US Navy Rescues Iranian Dhow In Persian Gulf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Navy Rescues Iranian Dhow In Persian Gulf

Geeeez, this rescue thing is turning into a habit. Congress might start thinking about allocating separate budget for Iranian sailors rescue operation.

Posted Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 at 3:20 pm

U.S. naval forces aided a stranded Iranian fishing crew in the Persian Gulf Tuesday after the dhow's engine overheated.

The U.S. Navy says the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group responded at mid-day Tuesday to a distress call from a fishing boat carrying nine Iranian mariners.

U.S. naval engineers boarded the Iranian dhow to find a broken fan belt in the engine and a damaged propeller. Navy divers were flown in to fix the dhow, and the Iranian crew went on its way.

The commander of the Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group, Rear Admiral Mike Shoemaker, said his team of sailors includes engineers and divers who are prepared to respond to any engineering or medical emergencies.

This is the third U.S. rescue of Iranian fishermen this month. A U.S. warship rescued six Iranian mariners after their vessel broke down off the coast of Iraq two weeks ago. At the beginning of January, U.S. naval forces rescued 13 Iranian fishermen held by pirates in the north Arabian Sea.
    Link

Conspiracy time: Could this be a way of the Iranians measuring US responses and response times?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

More CT: US winning hearts and minds before inevitable* campaign against Iran.

*Disclaimer: Noone used The Word. Yet.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        Conspiracy time: Could this be a way of the Iranians measuring US responses and response times?
        If they have not figure it out after the 4th try, they will never will.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
          If they have not figure it out after the 4th try, they will never will.;)
          Repetitio Mater Studiorum Est.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Repetitio Mater Studiorum Est.
            Respected Doktor,

Usted está sentado en el conviniatly en la zona de confort. suerte que tienes. los miembros de mi familia temblar dormir todas las noches.
            de cualquier manera yo admiro su entrada bien pensado.

Kindest Regards,

Rasoul

Comment

Respected Doktor,

Usted está sentado en el conviniatly en la zona de confort. suerte que tienes. los miembros de mi familia temblar dormir todas las noches.
              de cualquier manera yo admiro su entrada bien pensado.

Kindest Regards,

Rasoul
              Aryajet,

Mine was Latin proverb, thanks to Google I understood your Spanish.

I have stated several times that I hope there wont be ground shaking in Persia. However, the moves of the current leadership of Iran doesn't make me feel good as I still remember how civilians fared in my former country.

Comment

Geeeez, this rescue thing is turning into a habit. Congress might start thinking about allocating separate budget for Iranian sailors rescue operation.
                lol...

There's a business opportunity in this somewhere. AAA of the seas?
                To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  Aryajet,

Mine was Latin proverb, thanks to Google I understood your Spanish.

I have stated several times that I hope there wont be ground shaking in Persia. However, the moves of the current leadership of Iran doesn't make me feel good as I still remember how civilians fared in my former country.
                  Dok, Sir.
                  There must be more than few reasons why so many luv u so much in this board. This one is to you and your heath. Chin Chin.

Comment

Dok, Sir.
                    There must be more than few reasons why so many luv u so much in this board. This one is to you and your heath. Chin Chin.
                    Arayajet,

One must be coz I love you all ;)

Chin Chin.

Comment

You guys wanna get a room?
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Why? The bar is perfect for drinks.

Comment

Working...
                        X