Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The law in the uk is a JOKE

NEWS RSS FEED
    Bexley father arrested after driving boy accused of shooting his son to police station

12:31pm Tuesday 28th August 2012 in News By Kelly Smale

Oliver Pettman
    A FATHER who drove a teenager to Bexleyheath police station for shooting his 12-year-old son with a BB gun was arrested and thrown in a cell for seven hours.

Stuart Pettman, of Bexley Village, was arrested on August 19 by four officers in front of his 14-year-old daughter and had his fingerprints, photos and DNA taken.

The 43-year-old was trying to get justice for his son Oliver who had been shot with a BB gun the day before after being confronted by a group of youths in Bexley's Golden Acre Park.

Mr Pettman told News Shopper: "One of them called Oliver racist.

"Oliver said he wasn't racist but the boy shot him in the leg and asked 'did that hurt?'.

"When Oliver said no, he shot him in the back and asked 'did that hurt?'.

"He told Oliver to kiss his feet and when he refused he shot him point blank in the head."

After reporting the incident to police, the businessman decided to cheer up his son by taking him for a meal - but while driving through Bexley Village they spotted the youth who had shot Oliver.

Mr Pettman said: "I was very angry and grabbed him by his shirt and told him to get in the car and that I was taking him to the police station.

"I did shout because I wanted to shock him but shouting and swearing is not against the law."

During his interview the boy alleged Mr Pettman had assaulted him and had a hack saw blade with him - which turned out to be Mr Pettman's keys.

When Mr Pettman was asked to return to the station the following day to check his statement, he was arrested on suspicion of common assault and possession of an offensive weapon.

His wife was unable to take Oliver to a doctor's appointment as Mr Pettman was locked up for seven hours and officers searched their house.

Ads by Google
    £53 Flights to Alicante
    Return Flights Fr £53 For Alicante. Compare All Leading Airlines Now!
    www.dealchecker.co.uk/Alicante
    55/YO Mum Looks 35
    Mum Reveals Shocking Trick for Erasing Wrinkles! Doctors Hate Her
    RevitaSkincare.net/AntiAging
    Mr Pettman has decided to move his family to Singapore following the ordeal.

He said: "This is just typical of broken Britain and I have had enough.

"I work hard, I don’t break the law, I’m polite, I try to do the right thing all the time and they treated me like a criminal."

Oliver has been left suffering from nightmares, headaches and will not go out in public on his own.

Mr Pettman was released with no further action while two boys, aged 14 and 15, were both arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and possession of an imitation firearm.

They have both been bailed pending further inquiries.

A Met Police spokesman said: "The Metropolitan Police Service is committed to serving and protecting all sections of the public.

"This involves investigating allegations of crime in an impartial manner based on the facts which are known to us at the time.

The sheer douchbaggery of this shit is mind boggling!

Comment

Citizens arrest means fuck all now , the cops will ask for help and heres the fuckin thanks WANKERS

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        A FATHER who drove a teenager to Bexleyheath police station for shooting his 12-year-old son with a BB gun was arrested and thrown in a cell for seven hours.
        What happened to the shooter ?

Mr Pettman was released with no further action while two boys, aged 14 and 15, were both arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and possession of an imitation firearm.

They have both been bailed pending further inquiries.
        i wonder what will happen to those two lads :)

If this is what your 'law' does to the victim's father i wonder what it will do to the shooter.

If there were witnesses present to testify then they will go down. Otherwise the case will be thrown out.

I can just imagine the fake hyper ventilating reports if the latter ever happens but that is what usually happens to cases without sufficient evidence. Nothing earth shattering there.

I can only guess this is what transpired in Leiciester earlier this year when those Somali girls were let off without an assault charge but naturally to certain media outlets they were already guilty.

I've had enough of this media trial BS, its endemic in my country.

There is nothing wrong with your law in the contexts mentioned. Due dilligence is now considered a liability according to some media outlets (!)

Mr Pettman has decided to move his family to Singapore following the ordeal.

He said: "This is just typical of broken Britain and I have had enough.
        heh, i've heard this same useless sentiment in my country as well. And that is really what this article tries very hard to show. Pressing one's buttons and making fools out of them.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Aug 12,, 17:55.

Comment

The problem is the kids know they can't be touched and know every 'right' in the book. Even the police are hard pressed to charge them. We had a youngster who threatened two people with a machete and his punishment was to be sent to a Theme Park "to cool his heels"

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

If this is what your 'law' does to the victim's father i wonder what it will do to the shooter.
            Media trials suck big time,but IF what was written is true here's my 2 eurocents of what is going to happen to those guys:nothing at all.

See,they're part of a privileged class.They're ''youths'' and they can call others ''racists''.End of the story,they win.
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

It seems we need to ban BB guns in the UK. Also traditional keys should be replaced with electronic keys so they won't be used as an assault weapon.

Was the shooter by any chance an "Asian" youth?
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                The problem is the kids know they can't be touched and know every 'right' in the book. Even the police are hard pressed to charge them.
                If they were let off on bail then they were already charged. When's the hearing ?

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                IF what was written is true here's my 2 eurocents of what is going to happen to those guys:nothing at all.

See,they're part of a privileged class.They're ''youths'' and they can call others ''racists''.End of the story,they win.
                Course, lack of evidence is never the real reason is it :)

Originally posted by gunnut
                Was the shooter by any chance an "Asian" youth?
                That's my impression.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Aug 12,, 20:07.

Comment

There is no charge. They are on bail until the police search for evidence that they have commited an offence. As they were in a group of friends,and the police will question those friends who will have the "didn't see anyfing Gov'' reply ready I can see this case falling apart as we speak.;)

Comment

The Clash should record a new song. On the law.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

There is no charge. They are on bail until the police search for evidence that they have commited an offence. As they were in a group of friends,and the police will question those friends who will have the "didn't see anyfing Gov'' reply ready I can see this case falling apart as we speak.;)
                      ok, i can see that, butttttt..

in Bexley's Golden Acre Park.
                      Public park

The father made it a point to create as big a stink read publicity about it ;)

Everybody in Bexley knows about it now.

If they get witnesses then he's got a chance.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Aug 12,, 06:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        ok, i can see that, butttttt..

Public park

The father made it a point to create as big a stink read publicity about it ;)

Everybody in Bexley knows about it now.

If they get witnesses then he's got a chance.
                        I hope they do get a witness and some get sort of justice if the accusation is true. Getting a witness to stand up to a gang of local youths can be fraught with danger and revenge. If it did get to court they would give away their identity hence not many come forward. I think he has lost faith in the system and decided to uproot and move the family out of the UK.

Comment

I hope they do get a witness and some get sort of justice if the accusation is true. Getting a witness to stand up to a gang of local youths can be fraught with danger and revenge. If it did get to court they would give away their identity hence not many come forward.
                          They're a bunch of kids armed with a BB gun, not the local mafia.

I think he has lost faith in the system and decided to uproot and move the family out of the UK.
                          I don't buy that, he picked the other kid off the street and took him to the station. He's let the whole town know what happened.

This is not the sign of someone who is afraid of anything and quite frankly i see no reason for it.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Aug 12,, 10:42.

Comment

Armed with a BB gun , you dont quite grasp the paranoia in the uk methinks , kids cant play cowboys n indians no more for fear of arrest , their plastic guns look the real deal , the dickhead with JUST a BB gun could have had a 9mm , cos thats the next step for those fucktards m8 .

Comment

NEWS RSS FEED
                              Bexley father arrested after driving boy accused of shooting his son to police station

Mr Pettman said: "I was very angry and grabbed him by his shirt and told him to get in the car and that I was taking him to the police station.

"I did shout because I wanted to shock him but shouting and swearing is not against the law."

During his interview the boy alleged Mr Pettman had assaulted him and had a hack saw blade with him - which turned out to be Mr Pettman's keys.

When Mr Pettman was asked to return to the station the following day to check his statement, he was arrested on suspicion of common assault and possession of an offensive weapon.

His wife was unable to take Oliver to a doctor's appointment as Mr Pettman was locked up for seven hours and officers searched their house.
                              Where I live, the father would, rightly, be charged with False imprisonment/kidnapping and battery on a minor.

If it had been an adult, he would have faced the same charges.

I don't see why the father isn't pending charges.
                              Last edited by Gun Grape; 04 Sep 12,, 03:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X