X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taliban plan to kidnap Musharraf

Taliban plan to kidnap Musharraf
    April 26, 2013

ISLAMABAD: Intelligence agencies have warned that Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has made a comprehensive plan to kidnap former President Pervez Musharraf. The TTP has constituted different teams to succesfully execute its plan.
    Sources add, that intelligence agencies have issued an advisory in this regard, which says that TTP has hatched a plot to kidnap Pervez Musharraf with the help of local jihadi elements. Sources further add that an attempt would be made to kidnap Musharraf on way from the sub-jail to the court. The time and place this plot would be executed remains unknown. Intelligence agencies have, therefore, proposed ensuring Pervez Musharraf’s utmost protection and security.
    Source: ITN.com

I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible for anyone to completely grasp the inner workings of Pakistan.
    Last edited by Minskaya; 26 Apr 13,, 18:09. Reason: added link
    sigpic

Intelligence agencies have, therefore, proposed ensuring Pervez Musharraf’s utmost protection and security.
    Which means, Mushy cannot leave his house ever. For his "own protection".

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
      Which means, Mushy cannot leave his house ever. For his "own protection".
      Quite similar to what I was thinking. Indefinite 'protective custody'
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible for anyone to completely grasp the inner workings of Pakistan.
        No. Not remotely. That is why I was fascinated on another thread when someone was firmly convinced that Musharraf's military ties would keep him out of jail. There is no question involving the byzantine world of Pakistani politics that has just one answer. There are always a laundry list of possibilities. Bloody strange place.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post

welcome to another definition of "house arrest" :)
          Linkeden:
          http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
          http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Or, the Taliban could really be planning to kidnap him....

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
              Or, the Taliban could really be planning to kidnap him....
              He'd be one of the local aces in their own pack of cards

but I suspect that ISI is also wielding their own sword of damocles here....
              Linkeden:
              http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
              http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

I bet he is really regretting coming back to Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by brak View Post
                  I bet he is really regretting coming back to Pakistan.
                  The high price of delusion. He is getting a killer lesson in how things can change when you are out of town for a while.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Remember AQ khan? He was once a useful guy for the military but once the reports identified him as the man behind the clandestine proliferation ring, the PA put him under house arrest so that no one enquires or talks to him. He is still an asset for the PA but they don't want him to get into trouble by talking too much so they restrict access.

I think similarly, musharraf is still the guy the PA looks up to but they don't want him to get into trouble with the mob. In the end we have to ask the same old question: is pakistan a state with a army or an army with a state? My gut feels that the PA lets the political administration pretend that they run the state from time to time.

Comment

I think it is will be a rescue operation not a kidnap, with the deep ties Musharraf had with OBL and the Taliban command, it can never be a kidnap.
                      The Taliban is armed and funded by the ISI.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                        No. Not remotely. That is why I was fascinated on another thread when someone was firmly convinced that Musharraf's military ties would keep him out of jail. There is no question involving the byzantine world of Pakistani politics that has just one answer. There are always a laundry list of possibilities. Bloody strange place.
                        In South Asia it is pretty common for politicians and other assorted powerful folks to develop heart diseases, high blood pressure, terrorist threats to life and so on when the long arm of the law finally reaches them. This gives the army a chance to shut him out without civilian justice getting to him. Seems like a good plan for Mushy.
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

I had to scratch my head on that one. Musy's security detail can't keep him safe and yet Pakistani anti-Taliban bands make youtube videos out in the open.

Comment

I really doubt this could be possible

mean while a video officially released by TTP..and claim to have assigned a unit specially to target Musharaf

Comment

Working...
                            X