Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruel and unusual punishment

My vote:
    Forget Guantanimo, forge the Gulags, the CHOGM 2011 opening that Australia made the Queen and various sundry Heads of State sit through was just plain EVIL.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Details? I always assume these sort of things are appalling. If the Queen wasn't turning up this wouldn't have much coverage here. A bunch of foreign looking folk all in one place only gets coverage if a crime is committed (they'll get blamed, even if they are the victim). There has been a small amount of coverage of Mr Rajapaksa's problems, but since the government isn't going to charge him wiht anything it goes under the category of 'Greens bluster'.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      Details? I always assume these sort of things are appalling. If the Queen wasn't turning up this wouldn't have much coverage here. A bunch of foreign looking folk all in one place only gets coverage if a crime is committed (they'll get blamed, even if they are the victim). There has been a small amount of coverage of Mr Rajapaksa's problems, but since the government isn't going to charge him wiht anything it goes under the category of 'Greens bluster'.
      It's indescribable. I had to watch it going through the media control room. I can only assume someone will post it on youtube and then I can share the pain. I think there was an 'Australia's got talent' contestant singing at some stage but by then my eyes had gone all bloodshot and clouded over.....

For some reason someone thought it a good idea to read the entire Australian national anthem at funereal pace.... Ah the pain!?!!....(*&*)&^(*&%&*($%%^$&^$%

To hell with all your help during Christchurch, I'm going to raise an army and come over there to give you all a damn good thrashing...
      Last edited by Parihaka; 28 Oct 11,, 05:03.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        It's indescribable. I had to watch it going through the media control room. I can only assume someone will post it on youtube and then I can share the pain. I think there was an 'Australia's got talent' contestant singing at some stage but by then my eyes had gone all bloodshot and clouded over.....
        That alone marks it out as unspeakable. We do have talent, but none of it shows up on 'reality' TV. I'm betting there was some sort of Aboriginal dance, swarms of kids looking too cutesy & a few horrors I can't even imagine. I'm actually going to ask the mods to specifically forbid the posting of youtube clips. Don't see why we should all suffer. In the meantime I recommend a short course of good scotch, followed by a longer course of cheap scotch (you won't care by then). if that fails you may require mind altering substances to flush it all out.
        sigpic

Comment

Saw a few snippets tonight. The person reciting the national anthem while it was being sung was one of the most truly horrible things of its type I have witnessed. The 'presentation' of each nation sucked too. I dread to think what the rest might have been like.
          sigpic

Comment

If it was painful to you guys, imagine the pain the Queen must have been in, yet probably smiled and appeared attentive throughout.

She has the iron will and focus of a professional athlete. God bless her.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
              If it was painful to you guys, imagine the pain the Queen must have been in, yet probably smiled and appeared attentive throughout.

She has the iron will and focus of a professional athlete. God bless her.
              Nah, the Queen could get through ten of these things in a row & still have the energy for a brisk walk. She was born into a life of service & had 16 years to prepare for being Queen. After almost 60 years on the throne she has seen so many of these interminable things that I suspect they rarely even register. In that respect she IS a trained athlete. The rest of us, however, are the equivalent of unfit slobs being thrown in to a marathon while the Queen is like one of those super-marathon freaks who can run from dawn till dusk on a bottle of water & a few bananas. It is truly we ordinary folk who suffer at such a moment.
              sigpic

Comment

Dya reckon WTF is engaging :pop:

Comment

Cruel and unusual punishment?

Skyping with tankie.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                    Cruel and unusual punishment?

Skyping with tankie.
                    And you'd know huh :slap:

Comment

Well, I don't know the feeling of having my nails ripped off one by one while getting my head squeezed in a vise...but it must suck.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                        Well, I don't know the feeling of having my nails ripped off one by one while getting my head squeezed in a vise...but it must suck.
                        Try it , you might like it

Comment

I was going to say somehing mean to you...but snapper might come in and rip my head off. :red:

Comment

All right you buggers, you asked for it. I can only find a mere snippet of the ceremony but it's more than enough.....

Leibniz

Comment

I thought it will be a mix from the Queen and something with sheep.
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                              X