daisy 853c air rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daisy 853c air rifle

I'm in the royal canadian army cadets and since i'm in the shooting team, I have a daisy 853C cadet issue rifle in my possesion. I was wondering if it was legal or illegal to practice firing it in public or my back yard. I live in a single-house neighborhood.

Originally posted by huh_what
    I'm in the royal canadian army cadets and since i'm in the shooting team, I have a daisy 853C cadet issue rifle in my possesion. I was wondering if it was legal or illegal to practice firing it in public or my back yard. I live in a single-house neighborhood.
    Best bet would be to check with the local police. If you can't shoot in your yard, I'm sure that they would direct you to a location where you could legally & safetly shoot.

Comment

In Crystal Lake, it's illegal to shoot anything gas powered or anything that shoots more than 300 fps. I've got a Gamo rifle that shoots 650 fps, and I shoot it all the time in my backyard. And that thing's loud for a pellet gun, but I've never gotten stopped by the cops, even when they pass right past my residence.

As long as you don't make a nusiance (sp?), go ahead and shoot all you want. The cops wont arrest you if you haven't done any damage; but be sure to be VERY careful when shooting, that you don't hurt anything or anyone else.

Also, if you live outside of city limits, local laws don't apply to you - you can shoot a firearm if you want.

Comment

My advice is to shoot at the range and under the observations of the range officer. If we hear ANYTHING (and reports by the cops will ALWAYS get back to regiment), you're off the team and your gun returned.

You're issued a responsibility, not a toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          You're issued a responsibility, not a toy.
          My brother and his friend and I learned that when we were young; even a Red Ryder isn't a toy; his friend shot a stop sign and broke a minivan window from ricochet.

Man, that was the worst two weeks of weeding of my life. Middle of summer in 95 degree weather, nonstop weeding for 5 hours.

Also, what I do sometimes is I set up an indoor shooting range for myself along the stairs to my basement; it's a good, safe, legal way of shooting your pellet gun. Just make sure to put several thick blankets behind your target, even if you have one of those targets with the pellet traps, if you want to keep your wall.

Comment

So it's legal to shoot inside the house.. oh btw, it shoots lead pellets and when fired, the lead mixes into the air. A bit toxic without proper air ventalation.

Comment

It's only a bit toxic if you shoot several billion pellets in one session. You won't need fans or anything, as long as you don't shoot a billion pellets. It's not that toxic, the lead only mixes with the air when you shoot pellets drenched in lead powder; only a few molecules at a time leaves the pellet in flight. Just make sure you wash your hands after shooting, and you'll be fine.

And why is it known only in the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm? Only in California? What if I bought a package of pellets in California, and inhaled them in Illinois?

Comment

Working...
              X