Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US fines Chinese firm for re-sales to Pakistan nuclear plant

US fines Chinese firm for re-sales to Pakistan nuclear plant | DAWN.COM

China Nuclear Industry Huaxing Construction Co. was charged with conspiring with the China subsidiary of the US company PPG Industries to deliver high-performance epoxy coatings to the Pakistan nuclear power plant without obtaining permission.

The Chashma II plant, under construction at the time the shipments were made, 2006-07, was on the US Treasury’s “Entity List” subjecting it to specific license requirements for exporting certain items to it.

PPG and its China subsidiary, PPG Paints Trading (Shanghai) Co, were already fined $3.75 million two years ago in the case.
    So the Chashma II is an improvised plant because the previous (I) wasn't fined by USA or USA simply missed it ?
    Last edited by ambidex; 04 Dec 12,, 07:57.

Lord almighty? Have we actually reached this point?

Paint is a restricted item?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      Lord almighty? Have we actually reached this point?

Paint is a restricted item?
      If Chinese are not making this epoxy coating and buying it from USA as a dual use article being a NTP member then why they will sell it to Pakistan.

If paint is not that important it means USA is not happy about this deal and it is the excuse in an absence of better one (in any case they are not happy). But if paint is so critical a technology then this Chasma II is an improvised plant not grandfathering of Sino-Pak nuclear deal.
      Last edited by ambidex; 04 Dec 12,, 08:09.

Comment

LOL, really? Chinese company?

On 2 January 2008, PPG acquired the SigmaKalon Group of companies from private investment firm Bain Capital,
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPG_Industries

China subsidiary of the US company PPG Industries

ambidex, before pointing fingers, maybe little more research on the background would be helpful
        Last edited by xinhui; 04 Dec 12,, 08:28.
        “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
          LOL, really? Chinese company?
          On 2 January 2008, PPG acquired the SigmaKalon Group of companies from private investment firm Bain Capital,
          PPG Industries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China subsidiary of the US company PPG Industries

ambidex, before pointing fingers, maybe little more research on the background would be helpful

Pointing fingers ?

And who are you to tell me not point fingers ? I do not need your dictation for the same. You are free to defend China but not tell me what to do.

People know who runs the show in China especially those who sell nuclear plants to Pakistan.

You are no better an authority than those who have penalized the Huaxing Construction Co. for their wrong doing, as it is, as mentioned in the article.

The company sold those dual use article to Pakistan in 2007-06 and rest of your quick google search about who bought who in 2008 is non of my concern, but twisting the facts.

Post a link so that posters know about CHINA NUCLEAR INDUSTRY HUAXING CONSTRUCTION CO.,LTD.. a Chinese company.
          Last edited by ambidex; 04 Dec 12,, 09:15.

Comment

errr. As I have posted, it is a subsidiary of a US company. it is even stated in your initial post. Just google where the PPG Industries company's HQ is located

The point here is not where the company HQ is.... it is secondary. Any for profit, private company, will sell you anything if they can get away or legal, or the profile outweighs the fine. That is the nature of capitalism.
            The point here is that is this an official government action, looking at the case, it is clearly not. Thus far it is the company that is being fined, not the Chinese government. And yet. you already made up your mind on the who is the evil. We don't need this type of finger pointing here.
            Last edited by xinhui; 04 Dec 12,, 10:08.
            “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
              As I have posted, it is a subsidiary of a US company. it is even stated in your initial post.
              This is what has been stated in my initial post.

China Nuclear Industry Huaxing Construction Co. conspired with China subsidiary of the US company PPG Industries.

Just google where the PPG Industries company's HQ is located
              All I need to know who has been fined and it is China Nuclear Industry Huaxing Construction Co. run by government of China.

The point here is not where the company HQ is.... it is secondary.
              Then don't ask me to google it.

The point here is that is this an official government action, looking at the case, it is clearly not.
              A government run company is fined located in China, what else can be more clearer than this.

And yet. you already made up your mind on the who is the evil. We don't need this type of finger pointing here.
              May be It was you who made his mind to ban otherwise there was nothing exceptionally bitter that hasn't been said about any other nation in whole length and breath of this forum, that you should take it personal telling a poster not to point fingers.

Company Profile>>CHINA NUCLEAR INDUSTRY HUA XING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY LIMITED£¡

This is the web site of company fined. (State owned)
              Last edited by ambidex; 04 Jan 13,, 14:45.

Comment

Working...
              X