PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 2012

Albany Rifles
01 Feb 12,, 17:03
Okay, it sobvious by my avatar who I am pulling for.

I see a 27 -24 Patriots win...but a reverse of that score would not surprise me, either.

My reasons for this?

I just don't think you can beat Bill Belichick twice in one season.

While the Patriots defense has had its issues this year, the return of Chung and Spikes have greatly improved the defense.

The defensive line for the Giants is absolutley ferocious...but the Patriots O line is playing the best it has in years. Also I think the Giants linebackers are going to have hell's own time trying to cover the Patriots receiving corps.

Okay, those are my thoughts.

I hope I am hungover and happy on Monday morning as opposed to hungover and miserable.

bigross86
01 Feb 12,, 18:00
I'm calling a Giants win, but a very close game, definitely not more than 6-7 points one way or the other. The Pats offense might have something to bring to the party, but with Osi, Tuck and Pierre-Paul pressuring Brady, Manningham, Nicks and Cruz playing the long game and with Bradshaw and Jacobs playing the running game, I honestly don't think the Pats defense is up to it.

Eli played a great season, probably his best so far, and he can play under pressure. I don't believe on clutch playing or the Super Bowl being any different than any other game. The game play is the same, there are just many more people watching. Brady is also great, but the 2011 Pats are not the same as the 2007 Pats, and he doesn't quite have the crew to give him all the support he needs and can get.

Either way, it's going to be a bloody great game, totally worth staying up for the 1:30AM kickoff time

Julie
02 Feb 12,, 14:22
Nothing personal AR, but I think the Giants will win because they have the better defense. The Patriots had the worst defense in the league last season, along with the Green Bay Packers. While the Giants were not statistically that much better, they do have a ferocious pass rush that the Patriots do not have.

Giants 41 Patriots 31

Just my opinion.

Zad Fnark
02 Feb 12,, 17:50
To be fair, I don't think Green Bay's defense lost the game vs NY.

In three trips to the end zone, NY was held to 6 points. GB's offence just couldn't get it going. The way the season played, GB would have been up 21-6 by then.

GB's defence would give up yards, but not necessarily the points.

Ed-

bigross86
02 Feb 12,, 22:48
Just got my express delivered Manning jersey. I'm ready for the Super Bowl!

Julie
03 Feb 12,, 01:09
To be fair, I don't think Green Bay's defense lost the game vs NY.

In three trips to the end zone, NY was held to 6 points. GB's offence just couldn't get it going. The way the season played, GB would have been up 21-6 by then.

GB's defence would give up yards, but not necessarily the points.

Ed-With that said, who do you think will win the Super Bowl, Giants or Patriots? Errmmm, Green Bay isn't playing. ;)

bigross86
03 Feb 12,, 01:33
Yup, cause we kicked their asses in Divisional!!!

Zad Fnark
03 Feb 12,, 13:38
With that said, who do you think will win the Super Bowl, Giants or Patriots? Errmmm, Green Bay isn't playing. ;)

Oh, the Giants.

I really don't like the Pats.

Ed-

Albany Rifles
03 Feb 12,, 14:34
Just got my express delivered Manning jersey. I'm ready for the Super Bowl!

Little old for that, aren't you?

Oh, wait, your a New York fan...that explains it.

bigross86
03 Feb 12,, 15:34
People in Israel aren't big on the football scene, so sometimes you need to bash them over the head with it until they understand. Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing support for your team!

Albany Rifles
03 Feb 12,, 19:15
Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing support for your team!

T shirt and/or hat is fine. Player jersey with name on it? Not once you leave high school!

Only thing worse is a pink jersey...ugh!

bigross86
03 Feb 12,, 19:17
I support the Mets and I have 2 Mets t-shirts and an Ike Davis jersey. I support the Giants and have a Giants t-shirt and a Manning jersey.

Besides, you changed your bloody avatar!!! Who are you to talk? :biggrin:

Albany Rifles
03 Feb 12,, 19:25
I support the Mets and I have 2 Mets t-shirts and an Ike Davis jersey. I support the Giants and have a Giants t-shirt and a Manning jersey.

Besides, you changed your bloody avatar!!! Who are you to talk? :biggrin:

Benny, just cause you do it doesn't make it right. And I restored to a previous avatar and said I return to Mr Orr once season ends...but what the hell does that have to do with a grown man wearing some others man's name on his back?!?!

bigross86
03 Feb 12,, 19:47
Maybe it's the different cultures. I've yet to be at a Super Bowl Sunday night here in Israel where the place wasn't packed with folks wearing Jerseys

Albany Rifles
03 Feb 12,, 20:15
Maybe it's the different cultures. I've yet to be at a Super Bowl Sunday night here in Israel where the place wasn't packed with folks wearing Jerseys

Dont disagree that it happens....just commenting on how a
person looks when they do it. It's cute on women....on men, not so much.

bonehead
03 Feb 12,, 22:36
Don't sweat it Benny. Patriot fans rarely show their support in public. Brown paper bags over their heads is more their style.

bigross86
04 Feb 12,, 00:27
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin:

Albany Rifles
04 Feb 12,, 03:00
1. Bonehead is obviously well named....and uses a plucked chicken as an avatar.

2. Benny, you use a pussy as your avatar. Enough said.

Not sure where Bonehead scrapes by his silly little life but Patriots fans are not overly concerned about having to wear faux jerseys. And we don't wear the bag over our head....we use it to carry all of the championship gear we have to haul around for the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins.

bonehead
04 Feb 12,, 04:01
1. Bonehead is obviously well named....and uses a plucked chicken as an avatar.

2. Benny, you use a pussy as your avatar. Enough said.

Not sure where Bonehead scrapes by his silly little life but Patriots fans are not overly concerned about having to wear faux jerseys. And we don't wear the bag over our head....we use it to carry all of the championship gear we have to haul around for the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins.

So instead of wearing the jersey you carry it around in a bag?

Doktor
04 Feb 12,, 08:41
:pop:

bigross86
04 Feb 12,, 09:59
Dude, Garfield rocks!

bonehead
04 Feb 12,, 20:16
Psst. Benny.....
AR has an Eli Manning jersey in his paper bag. That way after the game he can pull it out and wear it as a proud fan of the Superbowl winners.

Albany Rifles
05 Feb 12,, 17:49
Psst. Benny.....
AR has an Eli Manning jersey in his paper bag. That way after the game he can pull it out and wear it as a proud fan of the Superbowl winners.

Along with the dog shit I picked up...and the dog shit is complaining.

I don't wear other men's names on my back...you guys are welcome to that.

Don't ask, don't tell.

bigross86
05 Feb 12,, 18:03
Man, I am so looking forward to this game, it's going to be awesome. I've taken an extra 2.5 hour nap this morning, I'm leaving work early, and I don't start work until 2:00PM tomorrow afternoon. Sure, I've got finals to study for, but the finals can kiss me arse. It's the Super Bowl, baby!!!

bonehead
05 Feb 12,, 23:14
Man, those patriot fans are not right in the head. Carrying a bag of dog shit around everywhere they go.

bonehead
05 Feb 12,, 23:16
Seriously. I don't have a dog in this fight so all I am after is a good game. Its a Looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng time until next August when football picks up again.

Doktor
06 Feb 12,, 00:13
Man, those patriot fans are not right in the head. Carrying a bag of dog shit around everywhere they go.

You are provoking the said bag to start flying your way.

Seriously. I don't have a dog in this fight so all I am after is a good game. Its a Looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng time until next August when football picks up again.

So you don't have a bag full of dogshit either :tongue:

bonehead
06 Feb 12,, 01:10
You are provoking the said bag to start flying your way.

So you don't have a bag full of dogshit either :tongue:

LOL. Nothing like a little smack talk between football fans.

End of the first quarter 9-0 and Brady had to intentionally ground in his own end zone. Doesn't look good for AR and his bag o' shit.

bonehead
06 Feb 12,, 03:12
Beginning of the 4th. 17-15 Pats. Beginning of the fourth quarter begins. Giants had to call off the dogs to keep the score close and keep interest in the game by the viewers. Now let the real game begin...

bigross86
06 Feb 12,, 03:58
Giants win!!! Good night, everyone!

bonehead
06 Feb 12,, 04:03
Finally a close and hard fought game. Sorry AR, just wasn't meant to be. Releasing Tiquan Underwood the eve before the game made too much bad mojo. Giants 21-17.

bigross86
06 Feb 12,, 04:46
Great game! Giants win!!!

Good morning/night...

Albany Rifles
06 Feb 12,, 14:40
Congratulations to the Giants.

Well played.

Who had a worse day yesterday...Rex Ryan or Peyton Manning?

Oh well, back to Mr. Orr for the avatar.

Doktor
06 Feb 12,, 14:42
Congratulations to the Giants.

Well played.

Who had a worse day yesterday...Buddy Ryan or Peyton Manning?

Oh well, back to Mr. Orr for the avatar.

Safe bet, eh?

Julie
06 Feb 12,, 23:31
Nothing personal AR, but I think the Giants will win because they have the better defense. The Patriots had the worst defense in the league last season, along with the Green Bay Packers. While the Giants were not statistically that much better, they do have a ferocious pass rush that the Patriots do not have.

Giants 41 Patriots 31 Just my opinion.I was way off on the score, but the game ended as I predicted. :)

Giants had alot of injuries but still pulled out a win. Pats had a chance to win it in the end, but as usual, didn't.

Sorry AR. ;)

bonehead
08 Feb 12,, 02:42
Maria Menounos wears Giants bikini in Times Square after Patriots loss | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/maria-menounos-wears-giants-bikini-times-square-patriots-153333264.html)

Come on AR. A patriot loss does have a silver lining.