PDA

View Full Version : Country of Origin

bigross86
27 Jul 12,, 20:39
I'm writing a paper for one of my courses analyzing the Turkish Flotilla thread, focusing on member nationality, seniority, perception of the flotilla and of Israel's actions, reactions, etc... It would really help me if someone from the staff would perhaps be able to tell me how many different countries are represented by our members, active or otherwise

Thankx for the help!

zraver
29 Jul 12,, 19:53
I'm writing a paper for one of my courses analyzing the Turkish Flotilla thread, focusing on member nationality, seniority, perception of the flotilla and of Israel's actions, reactions, etc... It would really help me if someone from the staff would perhaps be able to tell me how many different countries are represented by our members, active or otherwise

Thankx for the help!

Ben, not staff anymore but off of the top of my head.

US
UK
Australia
New Zealand
France
Germany
Serbia
Estonia
Finland
Georgia
Egypt
Russia
Turkey
China
Taiwan
Hong Kong
Canada
India
Pakistan
Israel
Greece
Italy
Maylasia
Singapore
Japan
South Korea
Ireland

kato
29 Jul 12,, 21:30
FYROM too.

chakos
30 Jul 12,, 13:00
Bit of a hairy question. Im born and raised Aussie but my background is Greek Cypriot.

Thats technically 3 baskets i fall into. Im sure a lot of members, especially from the ABCA countries would have much the same issue.

OOE for example, Canadian? Chinese? both?

Officer of Engineers
30 Jul 12,, 13:04
OOE for example, Canadian? Chinese? both?I'm Canadian.

chakos
30 Jul 12,, 13:07
OOE,

I know you consider yourself Canadian, i was merely using myself and yourself as an example. Is BR really asking for Ethnicity or Nationality?

bigross86
30 Jul 12,, 13:44
Where they live. The little flag by your avatar. Chakos, yours says Aussie, so as far as I'm concerned, you're an Aussie.

Officer of Engineers
30 Jul 12,, 15:32
I know you consider yourself Canadian, i was merely using myself and yourself as an example. Is BR really asking for Ethnicity or Nationality?I played hockey growing up, not ping pong.

Tronic
30 Jul 12,, 20:24
OOE,

I know you consider yourself Canadian, i was merely using myself and yourself as an example. Is BR really asking for Ethnicity or Nationality?

Nationality, since "Chinese" is not an ethnic group. ;)

bigross86
30 Jul 12,, 22:16
Namibia also, apparently...

Double Edge
01 Aug 12,, 00:38
The little flag by your avatar.
Funny thing about that, of late i don't seem them anymore, sometimes they appear otherwise not.

Figured there was some updates going on.

Deltacamelately
01 Aug 12,, 11:22
Add Gondwana Land too.
One of us comes from there as well.

tankie
01 Aug 12,, 11:40
I played hockey growing up, not ping pong.

How about beer pong :whome:

dave lukins
01 Aug 12,, 12:32
Add Gondwana Land too.
One of us comes from there as well.

I'd want to check that out with a birth certificate ;)

Deltacamelately
04 Aug 12,, 12:34
I'd want to check that out with a birth certificate ;)
You really sure? He sure has chewed many a Lieutentant and Captains, not sure about the rest.

Albany Rifles
22 Aug 12,, 20:19
I played hockey growing up, not ping pong.

But do you eat poutine and bannock?

Doktor
22 Aug 12,, 23:39
FYROM too.

For once I am glad we have this acronym.

bigross86
22 Aug 12,, 23:41
By the way, the paper I wrote analyzing the Turkish Flotilla thread got a 93 on the paper and a 93 final in the course.