My God, some boaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My God, some boaters

This just off Monterey coastline. WTF, going 65 miles (in a 29ft. boat!) out with two young children and no safety equipment of any kind. It is cold out there and so I don't hold out much hope for any of them. Poor kids...

Rescuers hunt for 4 missing boaters - SFGate

That's too far from land in a boat that size; my family and I used to go out past the Gate occasionally in a Cal 30 (that's an old 30' sailboat), but we always wore life jackets, and didn't ever lose sight of land. Even then it was hairy with the 8-10' swells breaking over the bow sometimes, and that was on a CALM day!
    Last edited by Stitch; 26 Feb 13,, 01:38.
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Isn't there some special Darwin award for those that not only takes themselves out of the gene pool but their next generation as well. What a sad story.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I thought the search was recalled off because the Coast Guard came to the conclusion it was an hoax.

Comment

Working...
        X