Russian version of Rambo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian version of Rambo

I have not watched it yet but it seems to be about a Soviet commando and his missions in Southern Vietnam during Vietnam War.

Trailer on Youtube

Would be fun to watch

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

I'm confused just watching the trailer. U.S. troops, U.S. weapons, a Soviet soldier. It looks like he was inserted into a U.S. platoon in some fashion?

Comment

i don't see how it resambles rambo in any way.
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Always thought that Dulf Lundgren already been there done that.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Russian Rambo's got nothing on the Turkish Rambo. Just saying ;)

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
              i don't see how it resambles rambo in any way.
              Just few last scenes of the trailer, when he walks freely killing American and South Vietnamese soldiers, remind me of Rambo in Afghan and in Vietnam.

Comment

these... are just movies. i give you a real life rambo, or Rambro!

If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Until i see someone else killing a chopper, in more ways then John, Rambo is my ultimate warrior :)
                  Last edited by Doktor; 04 Feb 12,, 11:58.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

you´re just like ararat, can´t have a good word about your neighbours

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                      you´re just like ararat, can´t have a good word about your neighbours
                      Hmm...

Have I ever said something bad about my neighbors?
                      Last edited by Doktor; 04 Feb 12,, 12:37.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                        Hmm...

Have I ever said something bad about my neighbors?
                        ok, you are born to be mild then

ref. the rambo taking out helicopters,

(this might need a little (loose) translation - Stroibat * - last hope of russian army. instructions: hit (with shovel) the means of navigation and ammunition, hit the cockpit canopy, shovel gravel to air intakes,thus ruining the engine; hitting the aircraft with shovel will result in ruining the stealth coating

*stroibat - construction batallion-legendary formations, full of win
                        Inside the Soviet army today - Steve Zaloga, Ron Volstad - Google Books

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                          these... are just movies. i give you a real life rambo, or Rambro!

During the Serbian conflict too, the TV news had a lot of clips of men without their shirts an muscles on display. As the war carried on, the rambo's disappeared

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

stroibat was the worst part of soviet army, things that happened there make jail look like kindergarden.
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

I've got a Barbarossa documentary film where they interviewed some old Soviet soldiers. There were two that really impressed me - a woman officer who used to routinely execute Nazi's with her pistol (she interogated them and then took them out back, by herself, shot them dead and went back inside to have a cigarette), and a withered little old infantry man who said he liked killing Germans with his shovel - he claimed to have killed 19 of them with it (he sharpened the edge) - he mentioned it was quieter than using a rifle - but not too quiet... They had pictures of them when they were in WWII - the woman was quite attractive, and the man didn't look very big - but they were both very fierce. The Russian front seems to have been a hellish place for the Nazi's... with Soviet "demons" like these to stoke the fires with their bones.
                              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                              X