PDA

View Full Version : Barrett 50 test (gun-haters, PUKE!)

2DREZQ
04 Oct 03,, 00:44
I'll be posting here in the next few days (and at another board) as we put a 50BMG semi-auto through it's paces. Digital pics as allowed.

My thanks to my buddy "doc S......" for his allowing us to play with one of his toys.

Prepare to be envious....

:sniper

Bill
04 Oct 03,, 04:18
Fill some 55 gal drums with water, and put em out at about 1000 yds.

Just like shooting beer cans at 25yds with a .22, you can really get the drums dancing. ;)

2DREZQ
05 Oct 03,, 14:11
I'd really like to get the video digitized. You should see me empty a magazine from the hip as fast as I can pull the trigger, then falling down 'cause I'm laughing so hard.

TopHatter
06 Oct 03,, 18:08
*Tophatter turns a lovely shade of 'green with envy' *

Bill
06 Oct 03,, 18:10
Y'know Drez, employing a heavy sniper rifle in such a fashion is bordering on sacrelidge. ;)

TopHatter
06 Oct 03,, 18:29
What, you mean going rock n roll with a Barrett like that? :sniper :LOL

2DREZQ
06 Oct 03,, 20:08
Originally posted by M21Sniper
Y'know Drez, employing a heavy sniper rifle in such a fashion is bordering on sacrelidge. ;)

Am I to be forgiven if I tell you we started out on Silhouette targets at 240 meters? (I know what he's going to say, but that is the length of the range.)

Forgive me if I tell you we ended the day putting every round from our .308's (Steyr Scout & Browning BLR) into it offhand, rapid fire, until I ran out of ammo.

How about if I show you the sample of 3/4 mild steel that we air-conditioned with APIT?

OK, how about if I post the pictures of my daughter (of 9mm fame) wearing her Speedo Bikini & holding the Barrett?
(Not in a million years! But, yes, we did get that on film.

:blush )

TopHatter
06 Oct 03,, 20:13
Awww...ummm....hey...yeah, that's a great idea. Your little pumpkin..Speedo...Barrett....hmmm....AW FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, JUST POST THE PICTURE!! :blush

Bill
06 Oct 03,, 23:12
Post em all dude. We want to see them. I mean we REALLY want to see them!

240 meters is actually a good range to practice immediate incapacitation shots. Like the eye socket for instance.... ;)

TopHatter
06 Oct 03,, 23:14
OK, theres 2 votes for "Aye"

2DREZQ
07 Oct 03,, 02:45
That's me. I wasn't a visible as the contrast in this pic makes me seem.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/86444/KORMandChuckwithBarrett003.jpg

2DREZQ
07 Oct 03,, 02:47
Care to argue with her?
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-1/86444/AliciaBarrett4.jpg

The t-shirt says "girl power"

2DREZQ
07 Oct 03,, 02:49
More soon...MUCH MORE. Speedo pics will be posted IF approved by her first. (Doc had to pay her to do them.)

TopHatter
07 Oct 03,, 02:58
Well, we got the girlie and the Barrett..but no Speedo. Whaaaaah! :cry

In all seriousness, I was thinking her approval would be good. After all, she might not want her...ahem, guns splashed all over the board for a bunch of firearms fanatics .
How old did you say she is? (Those poor boys won't know what hit them)

Bill
07 Oct 03,, 04:25
Just remind her it's for the entertainment of the troops.

We have a few active duty types that post here... ;)

LOL

TopHatter
07 Oct 03,, 15:21
Not for nothing, but what does her shirt say? "One Shot One Kill?"