crews and their leaders & bosses must be filled with trepidation right now.
                Blademaster,

I would not guarantee that, mainly because the tanker fleet is stretched to meet global missions. And while aircraft deaths are horrible we tend to find the fault and fix it.

We don't go in for the scorched earth method when it comes to fixing propblems.

And lets not forget one was a civilian airframe.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X