Hey, does anybody remember...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, does anybody remember...

...waaaay back thar when I had a thread up titled 'Worse Than Carter'?

Well, it was taken down, presumably because it was 'provocative'. It was meant to be, and taking it down was a gross abuse of admin discretion. I think we can all see by now that it was prescient and it would have been a terrific reference point to look back on, now that Obama actually has proven by the course of events and his performance to be, BY FAR, WORSE. THAN. CARTER.

That bad admin decision was chiefly responsible for my own decision to post but rarely here, and I know multiple others that have stopped posting here as well, because if you can't have THAT post up, then, really, is this a respectable discussion forum at all?

It used to be.

B-man!

How's it hangin', ya big showgirl pincher?

-dale

Comment

Blues...how the hell are ya?

Yes, I remember that thread. Obama has far surpassed the suckiness that is Carter and is now approaching LBJ territory.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
        ...waaaay back thar when I had a thread up titled 'Worse Than Carter'?

Well, it was taken down, presumably because it was 'provocative'. It was meant to be, and taking it down was a gross abuse of admin discretion. I think we can all see by now that it was prescient and it would have been a terrific reference point to look back on, now that Obama actually has proven by the course of events and his performance to be, BY FAR, WORSE. THAN. CARTER.

That bad admin decision was chiefly responsible for my own decision to post but rarely here, and I know multiple others that have stopped posting here as well, because if you can't have THAT post up, then, really, is this a respectable discussion forum at all?

It used to be.
        I was neither Admin or Staff back then, but the thread is neither "taken down", nor deleted or closed. It can be found here:
        http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/int...carter-30.html

Comment

hey blues,

good to see ya back, and hope you post more (even though i still think you are dead wrong ).

weren't you over at beale before nellis? i dropped by the DCGS there a couple of months ago.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
            hey blues,

good to see ya back, and hope you post more (even though i still think you are dead wrong ).

weren't you over at beale before nellis? i dropped by the DCGS there a couple of months ago.
            Left August, 2010. But I'm back in the killin' bidness again. Creech this time, due to Capt Ole-What's-'er-Name getting orders to Nellis.

I'm a contractor again, small outfit called BlueForce LLC. We're sub to Alpha Omega, but the contract is up Nov 15th, so maybe we'll win prime. Either way, I'm working again after a year away from the 'war' thang, and I feel rested after maybe the hardest, toughest, most demanding and mentally taxing three years of my life.

This gig is a bit easier on the soul. I'm not the guy that decides who lives or dies anymore, just a shift lead analyst, flying the line. Somebody else has the 'Kill Terrorist' button, and that suits me just fine. I still have to do quality work, and I still feel the pressure to get it right, but I won't be the guy getting his rights read to him if there's a screw up. My last job, the one at Beale, was terrifying, for just that reason, and I had the sense that something bad was coming, on any given day, that a mistake was inevitable and there would be a story on Drudge and the New York Times that I'd killed a dozen orphans because I shot too fast, or a truckload of Marines got smoked because I was too slow.

Money is smaller, job security is non-existant, but my head is healthier. After the last job, that's what counts with this one.

And how's by YOU?

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
              B-man!

How's it hangin', ya big showgirl pincher?

-dale
              Full o' sass and mischief, my favorite foxhole-partner. Actin' da fool on The Strip and back 'n' forth to the Bay Area so it still looks like I'm a Man of Leisure, even though my new masters are slowly tightening my choke-chain. I reckon I'll be fully re-domesticated after I get my first full paycheck at the end of the month. After that, well, I may even act like a respectable responsible adult. If I remember how to say all the lines.

Comment

Great to have you back.
                To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

blues,

Left August, 2010. But I'm back in the killin' bidness again. Creech this time, due to Capt Ole-What's-'er-Name getting orders to Nellis.

I'm a contractor again, small outfit called BlueForce LLC. We're sub to Alpha Omega, but the contract is up Nov 15th, so maybe we'll win prime. Either way, I'm working again after a year away from the 'war' thang, and I feel rested after maybe the hardest, toughest, most demanding and mentally taxing three years of my life.

This gig is a bit easier on the soul. I'm not the guy that decides who lives or dies anymore, just a shift lead analyst, flying the line. Somebody else has the 'Kill Terrorist' button, and that suits me just fine. I still have to do quality work, and I still feel the pressure to get it right, but I won't be the guy getting his rights read to him if there's a screw up.

Money is smaller, job security is non-existant, but my head is healthier. After the last job, that's what counts with this one.
                  hey, good on ya. when i saw you went to creech, i was wondering how this constituted an improvement. i don't envy the life of the RPA guys; sitting in a tiny cramped box freezing your butt off making these kind of calls for hours on end...ugh. i had seen it on the Tee-Vee and reading about it; it's another thing when you actually get out there and see the operational guys working it. i visited the 9RW/1 RS/12 RS guys; every one of them looked like they needed more sleep.

And how's by YOU?
                  pretty good, man. still at the Pentagram, finishing up ACSC DL on the side. there's talk about kicking me upstairs to taiwan or further within the Pentagon, but if that doesn't come to fruition i'm hoping to get a chance to get out to Red Flag-Nellis.
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Blues...how the hell are ya?

Yes, I remember that thread. Obama has far surpassed the suckiness that is Carter and is now approaching LBJ territory.
                    I honestly believe, even with a historian's perspective, that Obama will be the title-holder for Worst President Ever. LBJ, Carter, and Buchanon are said to be relieved.

Comment

Hey, good to see you post again blues. :)
                      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

blues,

hey, good on ya. when i saw you went to creech, i was wondering how this constituted an improvement. i don't envy the life of the RPA guys; sitting in a tiny cramped box freezing your butt off making these kind of calls for hours on end...ugh. i had seen it on the Tee-Vee and reading about it; it's another thing when you actually get out there and see the operational guys working it. i visited the 9RW/1 RS/12 RS guys; every one of them looked like they needed more sleep.
                        Fine young Americans, and I'm glad to be alongside these warriors. I still do the 'mentor' deal for 'em, but I'm no longer formally 'leadership'. That has an up-side and a down-side, but it's a fair deal, so I won't stick my beak in if nobody asks me to.

The place itself is really spartan. It's like being deployed in Nevada. The 'base', such as it exists, is runway, tower, security forces and us Pred/Reaper crew. Purty good dining facility, a teeny shoppette/gas station, and a fine view of the mountains and desert. Other than that...drive to Vegas.

I'm happy with the arrangement. Beats the hell out of my life at Beale which had gotten intolerable. No amount of money is worth what I was being asked to give.
                        pretty good, man. still at the Pentagram, finishing up ACSC DL on the side. there's talk about kicking me upstairs to taiwan or further within the Pentagon, but if that doesn't come to fruition i'm hoping to get a chance to get out to Red Flag-Nellis.
                        Now, how cool would it be to share a steak and a fine bottle of red at Morton's? Tell your boss you're going to stand on his desk and cry until he gives you a TDY to Nellis. I can show you what's fun, and we can wreck your expense voucher together.

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                          Great to have you back.
                          Thanks, buddy. Good to see ya.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                            Hey, good to see you post again blues. :)
                            And good to see YOU, friend. Ya doin' good?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                              And good to see YOU, friend. Ya doin' good?
                              Yeah, I'm muddlin' along in my usual haphazard fashion.

This place was starting to look like the democratic underground. I'm hoping you stick around for a while. ;)
                              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Working...
                              X