The Stupid, It Burns, 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stupid, It Burns, 2

Pop Tart gun, Josh Welch: School suspends 7-year-old for biting Pop Tart pastry into 'shape of gun'

Pop Tart gun, Josh Welch: School suspends 7-year-old for biting Pop Tart pastry into 'shape of gun'
    Posted: 03/04/2013 By: Wayne Harrison, thedenverchannel.com

BALTIMORE - A 7-year-old Maryland boy has been suspended from school after biting his breakfast pastry into a shape that his teacher thought looked like a gun.

Josh Welch, a second-grader at Park Elementary School in Baltimore, said he was trying to nibble his strawberry Pop Tart into a mountain.

"It was already a rectangle and I just kept on biting it and biting it and tore off the top and it kinda looked like a gun but it wasn't," Josh said. "All I was trying to do was turn it into a mountain but it didn't look like a mountain really and it turned out to be a gun kinda."

But when his teacher saw what he had done, the boy says she got "pretty mad" and he knew he was "in big trouble."

Josh's dad was called by the school and informed that his son had been suspended for two days.

"I asked if was any one was hurt, they said 'No'," B.J. Welch said. "I would almost call it insanity. I mean with all the potential issues that could be dealt with at school -- real threats, bullies, whatever the issue is. It's a pastry."

The school sent home a letter with every student informing parents that: "A student used food to make an inappropriate gesture."

Josh, who suffers from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and enjoys art classes, said that his actions were innocent, according to a report in the Daily Mail.
    I mean, seriously, what the hell is wrong with these morons?! Don't you think this is taking it just a LITTLE too far?!
    Last edited by bigross86; 07 Mar 13,, 14:05.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Attached Files
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

And that nasty Y looks like a catapult. I've always had my doubts about that letter.

Comment

I am kind of dumb when it comes to firearms. What size ammo does a Pop Tart use?
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

The school sent home a letter with every student informing parents that: "A student used food to make an inappropriate gesture."
          Inappropriate gesture? Hmmm. Methinks the teacher first thought it looked like something else, but didn't want to betray her own dirty thoughts, so yelled out "Gun!". :red:

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
            Inappropriate gesture? Hmmm. Methinks the teacher first thought it looked like something else, but didn't want to betray her own dirty thoughts, so yelled out "Gun!". :red:
            On entering boot camp, we were told to line up for 'short arm' inspection. Guess that makes it a gun.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                I am kind of dumb when it comes to firearms. What size ammo does a Pop Tart use?
                If you had a high power toaster, the TURBO 2000 of toasters you could launch pop tarts kinda like morter rounds, raining piping hot pop tarts down on your teacher from the back of the class. You could turn the toaster on it's side and launch pop tarts across the room too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
                  If you had a high power toaster, the TURBO 2000 of toasters you could launch pop tarts kinda like morter rounds, raining piping hot pop tarts down on your teacher from the back of the class. You could turn the toaster on it's side and launch pop tarts across the room too.
                  In which case, the shape of the pop tart doesn't matter much.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                    In which case, the shape of the pop tart doesn't matter much.
                    Oh the humanity! :slap: Save us all, protect us from pastry and its associated kitchen implements, :prevent a "global toaster race", start the filibuster ASAP! confu:
                    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

This could get serious. I applaud the school officials for acting swiftly to nip this toaster-arms race in the bud.

Comment

Stupid teacher, the pastry was bitten in the shape of a penis.:slap:

Comment

While this is retarded, I have seen some public school teachers trying to justify this by saying that if the involved teacher had not taken whatever she did, parents of other children would be breaking down the princi's door with accusations of failure to prevent mental trauma by the image of a gun.

If that is true, then it is even more retarded.
                          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Does anybody remember this song, came out in June, 2000?

SR-71 - Politically Correct

The lyrics are incredibly relevant, even today:

I don't mean to piss you off with things I might say
                            But when I try to shut my mouth they come out anyway
                            When I speak my mind, that's when we connect
                            But that's not politically correct

Your head's so filled with thought, you can't use your imagination
                            Like a sky so filled with stars, you can't find a constellation
                            And everyone's so sensitive to every bad vibration
                            We're so impressing while we're regressing

There's nothing I believe in more than my own insignificance
                            So why does everybody think that my words can make a difference
                            I just don't have time to think up every social consequence
                            I'll just keep on talking you keep applauding

I don't mean to piss you off with things I might say
                            But when I try to shut my mouth they come out anyway
                            If you spoke your mind you might feel more connected
                            But, until you get politically corrected

You lean a little to the left or the right but
                            You can only see what's on your side.
                            Look a little like a deer in the headlights
                            A little blind a little hypnotized.
                            So you conform with the best of intention
                            Change comes from inside.
                            After all that's what this country was founded on
                            Do nothing different just fall in line.

What happened to make us so afraid
                            You couldn't make a Mel Brooks movie today
                            I saw Blazing Saddles yesterday
                            It's so sad how true last bolded line is. Mel Brooks could not make Blazing Saddles today even if he tried. He himself said so:

If they did a remake of Blazing Saddles today, they would leave out the N-word. And then, you've got no movie. And I wouldn't have used it so much if I didn't have Richard Pryor with me on the set as one of my writers. And Cleavon Little [as Sheriff Bart] was great. Even though it was allowed, I kept asking Cleavon, "Is that all right there? Is that too much there? Am I pushing this?" and he'd say, "no, no, no, it's perfect there."
                            From what I remember, Blazing Saddles actually broke the record for most uses of the word "ni***r" in a film when it came out. It's a crying shame that people don't realize that sometimes some good political incorrectness is what you really need to lighten up, as long as it's done in good humor. I'm gonna make sure my kids see every single Mel Brooks movie there is.

Comment

I don't think these are stupid reactionary rules to baseless fears of fire arms- I think this is an actual coordinated effort to make the very word gun and any image of a gun into negative symbols in an effort to destroy the so-called "gun culture". A crude effort at brain washing if you will, similar to what was done with tobacco. If people see guns or talk of guns or images of guns as negative, attacks on ownership as well as owners will be more palatable. Already the lawsuits are coming out demanding lists of gun owners and license holders. We need to recognize these rules for what they really are: not some idiotic uniformed knee jerk reaction to recent shootings, but a clear minded intentional attack on the ownership of firearms in America and its aimed at the next generation.

Comment

Working...
                              X