Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP USS Missouri

Hi All,

Thought I would finally share some pics of my build of the Tamiya 1:350 Missouri. There is some limited use of PE and metal barrels but am still very new to model building. This is my second ship first is WIP CVN-65. There are are few errors due to my haste but it is all a learning curve. Started this in August 2012.

Regards
    AllanP
    Attached Files

Nice.

Are you sure you have the right scale (1:350)?

I ask you this, because the one in the same scale here looks bigger to me.

A lot of tips there for you as a beginner.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Hi Doktor,

Definately 1:350, it is probably just the way the photo's are being taken, Have visited Builders thread on many occasions to see how he did things.

Comment

That is a nice model (good job on building it too), I've always liked Tayima kits, even with out photo-etch, they can still be a good looking model.
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

USS Wisconsin,

Thanks, I too like the Tamiya kits and have certainly learn't a lot building this one, Have just got the New Jersey in the same scale and am awaiting the pontos upgrade kit as it has all the veteran model parts I would like to use on it, hopefully will improve on this one knowing now where I went awry with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanP View Post
            Hi Doktor,

Definately 1:350, it is probably just the way the photo's are being taken, Have visited Builders thread on many occasions to see how he did things.
            Hi Allan,

I thought the same, also Builder has a lot of detailed photos.

I am often skint on compliments Nice piece, hope you will put a more detailed work on your next model.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Woops, missed this thread.

For a second ship model you have done a very clean build. What else do you build, Planes or tanks?

Very nice looking.

Now for the serious question.

Is that a BUG I see on your bench?

DO you like it? Is it easy to use?

Comment

Hi Gun Grape,

Have tried a couple of different things, 1:35 UH-1D (completed but unpainted, CH 47D Lost interest when i broke the white metal landing gear, 1:25 prime mover not my scene will give it to the grandson one day to finish off, first ship was CVN-65 still very much a work in progress but am awaiting a kit to be made for the hangar deck complete with lighting kit so went on with the Missouri and have the 82 New Jersey in the wings along with an Arliegh burk and a Rueben james kits. So you could say that it is that ships that i like best, not bad coming from an Ex Army Engineer. With regards to the Bug i assume the PE folding tool. I so it is good it helps but only when the are minimum folds. Anyway that for the nice comments and will try and get some more photos up as it progresses.

Regards
                AllanP

Comment

Watch that Reuben James (OHP) kit.

It got the better of me. Bought 2 of them. To make both a long and a short hull. The plastic was very brittle. Fit wasn't very good. I have both about 45% completed. Now they are on the shelf of lost models.
                  Maybe one day I'll try to finish at least one of them.

Comment

A little more progress, have completed one of the catapults utilising some of the pe parts on the original, added the 5 inch guns and some more ladders.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What PE set are you using?

Comment

Hi Gun Grape,

Am using the Lion roar super detail up set, comes with the metal barrels, metal ships bells, heap of resin parts and tons of PE alot of which i will never use, just too small.

Comment

It's a nice clean build. On your next one you'll get more courageous and go with more PE. If you can, get yourself a "Hold-n-Fold" to handle PE bends. It really helps. It does take the modeling process up another notch.

Comment

Working...
                          X