PDA

View Full Version : What if Russia, China, and the USA got together to solve global issues

Jim Ray
30 Mar 12,, 18:43
I havent seen one of these disscussions so I wanted to give the geniuses here a chance to tell me what they think about this because I have a mixed opinion about it
Alright so with the issues economically and mainly in the middle east, do you all think that political issues aside, a coalition between the USA, Russia, and China and their militaries could work to bring an end to many issues in the middle east and other areas and how if they could?:Dancing-Banana:

Red Team
30 Mar 12,, 18:57
The Russians and Chinese are currently the rivaling counterweights to the US's power, and would likely continue to stay that way, given the amount of cultural and ideological differences between the nations.

That much power concentrated into an alliance wouldn't be good for the world whatsoever. It would be akin to a 1900s-esque trust monopoly.

Officer of Engineers
30 Mar 12,, 19:01
It was called WWII.

Jim Ray
30 Mar 12,, 19:02
Well ya I understand all of that im simply asking theoretically if somehow it worked out, would it be able to solve the issues we face today? thanks for the input though

Parihaka
30 Mar 12,, 19:25
Well ya I understand all of that im simply asking theoretically if somehow it worked out, would it be able to solve the issues we face today? thanks for the input though

It did work out. It was called WWII

Jim Ray
30 Mar 12,, 19:38
I'm not talking WW2 I'm saying now with their current mutators and training and tactics and such

omon
30 Mar 12,, 19:44
I'm not talking WW2 I'm saying now with their current mutators and training and tactics and such
itworked back than for simple reason, all had the same, serious\enemy\threat.
to do the same today we need the same motivation, nothing less than global disasters of some sort, or alien invasion, cuz there is no way these 3 countries will work truly together for any other reason.

zraver
30 Mar 12,, 19:46

Ain't gonna happen. Russia has an open imperialist policy but a declining population, the US denies it does but it does and is in a trough not on a wave at the present time, and China simply expects that as the middle kingdom all the smaller nations will obey but isn't looking at its own internal cancer. The other biggie is the EU which is eating itself alive with austerity measures which is code for your rich German uncle thinks you overstepped yourself and if you want him to pay your light bill you'd better stop living like him.

USSWisconsin
30 Mar 12,, 20:07
I don't see it happening. There are too many problems in each of these three countries (four with EU), and the current mindset seems to be greed and looting. Expenisve, altruistic deeds don't seem consistant with whats been going on for the last decade. The ME has had nasty conflicts throughout history, and fixing it would need to start there I'm afraid - conquerors all seem to have met with the same fates.

Mihais
30 Mar 12,, 21:10
Z,Russia at least knows it has a problem and started solving it.There are already signs their demographic situation is improving.In some regions the trend slowed down,in others it stabilized and in some its even reversing to the upside.And I'm not talking of the cancerous regions in the south,but Slavic ones.

You on the other hand will have a problem with uncontrolled,uneducated and not very skilled migration.China still has over a billion people and most still know how to survive with a bowl of rice a day.

Yeah,I know,generalizations and prejudices.:cool:

Doktor
30 Mar 12,, 21:15
JR,

Add UK and France to the mix and you have got the UNSC.

Have I missed something?

zraver
30 Mar 12,, 21:16
Z,Russia at least knows it has a problem and started solving it.There are already signs their demographic situation is improving.In some regions the trend slowed down,in others it stabilized and in some its even reversing to the upside.And I'm not talking of the cancerous regions in the south,but Slavic ones.

You on the other hand will have a problem with uncontrolled,uneducated and not very skilled migration.China still has over a billion people and most still know how to survive with a bowl of rice a day.

Many of those people in China however may be able to live on a bowl of rice, but can they live without a wife or one who is only part time? Russia... stil has major problems in its imperialist outlook and class structure. The same problems that have forever kept Russia just outside the door of those considered civilized by the rest of the world East and West. For what ever reason Russia seems unable to be lead by someone who is not nekulturny.

Mihais
30 Mar 12,, 21:29
Tell ya something.Russia is good with kulturny leaders.I'd take a couple and so should you.Russia's strength has always been its diplomacy and in this area they run circles around you at times.

True they have problems,but at least they know about them and are starting to see progress.Also its economy is changing for the better,even if the crisis didn't helped i this regard.
Lack(or greed) of women has always been a major cause of wars in primitive societies.Chinese ugly,stupid,weak men won't have sex.The rest will beat the crap out of them if they try to and will also enjoy themselves doing it.

treber001
20 Apr 12,, 02:37
....perhaps, being the powerful countries they could make each nation unite. Not only to those three but to the entire state, if they could simply put everything in peaceful talk wars and killings won’t be present.

jennyisfun
26 Apr 12,, 09:52
i dont know if you have ever read or seen "Romance of the Three Kingdoms", it tells all. O(∩_∩)O~:red:

Doktor
26 Apr 12,, 09:57
i dont know if you have ever read or seen "Romance of the Three Kingdoms (http://www.new3k.com/files/[DW3K.COM]The_New_Three_Kingdoms_Ebook-Part1of6.pdf)", it tells all. O(∩_∩)O~:red:

I fixed it for you ;)

AdityaMookerjee
09 May 12,, 12:15
The main problem is that they are business rivals, and business partners. This is a strange situation, among dominant powers. The U. S. S. R., was not a business rival, nor a business partner, of the U. S.

RedDragon
18 May 12,, 15:01

"China still has over a billion people and most still know how to survive with a bowl of rice a day." That is not true. At least in the 21 century, average Chinese have a much better life than you think.

Doktor
18 May 12,, 15:26
"China still has over a billion people and most still know how to survive with a bowl of rice a day." That is not true. At least in the 21 century, average Chinese have a much better life than you think.

RedDragon,

If you knew Mihais better you'd know he doesn't think that's what most Chinese people get, but was merely exaggerating to prove a point ;)

Speaking of knowing each other better, care to introduce yourself?

You can do it here: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab-information-center/61571-introduction-thread-all-new-members.html

Also, you might wanna read http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab-information-center/2232-forum-guidelines-revised-03-13-11-a.html and
http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab-information-center/46580-completely-unoffical-wab-survival-guide.html.

Black Stone
05 Jul 12,, 19:50
It is impossibe for the three kingdoms to unite together. In fact, USA have the overwhelming advantage compared to the other two though a lot of Americans don't think so. It is meaningless for USA to cooperate with the other two if they dont make trouble. Is is true that USA plays a dominant role throughout the world today. Of course, I couldn't feel happy for the fact as a Chinese. But true is true.

Alsop
01 Feb 13,, 03:01
That would not work. Why? Too much power. it would solve middle east issues if by solve you mean annihalate.

zraver
01 Feb 13,, 03:18

China is in a gilded age when the industrialist and political class live like kings. Outside of the ruling classes the majority lives either with cell phones and smog, or in rural low tech areas. The average wage in Beijing (highest pay in the country) is $730 USD a month/ $8760USD year with no benefits and health ruining pollution. Gansu province is half that where a work on average makes $12 USD a day.

More than a bowl of rice per day, but not much more.

JAD_333
01 Feb 13,, 03:47
I havent seen one of these disscussions so I wanted to give the geniuses here a chance to tell me what they think about this because I have a mixed opinion about it
Alright so with the issues economically and mainly in the middle east, do you all think that political issues aside, a coalition between the USA, Russia, and China and their militaries could work to bring an end to many issues in the middle east and other areas and how if they could?:Dancing-Banana:

Let's turn the question around. What is it about these three countries that makes you entertain the idea that a joint intervention would solve the Middle East's problems?

Deltacamelately
07 Feb 13,, 11:14
Let's turn the question around. What is it about these three countries that makes you entertain the idea that a joint intervention would solve the Middle East's problems?
1. The Yanks are horny.
2. The Russkies are horny after Vodka.
3. The Chinese with or without Vodka ain't getting any women.

4. The ME gals are hot.:pop:

Doktor
07 Feb 13,, 11:28
1. The Yanks are horny.

How can you tell?

JAD_333
07 Feb 13,, 14:32
1. The Yanks are horny.

Finally, a coherent response to the question. Thank you.

gunnut
07 Feb 13,, 20:49
How can you tell?

Have you seen what they wear? It's like black fabric covering their entire bodies in hot summer sun. I'm surprised they don't suffer heat stroke.

Capacitator
07 Feb 13,, 22:13
You should read "The Grand Chessboard" It speaks about this relationship, between China and Russia, and how it presents a challenge to US hegemony on Eurasia. The United States is the only hyper-power in history outside of Eurasia. And in order for the US to sustain its position in the world as the preeminent global power it must prevent such an alliance (Russia, coupled with China and Iran) from occurring on that continent. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan are very complex, but I believe the Carter doctrine, and the reasons listed in Zbigniew Brzezinski's book played a major role in the reason for waging that war, to prevent a combination of nation-states on that continent from dominating or controlling the transit of the resources on Eurasia, mainly the resources in the Caspian Sea and the Persian gulf. Check out his book though. You can download the PDF online. Search for it on Google.

Doktor
07 Feb 13,, 22:24
Have you seen what they wear? It's like black fabric covering their entire bodies in hot summer sun. I'm surprised they don't suffer heat stroke.

I never understood how the black works on the dessert sun, but supposedly it protects from the sun.

igorfazlyev
08 Feb 13,, 01:42
That would be really funny as those three nations cause most global issues in the first place.
So them getting together to 'solve' global issues would probably be like that old joke about a programmer who's debugging a piece of software and every time he finds and fixes a bug he inadvertently creates two new bugs - clearly a case of medicine being worse than the disease it's supposed to cure.

Deltacamelately
08 Feb 13,, 08:24
How can you tell?
Very interested to get into the details, aren't you? ;)

Doktor
08 Feb 13,, 09:59
Very interested to get into the details, aren't you? ;)

Hoped you have some X-ray glasses or some other cool gadgets.

Officer of Engineers
09 Feb 13,, 03:27
Hoped you have some X-ray glasses or some other cool gadgets.Nah, what's wrong with the good old fashion feeling them up? I can say this because I'm divorced.