• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terorist attack in Bulgaria

The attack just occurred, it's in all the media:

http://www.foxcrawl.com/2012/07/18/b...ort-of-burgas/

Israelis killed in Bulgaria terror attack, minister says - CNN.com

Seven dead and up to 30 injured reported so far.

gunfire was reported before the explosion which, it seems was triggered by a suicide bomber...

Rest in Peace for the all the victims
    Last edited by Dante; 18 Jul 12,, 19:57.

what gunfire???
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

The media here reported gunfire before the explosion, I don't know how accurate this is.
      a link in English Six dead in attack on Israelis in Bulgaria, Iran blamed - Yahoo! News Singapore

Comment

The official current version is that a bomb was packed with the luggage, which exploded.

The only one who blames Iran is Netanyahu - immediately after the explosion. Both Israeli and Bulgarian security agencies anticipated an attack of this type and gravity months ago already though, with Israel suspecting that Hisb'allah might start a campaign abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
          The official current version is that a bomb was packed with the luggage, which exploded.
          I find this more plausible than a suicide bomber.

Comment

The Bulgarian Vice PM said there is high possibility the bomb was planted in the luggage section of the bus.

The Bulgarian media also report that the flight was from Tel Aviv, was carried by Bulgarian company "Air Via", had 154 passenger of which 8 kids.

One of the dead is not Israeli citizen and that is the driver of the bus. He is Bulgarian and his name is Mustafa.

They also report that the airport is closed for the next 24h.

---

Further, they are analyzing what next. What is odd to me, noone mentions a single guess why Bulgaria.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Simply, because many Israeli go to Burgas and it is a highly attractive vacation spot that is in high demand. There were three busloads of Israelis, and first reports were that the injured and killed were teenagers and young adults that went as part of a group. This comes 2 days after a Lebanese man was arrested in Cyprus on charges that he was planning a terror attack against Israeli tourists there.

Israel has done a very good job of locking down terrorists and terrorist attacks in Israeli borders, which leads to two things: First of all, the terrorists choose to cower behind their human shields and launch rockets indiscriminately at the civilian populace since they are no longer able to attack innocents in person, and second of all, this leads to a shift in targeting to outside Israel's borders where security protecting Israelis is much less than what it would be in Israel, meaning it is easier to target Israelis.

The scum who perpetrated this attack, and I'm leaning heavily towards both Iran and Hezbollah, need to be eradicated from the face of this earth, and the sooner the better. Attempts against Israelis that were linked to Iran were recently uncovered all over the globe and it stands to reason that (a) Israel would not be able to uncover each attack in time, and that (b) due to (a), an attack against Israelis not within Israel's borders would eventually succeed.

In the meantime, I'm gonna sit here and hold my breath waiting for UN condemnation of the attack. It may come tomorrow (Thursday), at the request of Bulgaria's foreign minister, Nikolay Mladenov. Heaven forbid that the UN would condemn the attack by themselves. After all, it only happened 10:30 AM EST, and everyone knows that the UN is closed during those hours.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

God Bless.

Comment

What do these idiots gain by killing tourists?...senseless.
                  Last edited by lemontree; 19 Jul 12,, 06:01.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Just terrible. Innocent vacationers. RIP.
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                      What do these idiots gain by killing tourists?...senseless.
                      Before they were tourists they were Israelis, and that gives all the justification for their murders. Bulgarian authorities have video of a man that was seen scouting the area for approximately an hour before the blast, and was found with a fake US passport on his person, and are fairly certain this man was the suicide bomber. Earlier reports of a luggage bomb were apparently false.
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

terrible news. My thoughts are wiht the families. I'd like to think the perpetrators will be prosecuted, but I'm not that optimistic.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

My condolences to the affected families. Pray they find the strength to overcome such a great loss.
                          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                            Before they were tourists they were Israelis, and that gives all the justification for their murders. Bulgarian authorities have video of a man that was seen scouting the area for approximately an hour before the blast, and was found with a fake US passport on his person, and are fairly certain this man was the suicide bomber. Earlier reports of a luggage bomb were apparently false.
                            The Bulgarian airport security to me seems to be sloppy on this one. They found the man with fake ID's, but never detained him. Now they seek info on who was the man.

Even more they say: "We never got warnings from Israel or elsewhere, so it was impossible to stop this"

I am curious what exactly will Netanyahu do, even if it proves it was Iran behind this.

Interesting analysis from Haaretz: Netanyahu wants to turn the Israeli intelligence failure over Bulgaria into an excuse to strike Iran - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Seems like it was indeed a suicide bomber. The man with 'fake ids' that the Bulgarians came across was the one.

Not that's some security....

'Bulgaria attack work of suicide bomber ... JPost - International
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Working...
                              X