Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mormon community in the United States.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mormon community in the United States.

I was watching a program on BBC, called 'The Mormon Candidate(?) on the Mormon community, and Mr Mitt Romney. I saw a very impressive Native American(?) gentleman, who sang for and headed a Mormon choir, and I was immediately moved at how great he saw God to be. This man was seeing God as unspeakably great, and he was communicating this to his personality, and to others. I then saw how the Mormon community lived, and it struck me, that even for a man like me, not married once, it would not be difficult to find peace living among them. On a light side, looking at men who have many wives individually, it would not occur to me to get married at all. I find that perhaps, it is a community, which helps the United States. I hope Mr Mitt Romney remains happy as a human being, being a Mormon, for the rest of his life. I am certainly not convinced about how he would be as the president, but then, I was a strong McCain supporter, in India, when he stood against Obama for the Presidency, and now, I think Obama is an iconic President.
    When I see the Roman Catholic Church, with the Mormon Church, I see a slight difference in how the sons of God, perceive themselves. The Clergy of the Roman Catholic Church, are the most humble worshippers of God and Jesus. The Holy Pope, if you remember, washes the feet of the other Cardinals. The Mormon gentleman, was looking more at the greatness of God, and this was being communicated to himself, and to the others. I see absolute greatness in both the worshippers. I believe, the term 'Christianity', is a puzzlement, since we all believe in God, and Christ. I think, Christians should stop identifying themselves as 'Christians'. But, I am bound to remind myself, that there is no doubt that God exists, when I see such devotion. I am a Hindu.

The Morman's aren't Christian's per say, it is a different religion that considers Christ as one of many prophets, Joseph Smith is as important to them as Christ is. Also they don't normally practice polygamy anymore (only a few excommunicated sects, who are often more about the wives than the religion). Polygamy was outlawed in mainstream Mormanism in the 19th century. Morman is a 19th century religion, like Baihi. Morman is more like Islam than Christianity with its belief in prophets. There are many different Christian denominations, like Hindu has many different branches. Christian's consider Christ as the Son of God, he has no equals among men in their belief- though their interpertation of the details vary quite a bit. Some Christian denominations are very similar, like the Presbiterians and Methodists who agree on most things but have different ways of orgainizing their churches, some are very different - like the Fundementalists and the Catholics. I respect everyone's right to believe in God in their own way (including not at all), as long as they don't hurt others.
    Last edited by USSWisconsin; 07 Apr 12,, 07:42.
    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
    X