30 Years ago today RIP Belushi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Years ago today RIP Belushi

The 30th anniversary of John Belushi's death.

another one. looks like all the classic SNL skits age gone :(

Last edited by Gun Grape; 06 Mar 12,, 03:13.

Comment

Not just a comic talent, but also a musical one as well. Sad to see you leave us early, Jake.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Found 2 of my favorite
        http://www.veoh.com/watch/v16036274N...i+Delicatessen

This one was funny when it aired. But with him dying so young, its a bit creepy.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/97833/satu...-back-in-anger
        Last edited by Gun Grape; 06 Mar 12,, 03:23.

Comment

So what was your favorite bit of his as well as where were you when you heard he had died?

My favorite bit was his Samurai Hotel Clerk with Richard Pryor.....honorable mention is Cuban Acupuncture with Desi Arnez on SNL.

I was in my platoon CP when he I heard over AFN he had died.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Truly a comedic great. RIP
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Greatly missed. Love this track, not least because of the quality of the band. Steve Cropper, 'Duck' Dunn, Matt Murphy & a killer horn section. Belushi was a born front man.

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

With A Little Help From His Friends

Remarkable cover.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Three decades??!! Suddenly I feel old. Belushi was one of the best.
                  Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Three decades??!! Suddenly I feel old. Belushi was one of the best.

I know how you feel. If you ask the person in the street how long he's been dead I think very few would get near to 30 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X