PDA

View Full Version : New Administrator

Tarek Morgen
02 Nov 11,, 15:14
Since your current administrator prefers to waste his time with doctors and hospitals the power that be (= the staff) have decided that a second admin is needed. After we spend weeks weighing the qualification and characters of all staff members, looking for the most suited, we disregarded those things completely and simply drew straws... and here is the guy who lost:

Astralis

So please welcome your newest Overlord and feel free to call him Pinky from now on (sure he might ban you, or play with your account in revenge..but that is a risk I am willing to take).

Doktor
02 Nov 11,, 15:31
How do you draw straws online?

Hope the 2nd admin will manage to make Yello in pink and black stripes.

Good luck astralis.

snapper
02 Nov 11,, 15:39
Good luck Astralis and good choice.

Tarek Morgen
02 Nov 11,, 15:39
How do you draw straws online?

You Draw Straws- Randomly Make Group Decisions (http://www.youdrawstraws.com/what-is.cfm)

Doktor
02 Nov 11,, 15:50
You Draw Straws- Randomly Make Group Decisions (http://www.youdrawstraws.com/what-is.cfm)

Nothing is sacred anymore.

YellowFever
02 Nov 11,, 16:39
I submit an opinion that Astralis is not Admin material as his significant other is pretty and not a blood sucking vampiress.

Also, he is not sadistic enough and somtimes portrays an image of himself as having a real life.

Finally, the term, "Chinese American Admin" does not have the flair of, let's say,"Kraut Admin" or "Kiwi Admin".

bigross86
02 Nov 11,, 16:58
I submit a motion that in order to prove his worth as Admin, Astralis mess around with Yellow's account for a bit, just to make sure he knows how to use all the pretty new functions. All in favor?

USSWisconsin
02 Nov 11,, 17:13
Congratulations Astralis

astralis
02 Nov 11,, 17:19
ah, the true sign of the inmates taking over the asylum :biggrin:

BR,

but YF is already doing such a fine job complimenting his new Overlord...i may require appropriate, ahem, compensation to do such an act after he's been so nice and all...:)

bigross86
02 Nov 11,, 17:29
Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder. I think the staff may have erred in choosing their new admin...

astralis
02 Nov 11,, 17:33
BR,

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

that statement sounds so wrong, you oughta put that into your sig.

oh wait...:biggrin:

Dreadnought
02 Nov 11,, 17:36
Congrats Astralis!

BD1
02 Nov 11,, 18:14
congrats

bigross86
02 Nov 11,, 18:25
I'm proud to wear that sig line for the time being. I'll erase it when I get home from class later tonight

Parihaka
02 Nov 11,, 18:37
WOOT, congratulations Pinky (may I call you Pinky, it's so much easier then Astralasisian) damn fine choice

tankie
02 Nov 11,, 18:53
Freeze a jolly gud fella , congrats :tankie:

YellowFever
02 Nov 11,, 19:50
After a page of heart warming congrats and tearful jubilation, I have come to the conclusion that the only thing worth paying attention is the term "Pinky".

Pinky Admin will have to do until someone comes up with something better.

I was thinking something like the PMS (politically moderate scum) Admin but someone like Benny might take offense...

bigross86
02 Nov 11,, 20:01
Of course I've got a problem with the term PMS! The accepted vernacular is "Mad Cow Disease" :scared:

astralis
02 Nov 11,, 20:07
Mad Centrist Disease, you mean?

and if you think liberal = red commie, then perhaps pinky is a good description, LOL.

bigross86
02 Nov 11,, 20:09
Jeez, mocking this one is going to be a challenge...

Bigfella
02 Nov 11,, 21:47
Congrats Pink. Don't know where you find the time. (Australians create nicknames by adding a 'y' or dropping letters off the end. Since you already had a 'y'.... ;))

YellowFever
02 Nov 11,, 22:16
Jeez, mocking this one is going to be a challenge...

It's OK.

Once we get over the initial hump and figure out his weaknesses, it'll become a breeze...

Officer of Engineers
03 Nov 11,, 02:01
The Cardu is in the back corner shelf behind Tophatter's stash. Take a double. You're going to need it.

Dago
03 Nov 11,, 02:18
What happened to Tophatter and Ironduke!!

Anyways congrats!

Officer of Engineers
03 Nov 11,, 02:32
What happened to Tophatter and Ironduke!! Life ... in TH's case, that means a woman.

Doktor
03 Nov 11,, 02:34
I thought I saw Ironduke running the non-English club around here.

DOR
03 Nov 11,, 02:50
Good luck Astralis and good choice.

Amen.

S2
03 Nov 11,, 03:46
My condolences, sir. This motley crew may prove the undoing of an otherwise fine defense bureaucrat.

We shall pray not. Our nation's security might rest upon your continued good health. You need only view Tarek to see what might lie ahead.

Tarek, God bless you lad and here's hoping you overcome what ails you.

Bigfella
03 Nov 11,, 09:54
My condolences, sir. This motley crew may prove the undoing of an otherwise fine defense bureaucrat.

We shall pray not. Our nation's security might rest upon your continued good health. You need only view Tarek to see what might lie ahead.

Tarek, God bless you lad and here's hoping you overcome what ails you.

Amen to that.

cyppok
03 Nov 11,, 10:44
Congratulations! heh hopefully you will be the ban and fear of bots bothering this board...

dave lukins
03 Nov 11,, 13:12
Congratulations Astralis, may your hair remain firmly on top of your head and your screams of despair do not wake the neighbours. :biggrin:

astralis
03 Nov 11,, 14:20
dave,

may your hair remain firmly on top of your head

a bit more is disappearing every year, to be sure.

and your screams of despair do not wake the neighbours.

too late! :biggrin:

Albany Rifles
03 Nov 11,, 15:04
:wors::wors::wors::wors::wors:

And as Han Solo said to Luke Skywalker.....

"Great, kid! Don't get cocky!"

JAD_333
06 Nov 11,, 01:00
Asty, you'll do great. Congrats.:)

USSDD715~DD510~
29 Aug 14,, 21:15
I'm newly registered. I am puzzled. I see dates like 08 Nov or 03 March without the actual year and I have no idea whether the thread is this year's or from 8 years ago. Then when you post on an old thread, someone gets irritated.

TopHatter
29 Aug 14,, 21:55
I'm newly registered. I am puzzled. I see dates like 08 Nov or 03 March without the actual year and I have no idea whether the thread is this year's or from 8 years ago. Then when you post on an old thread, someone gets irritated.

You should be seeing dates and times, including the year. In this case, the last post was made by JAD_333 and the date/time stamp appears like this 05 Nov 11,, 19:00

The operative number here is "11" for 2011. Hope this helps. If you still have problems, please send me a Personal Message. Thanks.