Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EV vote predictions

Obama 318 Romney 220
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

So, I visited one of these prediction websites. According to the site, Obama has 198 strong Democrat votes and 61 likely Dem votes while Romney has 128 strong Republican votes and 78 likely Republican votes. This puts it at 259-206 in Obama's favor.

Now, If I'm reading this correctly, there are 6 real battleground states and 73 votes, states that are barely Democrat and which give Obama his push over 270: Nevada (6), Colorado (9), Iowa (6), Wisconsin (10), Virginia (13) and Florida (29).

So, assuming I'm reading this correctly, can we see the election narrowing down to these 6 states and the battle to win them over to the Romney side? If Obama wins any 2 of the above 6, he wins the elections, so Romney needs to take at least 5. Think he can pull it off?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Ben,

By you math, Obama needs only Florida.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Or Virginia, I forgot to mention those two...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          Or Virginia, I forgot to mention those two...
          VA is a 5 point gap. Romney had a disasterous week. You don't close gaps that way. Romney's path to victory means closing several 3 and 4 point gaps in a race with few undecideds
          ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Why another prediction thread? Use one of the other ones.

-dale

Comment

is there a thread just for ev vote predictions no comments just so we can track who had a good idea of the way things actually were
              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Looks like I was 14 off not that shabby
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
                  Looks like I was 14 off not that shabby
                  Indeed. What is the final count? 304-234?
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

looks like Obama wins fla and 332
                    ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

final count isn't out yet (currently at 303-206), but Obama is expected to win all the remainder. the final count will most likely be 332-206.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                      X