PDA

View Full Version : 1/6th Scale Action Figures

Tanker
27 Nov 11,, 05:06

This is a Florida Deputy Sheriff I did.

USSWisconsin
27 Nov 11,, 05:32
Do you cast the figures? How do you get the face so realistic? I'd love to see a build thread to understand the process better.

Tanker
27 Nov 11,, 05:38
This sculpt is premade. There are guys that sculpt and do a really great job at it. I usaully buy theirs or buy from the shelf to do certain things. This guy was 2 sets taken apart and rebuilt. I originally had him in jeans and a t-shirt but then I watched Miami-Dade SWAT in tv one night and changed it out. I highlight the face with a little powder or some of the stuff my wife uses. Nothing major.

Here is some of my collection.

USSWisconsin
27 Nov 11,, 05:43
I really like the way you did the beard, very realistic, it could be a photo. Cool hobby, I was unaware of it.

Tanker
27 Nov 11,, 05:49
I really like the way you did the beard, very realistic, it could be a photo. Cool hobby, I was unaware of it.

We have a show every year in Atlanta called Joelanta. I am the contest coordinator. Last year Larry Hama ( GIJOE Comic book fame) was one of my judges. This year 2 actors from one of the Zombie TV shows are going to judge (I cannot remember who they were). I just highlighted the facial hair that was already there but it does look cool. I was joking around with the Resource officer at our school and I showed him the face and told him the guy was lurking around the school thought he was a parent but wasn't sure. Had him going then taped the guy to my window in my door...:cool: