Your Favorite Cigar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Cigar?

I like blonde Connecticut shade leaf wrapper churchills (mild, typically 7" x ~48/64").

What kind do you like?

Do you have any interesting cigar facts or observations?
    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

The only thing I smoke is shisha from my water pipe. Never touched a cigarette or cigar in my life and don't plan on it, either
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
      The only thing I smoke is shisha from my water pipe. Never touched a cigarette or cigar in my life and don't plan on it, either
      Good choice about cigarettes, I wish I had never tried them. Cigars are quite another thing, but I enjoy shisha too.

A couple general points that I have learned: longer cigars smoke cooler, fatter cigars are more flavorful (of course there are exceptions). Ring gage (cigar diameter) is given in 64th's of an inch...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/cig101_main.asp
      Last edited by USSWisconsin; 21 Nov 11,, 19:22.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.

Comment

MARK TWAIN ON CIGARS

My friends for some years now have remarked that I am an inveterate consumer of tobacco. That is true, but my habits with regard to tobacco have changed. I have no doubt that you will say, when I have explained to you what my present purpose is, that my taste has deteriorated, but I do not so regard it. Let me tell you briefly the history of my personal relation to tobacco. It began, I think, when I was a lad, and took the form of a quid, which I became expert in tucking under my tongue. Afterward I learned the delights of the pipe, and I suppose there was no other youngster of my age who could more deftly cut plug tobacco so as to make it available for pipe-smoking.

Well, time ran on, and there came a time when I was able to gratify one of my youthful ambitions -- I could buy the choicest Havana cigars without seriously interfering with my income. I smoked a good many, changing off from the Havana cigars to the pipe in the course of a day's smoking.

At last it occurred to me that something was lacking in the Havana cigar. It did not quite fulfill my youthful anticipations. I experimented. I bought what was called a seed-leaf cigar with a Connecticut wrapper. After a while I became satiated of these, and I searched for something else. The Pittsburgh stogy was recommended to me. It certainly had the merit of cheapness, if that be a merit in tobacco, and I experimented with the stogy. Then, once more, I changed off, so that I might acquire the subtler flavor of the Wheeling toby. Now that palled, and I looked around New York in the hope of finding cigars which would seem to most people vile, but which, I am sure, would be ambrosial to me. I couldn't find any. They put into my hands some of those little things that cost ten cents a box, but they are a delusion.

I said to a friend, "I want to know if you can direct me to an honest tobacco merchant who will tell me what is the worst cigar in the New York market, excepting those made for Chinese consumption -- I want real tobacco. If you will do this and I find the man is as good as his word, I will guarantee him a regular market for a fair amount of his cigars."

We found a tobacco dealer who would tell the truth -- who, if a cigar was bad, would boldly say so. He produced what he called the very worst cigars he had ever had in his shop. He let me experiment with one then and there. The test was satisfactory.

This was, after all, the real thing. I negotiated for a box of them and took them away with me, so that I might be sure of having them handy when I want them.

I discovered that the "worst cigars," so called, are the best for me, after all.

–excerpted from Mark Twain's Speeches, 1910

Comment

Monte Kristo #2.

It's one long uninterrupted orgasm.

I have sex for the cigar afterwards.....

Comment

Can you imagine lighting the water pipe and hitting the shisha right after sex? Jeez, that would be exhausting.

Go ahead Yellowbelly/Doktor, make the obligatory reference or joke about my sex life or lack thereof, you know you won't be able to let it go until you do...
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
              Monte Kristo #2.

It's one long uninterrupted orgasm.

I have sex for the cigar afterwards.....
              When are you planning on a second cigar ;)

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                I like blonde Connecticut shade leaf wrapper churchills (mild, typically 7" x ~48/64").

What kind do you like?

Do you have any interesting cigar facts or observations?
                Divine in hookas, glorious in a pipe
                When tipp'd with amber, mellow, rich, and ripe;...
                Yet thy true lovers more admire by far
                Thy naked beauties - give me a cigar!

~George Gordon, Lord Byron, The Island

Comment

My fav cigar , UNLIT ONES .

Comment

Go ahead Yellowbelly/Doktor, make the obligatory reference or joke about my sex life or lack thereof, you know you won't be able to let it go until you do...
                    Nah...no jokes about your sex life.

The farm animals need their privacy too.

Comment

You confuse me with Pari and TJ...

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                        When are you planning on a second cigar ;)
                        OK, Mr. Lukins, the kid gloves are off.

To think I took it easy on you on account you're tankie's friend and you needed a break.

Comment

You confuse me with Pari and TJ...

Well, now you're just insulting Pari and TJ....

Comment

They don't know what "austere" means so thy won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                              They don't know what "austere" means so thy won't be.
                              Benny!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X