Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What`s the story behind this?

What`s up with this?

The Navy seals bas in San Diego, and can`t see how anybody missed it, so what is the story behind it?

From what I have read last year I think the Navy masked it. Never bothered to check if the google map image was real.

Besides, swastika is a symbol Nazis borrowed.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Yes I know it from India, but this was buildt in the -70´s, and would not have passed while being a blueprint, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
        Yes I know it from India, but this was buildt in the -70´s, and would not have passed while being a blueprint, right?
        May be it was a cross which got updated. Really no idea.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

It`s strange anyway, that`s way I was asking.

Comment

The Guardian article from 2007

Navy agrees to camouflage 'swastika' base | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Old news. This broke in 2007 and the Navy already redesigned it, IIRC
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Comment

There is a number of explanations that run from accidental to planned! If you notice the buildings to the south are suppose to resemble B-52's. Then again, all these aerial views were not out there when they were built!
                  Here is a bunch of info on it!
                  | Activist Challenges Second Government Subsidized Giant Swastika-Shaped Building Complex

Comment

From a utilitarian point of view, the swastika shape is a good one. It optimizes the use of the land and leaves areas of green as well.

In my high school library, there were dozens of study carrels that were swastika-shaped. Each section had a desk, and was shielded from the others by the vertical walls. Worked very well.

I doubt there's any symbolism going on here. From the ground, you'd be hard pressed to tell that the building looks like a swastika.

Comment

Pretty silly to worry about the shape of a building - its one thing to build a statue or symbol glorifying Nazi's and quite another to build a building in a practical layout. I doubt anyone was thinking glorify the Nazi's when they built that. What should we do? Tear down the building because someone with too much time on their hands is offended? - what if a turd curls around like that? - should we monitor toilets and punish anyone who laid it?

These "activists" need to get a life - join the skinheads, camp out in a park, make a pilgrimage to Mecca - get the hell out our lives... Maybe the SA's will give them 500 lashes and solve the problem.
                      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

When it comes to me, I was just curious.

Thanks for good info.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                          Pretty silly to worry about the shape of a building - its one thing to build a statue or symbol glorifying Nazi's and quite another to build a building in a practical layout. I doubt anyone was thinking glorify the Nazi's when they built that. What should we do? Tear down the building because someone with too much time on their hands is offended? - what if a turd curls around like that? - should we monitor toilets and punish anyone who laid it?

These "activists" need to get a life - join the skinheads, camp out in a park, make a pilgrimage to Mecca - get the hell out our lives... Maybe the SA's will give them 500 lashes and solve the problem.
                          After reading those stories, I have to be with you on this!
                          Like the US military is going to intentionally build a structure with that in mind! Sheesh, it is reminiscent of so many of these nuts we have to put up with these days! Like the occupy idiots! Let's restart the draft for anyone between the age of 18 and 32 that is unemployed for more than 6 months or living on the public dole!;)

Comment

The swastika is actually an ancient symbol, it has many meanings - good luck is one. They can be right handed or left handed - the Nazi sometimes used both, but normally the right handed one. On the right handed one the ends point clockwise. The left handed one is supposed to be good luck. I have heard they were used in ancient India - over a thousand years ago, though the context there is unclear to me.
                            My Grandmother once told me that a spiritiual teacher she knew saw the German symbol in the mid 1930's and commented they had it backwards - which meant bad luck... I suppose he was right. Still it seems to me sort of like making the color red illegal when we outlaw a symbol. Didn't Soviet "red" communisium kill lots of innocent people too? Racism and genoicde are not going to stop because we take a way a symbol.

Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            Last edited by USSWisconsin; 27 Jan 12,, 04:15.
                            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

On Plaoshnik (Ohrid) has been discovered the baptistery of the five aisle basilica with hooked crosses (swastikas) on the mosaic floors which date from the period between 4th and 6th century. It is assumed that this early Christian basilica at Plaoshnik upon which the Clement’s monastery was built in the 9th century, was dedicated to St. Paul, the apostle. In Lichnid (present day Ohrid), the apostle Paul preached Christianity in the 1st century A.D.

City of Ohrid is under UNESCO protection as world cultural heritage.

That church was fully rebulit with money from the Macedonian budget between 2000 and 2002, Noone ever bothered to raise the question if we worship Nazis, as we don't nor ever did.

Comment

Working...
                              X