PDA

View Full Version : Censoring swear-words

Pages : [1] 2

Tarek Morgen
01 Oct 11,, 02:07
Currently the board-software automatically censors a list of insults and swear words. Some which in my opinion don't really need to be there like h00ters for example. As discussed here:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/world-affairs-board-pub/61443-h00ters-lawsuit-claims-rival-restaurant-stole-trade-secrets.html

some are even in favour of getting rid of the whole list since it is rather easy to bypass it and we are all adults here. Well most of us...most of the time. While I tend to agree with that standpoint there are apparently cultures where a lot of people find such words very offensive and a danger to the public.

So what is the view of the WAB community? Remove some words. All words? Or even increase the list? I would like to gather some feedback of what you all think about this...and then dismiss it and simply do what I want.

Double Edge
01 Oct 11,, 02:13
H00ters isn't a swear word for one.

Swear words usually tend to have an abrupt ending phonetically speaking. I believe this is how you can tell when they swear at you in foreign languages too.

I think this is take it on a word by word basis. Nouns may be safer than verbs which are in turn safer than adjectives.

USSWisconsin
01 Oct 11,, 02:37
I don't see h00ters as a swear word - perhaps impolite - like fart or butt ...
For the most part I don't think the list needs to change much, IMHO it is ok the way it is, swearing rarely improves a discussion and it can be "hidden" with clever lettering if it is really wanted in a post and adds needed emotion or emphasis. I don't think more of it would be a good thing, but it seems silly to be oversensitive to it if it happens occasionally.

Dago
01 Oct 11,, 02:46
I am actually for a list. Even though some words get mixed up that aren't supposed to be there like h00ters. If that's the case, all you have to do is re-edit your post, and change it to an appropriate word. IMHO, that would be better then actually reading other obscene words. Although up until now, I do not think much of WAB use said words. I for one though, would think if said words did became excessive, it would ruin the quality of discussion. After all what thought goes into F this. That is "S"..etc etc. It's not that it's offensive, which others may be, it's just that it isn't provoking thought, effort, and degrades it.

I am for the list as it stands. It would be good if it could be modified, and some words taken out. If not, then I am still for the filter.

YellowFever
01 Oct 11,, 04:12
Right about now, I'd love to get rid of the word "minion"......

Repatriated Canuck
01 Oct 11,, 05:55
We're adults here who cares if someone swears. As long as it's not used to insult members which we know is against the rules anyway.

The swear filter is a bit ****ed anyway.

Bigfella
01 Oct 11,, 06:10
Scrap the filters but make it clear that adult behaviour is expected (we already sorta do that anyway). If people are getting to the point of being offensive warn them. Censoring software, especially US-based versions, usually veer heavily toward silly. They add little to adult discussion boards.

Tarek Morgen
01 Oct 11,, 06:19
maybe I should clarify that the way the censor works we can decide exactly which words are on the list and which not. Also if certain words are removed from the list does not mean that is acceptable to use them to insult others.

S2
01 Oct 11,, 06:20
FREE the vulgarity, man!

Bigfella
01 Oct 11,, 06:26
maybe I should clarify that the way the censor works we can decide exactly which words are on the list and which not. Also if certain words are removed from the list does not mean that is acceptable to use them to insult others.

Cool. I can think of maybe one or two words to put on the list. I suspect most of us would agree on what those are.

S2
01 Oct 11,, 06:30
Stop this. Lenny Bruce and George Carlin object. It's apparent to most when somebody is acting well below their age and intentionally being crass and crude. There are times, however, when these words are a legitimate expression of one's vehement anger and disgust (among other emotions) that are too-often otherwise difficult to convey through the printed word.

Doktor
01 Oct 11,, 07:58
I think we should remove the whole list and add auto-correct for the same words AND for the abbrevs :Dancing-Banana:

YellowFever
01 Oct 11,, 08:45
Just out of curiosity, how many words are filtered in this software the forum currently use?

Parihaka
01 Oct 11,, 09:02
Also if certain words are removed from the list does not mean that is acceptable to use them to insult others.

Thou beslubbering folly-fallen dewberry, Degenerate and base art thou,truly thou art a pipe for Fortune's finger to sound what stop she please.

Seems to be working for me....

Parihaka
01 Oct 11,, 09:07
Just out of curiosity, how many words are filtered in this software the forum currently use?

If your ****** was any further toward the ground your ***** would *** a new ****** ***** you *** ****** **** ****

Hmmm, seems to be quite a few

bigross86
01 Oct 11,, 09:36
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! Now go away or I will taunt you a second time!

Tarek Morgen
01 Oct 11,, 09:43

about 100, at least one third of them I had never seen before.

Mihais
01 Oct 11,, 09:50
Get rid of it.You'll **** anyone who's to eager to use them the wrong way anyway,because he's otherwise a banhammer material.Besides we already swear.Who's gonna write the whole expressions anyway?WTF,dude.

FJV
01 Oct 11,, 09:58
Censoring swear words can also go wrong.:whome::whome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQgB4424SIM

vsdoc
01 Oct 11,, 13:03
Teri maa ki **** mein haathi ka ****.

Apparently Indians and pakistanis can have a field day here (the stars were put in by me a few seconds later).

Doktor
01 Oct 11,, 13:06
Teri maa ki **** mein haathi ka ****.

Apparently Indians and pakistanis can have a field day here (the stars were put in by me a few seconds later).

Не e точно дека само они ќе се забавуваат.

vsdoc
01 Oct 11,, 13:08
Не e точно дека само они ќе се забавуваат.

I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. :biggrin:

Doktor
01 Oct 11,, 13:13
I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. :biggrin:

Mine is "It's not true they will be the only ones who will have fun"

vsdoc
01 Oct 11,, 13:15
Mine is "It's not true they will be the only ones who will have fun"

Mine relates to a pachyderm's appendage inserted into the insultee's mother's private parts.

Doktor
01 Oct 11,, 13:16
I think you can insult someone using the emoticons only. Hint: look what tankie is doing to yello :Dancing-Banana:

Laser
01 Oct 11,, 13:25
Seems to me, *******, is a word that was invented to replace another more offending word. So where do you stop?

I haven't seen the 'censored words list' but I can't imagine it being more than about 10 words (not including their foreign language equivilants).

Now spell check would be a nice feature to add. :)

Doktor
01 Oct 11,, 13:26
Now spell check would be a nice feature to add. :)[/QUOTE]
Isn't the spell-checker built in the browser?

There should be IQ check before every post :fish:

Laser
01 Oct 11,, 14:28
Now spell check would be a nice feature to add. :)

There should be IQ check before every post :fish:[/QUOTE]

See, you can insult people just fine without using swear words.:)

Spell check is not an available tool on Chrome. Apparently, only on IE and Firefox. Any suggestions?

Doktor
01 Oct 11,, 14:36

There should be IQ check before every post :fish:

See, you can insult people just fine without using swear words.

Spell check is not an available tool on Chrome. Apparently, only on IE and Firefox. Any suggestions?

What do you mean it's not on Google Chrome? I use Chrome and it has Spell Check.

From their help page

Adjust spell-checker settings

Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux).
Click the Under the Hood tab.
In the "Web Content" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" checkbox to turn the spell-checker on or off

I have no idea WTF happened with the quoting in that post :confused:

Laser
01 Oct 11,, 15:20
Thanks, Doc.

Turns out there are 2 English language settings, only one of them enables spell check.

YellowFever
01 Oct 11,, 18:55
Dick
**** you
Benny
Ass

.....Don't mind me...I'm just trying to figure out which bad words are banned and which isn't.

crooks
01 Oct 11,, 19:03
I'm definitely with the end it brigade - it's just pointless like. We all know what the words being used are, cussing is a perfectly acceptable form of communication in many instances where it's fully warranted and on top of that if you're worried about kids they'll tell you waaay worse than anything on the list. We ARE all adults so it should be a case of Amish style community shunning - if someone wants to make a fool out of themselves with curses let them, they reflect on themselves far worse than a filter. If I want to call you a D1ck you either are or aren't, but that's a valid discussion to be had......many of you are:biggrin:. Censorship is never the answer.

*Returns to puffing bong in the corner*.

USSWisconsin
01 Oct 11,, 19:34
I installed ieSpell on my browser (IE 8) and it has been pretty good.

Kommunist
01 Oct 11,, 19:43
I don't care as long as the word "Yello" isn't on the list.

YellowFever
01 Oct 11,, 19:49
Another ****ing filet mignon is born. :mad:

bigross86
01 Oct 11,, 20:17
Welcome, Kommie! You won't regret choosing to work with our firm!

Mihais
01 Oct 11,, 21:01
Kommie and ''your firm'' isn't a bit contradictory?

YellowFever
01 Oct 11,, 21:44
It's Benny.

What are you gonna do?

:shrug:

bigross86
01 Oct 11,, 23:04
I asked Kommie a while back, the screen name is not a reflection of political outlook

Mihais
01 Oct 11,, 23:12
Who cares about politics.It's all bussiness here.Bad publicity for your company,mate.Unless you work in the media,in which case you don't give a crap.

bigross86
01 Oct 11,, 23:14
"I don't care what they say about me, just make sure they spell my name right" - P.T. Barnum

Doktor
02 Oct 11,, 00:57
Who cares about politics.It's all bussiness here.Bad publicity for your company,mate.Unless you work in the media,in which case you don't give a crap.

The dental is great here. :Dancing-Banana:

Blue
02 Oct 11,, 05:52
Get rid of the filter. Issue vacations to gratuitous potty-posters.

Or I'll just have to take up swearing in Spanish.:cool:

bigross86
02 Oct 11,, 08:27
I can always curse in Hebrew, but the problem is you fellas won't know when you're being insulted...

Doktor
02 Oct 11,, 10:12
I can always curse in Hebrew, but the problem is you fellas won't know when you're being insulted...

That'd be easy, anytime we see Hebrew alphabet you will face a hammer :biggrin:

FJV
02 Oct 11,, 12:12
That'd be easy, anytime we see Hebrew alphabet you will face a hammer :biggrin:

A bunch of nebbish schmucks doing their shtick.:whome:

Tarek Morgen
02 Oct 11,, 12:16
uh that is yiddish, not hebrew and is usually quite easy to understand for anyone who speaks German.

Also most seem to agree with getting rid of the censor. Is there anyone left who wants to make a plea for keeping it?

snapper
02 Oct 11,, 14:12
Me! I approve of polite and civil discussion and not every other being four letters! I very rarely swear in real life and never when trying to argue a point, to which it is not an aid but a hindrance. I don't appreciate bad langauage... even when I ran a online game 'guild' I forbade it. In general it fosters a more respectful and civil discourse to keep bad langauge out.

bigross86
02 Oct 11,, 19:52
The members of WAB can moderate their language quite easily and efficiently. How much profanity do you see, and how much of that do you think is due to the censor? Case in point, when's the last time you saw someone here try and use the word h00ters? More importantly, when someone goes on a rant and types out "what the fcuk" or "what the fvck", do you think they're kidding anyone?

Let's be mature about this, we're all (mostly) big kids here

Tarek Morgen
03 Oct 11,, 15:57
After looking at the feedback most of the words have been removed from the filter, with a few exceptions (some of them spam related ). It is now possible to use words like Hooters or furburger without the filter kicking in. That said, this is not a free ticket to start throwing insults around (not even at Yellowbelly), and please don't start spamming swear words simply to find out which one are "freed". The Forum rules will still be enforced, and the whole thing is one a trial basis. If the results are not to our liking we'll simply reverse it.

bigross86
03 Oct 11,, 17:25
Aww, c'mon, can't we cuss at Yellowbelly just for a bit? Please???

Tarek Morgen
03 Oct 11,, 17:27
You can call him Yellowbelly. Is there really a need for an even bigger Insult?

Doktor
03 Oct 11,, 17:33
You can call him Yellowbelly. Is there really a need for an even bigger Insult?

There is no need for insult on Yellofin, but it's funny.

bigross86
03 Oct 11,, 17:39
There is no need for insult on Yellofin, but it's funny.

And fun!

YellowFever
03 Oct 11,, 17:50
Oooo....Yellowfin. That's a new one.

Lesse.....

Yello (Julie)
Yeller (Rusty)
Yellow Wee (Knaur Amarsh)
Yellow Belly (Julie - or southie)
Yellar (OoE)

...and now "Yellofin" (DoK) :mad:

Hey, as long as you don't call me German or "bigross" I'm fine with it... :tongue:

YellowFever
03 Oct 11,, 18:56
Wait....hold on.......

Furburger??

FURBURGER????

Pedicabby
03 Oct 11,, 19:02
Wait....hold on.......

Furburger??

FURBURGER????

I am going to use that in real life. Furburger!

bigross86
03 Oct 11,, 19:32
Oooo....Yellowfin. That's a new one.

Lesse.....

Yello (Julie)
Yeller (Rusty)
Yellar (OoE)

...and now "Yellofin" (DoK) :mad:

Hey, as long as you don't call me German or "bigross" I'm fine with it... :tongue:

Oi! You forgot one! I used to call you Old Yeller for a while way back when

Pedicabby
03 Oct 11,, 20:00
Bollocks!

Tarek Morgen wrote:
and please don't start spamming swear words simply to find out which one are "freed".

Sorry dude. I just had to check.

YellowFever
03 Oct 11,, 20:39
Oi! You forgot one! I used to call you Old Yeller for a while way back when

Yeah but you were just piggybacking off of Rusty's "yeller" so you don't get credit.

And if my memory serves me, it was either the Texas sheep seducer or the Kiwi sheep seducer who first called me that soon after Rusty dropped that moniker.

As usual, you're trying take credit for someone else's work.....like tankie does in the joke thread.

tankie
04 Oct 11,, 12:19
Yeah but you were just piggybacking off of Rusty's "yeller" so you don't get credit.

And if my memory serves me, it was either the Texas sheep seducer or the Kiwi sheep seducer who first called me that soon after Rusty dropped that moniker.

As usual, you're trying take credit for someone else's work.....like tankie does in the joke thread.

Huh , wh,, ehhhh :whome:

tankie
04 Oct 11,, 12:57
One fer yella

I text my wife yesterday saying: 'I have never loved you. The years I have spent with you have been hell and you make my life miserable. I hate the kids too, you can have full custody, I'm moving to america and starting a new life'

Damn autocorrect, I meant to write 'make me a sammich

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 21:02

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 21:02
Thankyou for killing another thread, tankie.

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 21:30
Thanks for making us all wish another thread was killed off by tankie, Yellowbelly.

tankie
04 Oct 11,, 21:32
cant fool the mods yella :pop:

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 22:00
cant fool the mods yella :pop:

No.

But fooling you and Benny...well....

Hey btw...too many changes here lately.... Who's stil mod and who's admin?

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:17
If their tag is green, they are staff. And they are green because they are envious of the state of blissful ignorance we live in

Doktor
04 Oct 11,, 22:25
Speaking of the rainbow... why tankie is blue?

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 22:29
Explain this to me, Benny.

Why are some names gren, some light blue, some dark blue, and some black, and some kraut members yellow?

And do it fast because your minion is also looking at this thread and he's gonna say something smart-alecky and I'm gonna respond in a civilized manner and you'll get sucked in...and tankie will go on a rampage and say somehing unintelligible...etc..etc..

You know, the usual thing...

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:36
I explained it elsewhere: Green are mods, blue are military and defense professionals, and the rest of you are black. Tarek is Admin, so he's yellow. Yellow is a fool, so he's not Admin

Tarek Morgen
04 Oct 11,, 22:36
The Colours reflect the membership to certain usergroups.

Tankie is blue because he is a Military professional. (That "being blue" means being drunk in German is just a coincidence). Defense Professionals have a slightly different shade of blue.
Mods are Green, Admins are yellow and retired staff members (Staff Emeritus) are grey.

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:37
Speaking of the rainbow... why tankie is blue?

Tankie is blue because he ran out of beer.

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:37
The Colours reflect the membership to certain usergroups.

Tankie is blue because he is a Military professional. (That "being blue" means being drunk in German is just a coincidence). Defense Professionals have a slightly different shade of blue.
Mods are Green, Admins are yellow and retired staff members (Staff Emeritus) are grey.

HAHA!!! In before the Krazy Kraut!!!

Tarek Morgen
04 Oct 11,, 22:38
Tankie is blue because he ran out of beer.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Tarek Morgen
04 Oct 11,, 22:39
HAHA!!! In before the Krazy Kraut!!!

Always coming first is not something you should be proud of.

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:43
Shouldn't it be the other way around?

In English to be blue is to be sad or depressed over something

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:44
Always coming first is not something you should be proud of.

I wasn't bragging about being first, I was bragging about beating you. Two totally and entirely different things

Tarek Morgen
04 Oct 11,, 22:45

I think our blue is better.

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 22:49
I think I'll have another beer

Tarek Morgen
04 Oct 11,, 22:51
Then again it is pretty easy being both blues. Though I guess the main reason "being blue" does not mean being sad or depressed in German because that spot is already taken by "being German".

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 22:55
Great....I leave for a few and an admin and a retired staff guy thinks they're funny.

So Beny doesn't look grey to me. A vey light blue maybe.

And I demand I get exclusive rights to yellow and I also demand the admins change their color to orange or ox blood or something.

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 22:59
And I would like to file a formal protest because the admins deleted a thread by that John2222 guy.
He came back and made a protest thread and we could've had fun with that but noooooo.......a yellow guy or a green guy had to delete it..thereby denying us black guys some fun. :mad:

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 23:08
Great....I leave for a few and an admin and a retired staff guy thinks they're funny.

And I demand I get exclusive rights to yellow and I also demand the admins change their color to orange or ox blood or something.

That's because I'm Staff Emeritus but still a military professional

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 23:08
And I would like to file a formal protest because the admins deleted a thread by that John2222 guy.
He came back and made a protest thread and we could've had fun with that but noooooo.......a yellow guy or a green guy had to delete it..thereby denying us black guys some fun. :mad:

You're the wrong color to play the black racism card

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 23:12
Yello (Julie)
Yeller (Rusty)
Yellar (OoE)

And let me just add:

"Yella" by tankie.

Wouldn't want him to feel left out and do something he's never done before.....like go on a sober rant...

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 23:13
You're the wrong color to play the black racism card

Pretend I'm a liberal and go along with me on this one...

Tarek Morgen
04 Oct 11,, 23:22

You were saying?

Doktor
04 Oct 11,, 23:24
You were saying?

Man you are killing me.

Pink Yello :eek: :pop:

bigross86
04 Oct 11,, 23:26
Pretend I'm a liberal and go along with me on this one...

Yeah, no...

YellowFever
04 Oct 11,, 23:33
Ah, so we got a comedian for an admin. :mad:

JAD_333
05 Oct 11,, 00:35
If their tag is green, they are staff. And they are green because they are envious of the state of blissful ignorance we live in

I though we were green because we were supposed to save energy. Geez, learn something new everyday.

Doktor
05 Oct 11,, 00:37
I though we were green because we were supposed to save energy. Geez, learn something new everyday.

Looking for subsidies JAD?

Julie
05 Oct 11,, 00:45
Reminds me of a T-shirt I seen the other day that says, "REAL MEN WEAR PINK." :biggrin:

bigross86
05 Oct 11,, 00:54
Hey, Yellow! Guess who's back!!

Yellow? Hey, where'd Yellow go?!

bigross86
05 Oct 11,, 00:56

Damn, dude, you never learn, do you?

Doktor
05 Oct 11,, 00:57

bigross86
05 Oct 11,, 00:59
Ah, so you've also noticed "Yellow"'s new color scheme. Funny, seems that something like this happens every time he gets too big for his Spiderman britches and challenges an Admin

Doktor
05 Oct 11,, 01:00
For someone so picky on details I am surprised you missed post #89 ;)

BTW He is speechless with the new scheme.

bigross86
05 Oct 11,, 01:01
I saw it, but I was certain you were referencing "Yellow"'s demand to be thought of as a liberal

Doktor
05 Oct 11,, 01:11
Tarek was damn fast on obeying Yello's wishes.

I choked when I saw the rebranding Tarek made.

bigross86
05 Oct 11,, 01:16
If he hadn't taken advantage of that, they'd have stripped him of his Admin powers

Doktor
05 Oct 11,, 01:19
If he hadn't taken advantage of that, they'd have stripped him of his Admin powers

"They" as a higher powers? You mean there is someone above Tarek? Awwww

bigross86
05 Oct 11,, 01:23
Yup. Those behind the behind the scenes. Gio, Chris and Martin, mainly

Doktor
05 Oct 11,, 01:25
You mean the ones writing in red letters in your own posts?:scared:

JAD_333
05 Oct 11,, 04:26
Looking for subsidies JAD?

I am Republican. We don't believe in them. But, between you and me...:biggrin:

Wayfarer
05 Oct 11,, 12:33
Furburger... What is that I don't even...

Double Edge
05 Oct 11,, 13:07
And let me just add:

"Yella" by tankie.

Wouldn't want him to feel left out and do something he's never done before.....like go on a sober rant...
One more..

Yellow foot

Julie
06 Oct 11,, 03:08
Yellow Tail

Bigfella
06 Oct 11,, 05:48

In Australia 'working blue' usually involves using the sort of words that are still on our banned list.

Bigfella
06 Oct 11,, 05:49
Then again it is pretty easy being both blues. Though I guess the main reason "being blue" does not mean being sad or depressed in German because that spot is already taken by "being German".

...and people say Germans have no sense of humour. ;)

YellowFever
07 Oct 11,, 16:52
Thankyou, Tarek, for that well deserved time off without pay.

As I was going through life, contemplating my world without WAB, I have reached a conclusion vis-a-vis the public transportation system here in L.A.

What the hell is with these extended MTA buses in L.A.????

At least in London, they got those ugly double deckers. It's ugly but they don't take up much space.

But, nooooo...in L.A. they have to have these ugly buses that also take up alot of space so they create traffic jams left and right.

And the messed up thing is there are always less than 10 people in it. :mad:

So in conclusion, not only is there a vast conspiracy of Germans, Israelis and Macedonians against law abiding American citizens, the buses in L.A. are also ugly and get in the way...

Thankyou, Obama!

Sheesh. :mad:

Tarek Morgen
07 Oct 11,, 16:55
Time-Off? I only gave a small make-over.

YellowFever
07 Oct 11,, 17:00
Yabut, being pinked is worse than time off.

You really know how to hurt a guy.

USSWisconsin
07 Oct 11,, 17:36
...and people say Germans have no sense of humour. ;)

the electric fence joke only increased his pulse by 1 bpm - very tough this this one - like a tiger tank:biggrin::scared:

YellowFever
07 Oct 11,, 20:05
The Germans have an awesome sense of humor!

They created Germany, for instance.....

BB61Vet
08 Oct 11,, 02:42
Oi now. Germans gave us things like the Autobahn to be jealous of, some of the best beer to be had anywhere, and some pretty hot looking women too (especially when you put them in leather or latex ;) Not to mention Streudel, as well as Brats to grill on a summer day and enjoy with sourkraut and that same cold beer. I think I could overlook something like 'a sense of humor much differing from ours' for all those other benefits. (and I haven't even dipped into their engineering yet...)

tankie
08 Oct 11,, 13:07
Oi now. Germans gave us things like the Autobahn to be jealous of, some of the best beer to be had anywhere, and some pretty hot looking women too (especially when you put them in leather or latex ;) Not to mention Streudel, as well as Brats to grill on a summer day and enjoy with sourkraut and that same cold beer. I think I could overlook something like 'a sense of humor much differing from ours' for all those other benefits. (and I haven't even dipped into their engineering yet...)

Ditto to the above , except sourkraut , jeez tried it once :slap:

BB61Vet
08 Oct 11,, 14:23
I love sourkraut - and can eat it straight from the jar, by the jarful :)

USSWisconsin
08 Oct 11,, 15:22
Humor is different in different cultures too - some things that are very funny in the US might not even be mildly amusing in England, and this is more pronouned when the languages is different.

tankie
09 Oct 11,, 15:15
Humor is different in different cultures too - some things that are very funny in the US might not even be mildly amusing in England, and this is more pronouned when the languages is different.

Very true , I recall when living in Herford , the Benny Hill show was shown dubbed or subtitled ? very funny in England , went down like a sack o crap in Germany :slap:

sourkraut115
09 Oct 11,, 18:10
the food product is actually SAUERKRAUT.... "Sourkraut" refers to a certain grumpy old platoon sergeant of Germanic heritage

YellowFever
09 Oct 11,, 19:18
the food product is actually SAUERKRAUT.... "Sourkraut" refers to a certain grumpy old platoon sergeant of Germanic heritage

Or Tarek.

Btw...correcting tankie's grammar is a lifetime job.

Don't even start. :biggrin:

tankie
09 Oct 11,, 20:55
Or Tarek.

Heeey where u been ??? awol was it :whome:

YellowFever
09 Oct 11,, 21:12
Heeey where u been ??? awol was it :whome:

Yeah. The sourkraut pinked me so I went on a drunken bender.

tankie
09 Oct 11,, 21:49
Yeah. The sourkraut pinked me so I went on a drunken bender.

Fermented ya last brain cell huh , pfffffffft wouldnt catch me going on one :whome:

BB61Vet
09 Oct 11,, 22:15
Sourkraut - thanks for the spelling correction. I'm just a dumb old country boy when it comes to things like correct diction and spelling.

bigross86
09 Oct 11,, 22:54
Fermented ya last brain cell huh , pfffffffft wouldnt catch me going on one :whome:

Yeah, cause you've never actually left your last bender!

tankie
09 Oct 11,, 23:26
Yeah, cause you've never actually left your last bender!

You don,t know just how close you are there Benny boy :tankie:

bigross86
09 Oct 11,, 23:38
Oh, I know exactly how close I am, I'm staying right out of smelling range. Getting kinda rank there, ol' boy...

tankie
09 Oct 11,, 23:41
Oh, I know exactly how close I am, I'm staying right out of smelling range. Getting kinda rank there, ol' boy...

Hmm a bit rich from the early morning yankee drinker :whome:

dave lukins
09 Oct 11,, 23:47
Or Tarek.

Correct. If he spelt it sourkraut that's what he means ;)

bigross86
09 Oct 11,, 23:59
Hmm a bit rich from the early morning yankee drinker :whome:

Hey, unlike tankie, I know how to use (and spell) things like "deodorant" and "shower"

YellowFever
10 Oct 11,, 00:29
Oooooooooo......

:pop:

Gonna sit back and enjoy this......the two rabid dogs will get tired and attack me any minute now.

Might as well sit back and enjoy the show of them biting into each other's arse.....

bigross86
10 Oct 11,, 01:01
You can relax for the meantime. Tankie first has to focus and find out that you're not one of the voices in his head

YellowFever
10 Oct 11,, 02:03
You can relax for the meantime. Tankie first has to focus and find out that you're not one of the voices in his head

tankie........focus?

bigross86
10 Oct 11,, 02:20
That's why I said you've got time to relax. Jeez, I've seen 3 year old children with more intuitive reasoning than you

YellowFever
10 Oct 11,, 04:50
No, you said, and I quote, "tankie has to first focus and find out...." etc...etc.

Not "tankie might surprise us and focus one day for the first time in his life and even then, if the stars are aligned correctly, might find out..." etc...etc.....which is a more accurate statement. :mad:

tankie
10 Oct 11,, 09:33
Hey, unlike tankie, I know how to use (and spell) things like "deodorant" and "shower"

Ahhh well , try using them then . :scared::tongue:

bigross86
10 Oct 11,, 11:05
"Kettle? It's for you, something about a Pot calling you black?"

YellowFever
10 Oct 11,, 15:37
Woo hoo!!

Now all I need is TJ to show up and say something nasty about Dok.....
:pop: :pop:

bigross86
10 Oct 11,, 16:26
You haven't mentioned sheep, there's no reason for TJ to show up yet

YellowFever
10 Oct 11,, 16:29
Well, I haven't mentioned beer either but tankie shows up all the time and makes the damn place his home...

bigross86
10 Oct 11,, 16:39
Tankie doesn't need your beer. His blood was replaced by beer a couple eons ago. You don't think he types the way he does on purpose, do you?

YellowFever
10 Oct 11,, 21:41
Typing? :confused:

I thought he used an Etch-a-Sketch.

tankie
11 Oct 11,, 00:25
Now now girls , im in a good mood as my new toy is here so , carry on :whome:

YellowFever
11 Oct 11,, 00:28
Now now girls , im in a good mood as my new toy is here so , carry on :whome:

Did it come through the mail in a brown paper bag labeled, "for massage purpose only"?

bigross86
11 Oct 11,, 00:33
Yellow, why do you know what's written on those kinds of packages?

YellowFever
11 Oct 11,, 00:39
Because those companys harrass me all the time about using mine as a model.

bigross86
11 Oct 11,, 00:46
For the travel, pocket version :biggrin:

YellowFever
11 Oct 11,, 00:48
You mean those small things they call a "benny?

bigross86
11 Oct 11,, 00:50
I'm flattered, but why the hell would you name your equipment after me? I'm flattered, but that's kinda very extremely creepy

YellowFever
11 Oct 11,, 01:00
Hell, ask tankie......

He's the one that's playing with it.

bigross86
11 Oct 11,, 01:03
I should ask Tankie why you name your equipment after me? Your relationship with each other must be a lot closer than I thought...

tankie
11 Oct 11,, 01:21
Hell, ask tankie......

He's the one that's playing with it.

A clue , its big n red and throbs between my legs ;)

bigross86
11 Oct 11,, 01:32
Why is Santa Claus between your legs?!

tankie
13 Oct 11,, 14:09
Why is Santa Claus between your legs?!

Noooooooooooooope

YellowFever
13 Oct 11,, 18:15
Noooooooooooooope

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer?

bigross86
13 Oct 11,, 18:22
Is that another one of those packages you keep getting delivered to your house?

tankie
13 Oct 11,, 19:18
Rudolph the red nosed reindeer?

Noooooooooooooooooooope

YellowFever
13 Oct 11,, 20:28
Noooooooooooooooooooope

Mr. Lukin???????

dave lukins
13 Oct 11,, 21:29
Mr. Lukin???????

He's talking about his newly acquired trike which happens to be red, hence his double entendre. ;)

tankie
13 Oct 11,, 22:41
He's talking about his newly acquired trike which happens to be red, hence his double entendre. ;)

Tw#t I had em then :biggrin::tankie:

YellowFever
13 Oct 11,, 22:50
You had a t#wat???

Wtf....

bigross86
13 Oct 11,, 23:41
Dude, waaaaayyy too much information...

highsea
14 Oct 11,, 05:12
Holy shit! This goddamn thread has grown to 12 pages. :whome:

YellowFever
14 Oct 11,, 05:17
Yeah, well, you know Tarek.

If one of the threads that he started doesn't reach at least 15 pages, he's gonna get hissy and start banning people left and right.....

highsea
14 Oct 11,, 05:25
Hey tarek, this one's pretty hot...

YellowFever
14 Oct 11,, 05:32
Too late....he already has it tattooed to his leg.......

bigross86
14 Oct 11,, 10:23
Which raises the question why the hell have you been close enough to his leg to see what he's got tattooed on it?

YellowFever
14 Oct 11,, 10:40
I haven't.

The kraut is just kinky enough to post in on the world wide web......

Julie
14 Oct 11,, 22:51
Holy shit! This goddamn thread has grown to 12 pages. :whome:Blues will have a field day with the uncensored .... can't wait. :biggrin:

highsea
15 Oct 11,, 04:16
Blues will have a field day with the uncensored .... can't wait. :biggrin:Come on Bluesman, help me get some profanity into this boring thread. :biggrin:

Parihaka
15 Oct 11,, 04:36
Pox ridden son of a sluttish and slatternly whore. New filters seem to work fine :)

highsea
15 Oct 11,, 04:47
I'm glad we have whore now, but is that the best you kiwis can cuss?

Parihaka
15 Oct 11,, 05:20
I'm glad we have whore now, but is that the best you kiwis can cuss?

Surely thou art an ass-pirates butt plug thou foul spawn of a shameful chode and cumdumpster. Thine pitiful feltching stands small even within the realms of dickbeaters. Surely thine only recourse to income be as a fluffer.

:) yep, works for me.

Julie
15 Oct 11,, 05:20
mother fucking bastards aint shit and going straight to hell u low-life cock suckers.

Wow....those are top ten. Filter must be completely off. :)

highsea
15 Oct 11,, 05:24
Hahaha. Not one asterisk.

sweet!

Parihaka
15 Oct 11,, 05:26
Do you mind Madam, we're trying to maintain some degree of dignity here

highsea
15 Oct 11,, 05:34
I'll never accuse you of not being able to cuss Pari.

Julie I was already pretty sure about....:biggrin:

YellowFever
15 Oct 11,, 05:39
....and JAD just chewed Benny and me out for being childish... :mad:

mother fucking bastards aint shit and going straight to hell u low-life cock suckers.

Ohhh..I love it when you talk dirty.....

Parihaka
15 Oct 11,, 05:44
....and JAD just chewed Benny and me out for being childish... :mad:

Ohhh..I love it when you talk dirty.....

Quick there's a child present, someone cover his ears

Julie
15 Oct 11,, 05:59
Ohhh..I love it when you talk dirty.....candy ass **** that you be.

Requesting dignity with a disabled filter is going to be a tall order to fill buddy.

c-u-n-t is being filtered.

highsea
15 Oct 11,, 05:59
Hey! I thought I told those kids to stop hanging around here.

bigross86
15 Oct 11,, 12:50
Damn, sleep in late and miss all the action... I couldn't believe my eyes when I read Julie's post. And all this time I thought she was a genteel Southern lady

tankie
15 Oct 11,, 13:00
Oh my word , what thread is this I have stumbled into , my eyes my eeeeeyes , and me , swore like a trooper , cant match Julie tho ,,my word myyyyy word :slap:

YellowFever
15 Oct 11,, 17:51
Oh my word , what thread is this I have stumbled into , my eyes my eeeeeyes , and me , swore like a trooper , cant match Julie tho ,,my word myyyyy word :slap:

Translation: "Fuck, what is this? I can't understand the goddamn words. Julie cussed. Turned me on. Must wank off now....."

tankie
15 Oct 11,, 18:04
Translation: "Fuck, what is this? I can't understand the goddamn words. Julie cussed. Turned me on. Must wank off now....."

Carry on soldier :pop:

bigross86
15 Oct 11,, 18:48
I do seem to recall Tarek saying something about not abusing the lack of a censor... :biggrin:

Julie
15 Oct 11,, 21:49
I do seem to recall Tarek saying something about not abusing the lack of a censor... :biggrin:It's too late for that....we were only testing it, innocently of course. :whome:

bigross86
15 Oct 11,, 23:59
Can you smell that? It smells like bullshit!

Doktor
16 Oct 11,, 00:06
It smells like Yello's sammich.

dave lukins
16 Oct 11,, 00:13
I do seem to recall Tarek saying something about not abusing the lack of a censor... :biggrin:

"Not abusing the lack of sensors". Is he out dating vampires? :eek:

bigross86
16 Oct 11,, 00:15
It almost looks like it's coming from Tankie, but the spelling is decent....

dave lukins
16 Oct 11,, 00:24
It almost looks like it's coming from Tankie, but the spelling is decent....

When he's drunk his fingers can find the right keys...He doesn't know that and blames aliens when he reads his posts the next day :biggrin:

Julie
16 Oct 11,, 03:46
Can you smell that? It smells like bullshit!I know you know what bullshit smells like cuz I've seen you step in it a couple of times. ;) BUT, I'm excited about getting my first infraction, and I would like to do it myself, so butt out, and don't fuck it up for me. :biggrin:

bigross86
16 Oct 11,, 07:10
Hell, you're not gonna be getting any infractions, people here are still scared shitless of you :Dancing-Banana:

YellowFever
16 Oct 11,, 08:29
Hell, you're not gonna be getting any infractions, people here are still scared shitless of you :Dancing-Banana:

Wow..when I try to type "shitless", my auto-correction bring up the words, "shirtless", "shiftless", "witless" and "Shiites". :eek:

Guess what I was typing when the auto-correct kicked in and offered the suggestion "yucky" :biggrin:

tankie
16 Oct 11,, 11:49
When he's drunk his fingers can find the right keys...He doesn't know that and blames aliens when he reads his posts the next day :biggrin:

Go away ,,,,,sexually of course :whome:

Julie
16 Oct 11,, 23:00
Hell, you're not gonna be getting any infractions, people here are still scared shitless of you :Dancing-Banana:No need to be, this thread has been very therapeutical for me. :)

Guess what I was typing when the auto-correct kicked in and offered the suggestion "yucky"Well, stop keeping us in suspense, what the hell was it? :slap:

bigross86
16 Oct 11,, 23:43
Tankie... duh

Julie
17 Oct 11,, 00:06
Tankie... duh:tongue: He skips around from one subject to the other so fast in his posts, I can't keep up. I think Yello is ADHD. ;)

bigross86
17 Oct 11,, 00:36
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hey, let's go ride our bikes!

Julie
17 Oct 11,, 02:52
ADHD - Attention Deficit Hey, let's go ride our bikes!Yup...that's it ! :biggrin:

bigross86
17 Oct 11,, 09:36
DNA - National Association of Dyslexia

tankie
17 Oct 11,, 13:17
I loev dikliicx grils , tyhe cna duck ym sick

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 14:16
:tongue: He skips around from one subject to the other so fast in his posts, I can't keep up. I think Yello is ADHD. ;)

Aint that hard it is either booze or wheels with him. Easy to follow.

Yello worries me after the meeting with the client (at the corner) he is so silent...

tankie
17 Oct 11,, 14:28
hic

bigross86
17 Oct 11,, 14:32
And that's all tankie has to say about that...

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 15:59
He would have said it with less, but the forum wont allow posts shorter then 3 letters :biggrin:

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 19:08
What the hell are you guys doing in my thread?

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 19:13
:tongue: He skips around from one subject to the other so fast in his posts, I can't keep up. I think Yello is ADHD. ;)

No....I do not skip around.

And, yes, Obama is just as bad as Carter andthis thread has reached 15 pages so Tarek won't go on a banning rampage.

Damn, it's nice to have Blues back!

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 19:15
Oh, and I'm going to wear the hat if and when there is a WAB get together.

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 19:17
And someone give tankie a glass of water and a nice pillow.

Julie
17 Oct 11,, 19:38
Oh, and I'm going to wear the hat if and when there is a WAB get together.Blues is having one in Vegas. :)

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 19:54
Yep, he has ADHD

#
Today, 19:17
YellowFever

#
Today, 19:15
YellowFever

#
Today, 19:13
YellowFever

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
He skips around from one subject to the other so fast in his posts, I can't keep up. I think Yello is ADHD.

And, yes, Obama is just as bad as Carter andthis thread has reached 15 pages so Tarek won't go on a banning rampage.

#
Today, 19:08
YellowFever

Julie
17 Oct 11,, 20:11
Yep, which also explains the plaid hat. When I studied psychology in college, I remember that ADHD patients tend to wear busy patterns of clothing, such as plaid because they are attention-getters.

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 20:22
Blues is having one in Vegas. :)

I know.

I'm trying to ignore that thread.

I have this image of the evening starting with drinking beer with him at the Bellagio and ending the evening with at least ten liberals in intensive care and at least four members of WAB incarcerated for battery.

And if the Colonel shows up, you know it's just a matter of time before Celine files sexual harrassment charges.
:biggrin:

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 20:31
Yep, he has ADHD

#
Today, 19:17
YellowFever

#
Today, 19:15
YellowFever

#
Today, 19:13
YellowFever

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
He skips around from one subject to the other so fast in his posts, I can't keep up. I think Yello is ADHD.

#
Today, 19:08
YellowFever

By the way, Dok, did you see that trike in tankie's signature?

Now that's a cool looking minion chopper!

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 20:40
By the way, Dok, did you see that trike in tankie's signature?

Now that's a cool looking minion chopper!

Jealous or just obsessed?

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 20:44
Both.

Hell, it'll be awesome to have a chopper where you can ride with 9 gallons of beer in you and not tip over.

tankie
17 Oct 11,, 21:33
Both.

Hell, it'll be awesome to have a chopper where you can ride with 9 gallons of beer in you and not tip over.

Yea , ya got me :tankie:

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 22:09
Seriously, tankie, nice bike.

Glad you found an outlet to enjoy yourself.

Now you can not only annoy Mr. lukins but the entire driving population of England. ;)

dave lukins
17 Oct 11,, 22:26
Seriously, tankie, nice bike.

Glad you found an outlet to enjoy yourself.

Now you can not only annoy Mr. lukins but the entire driving population of England. ;)

It has three wheels..that's not a bike. His next bike will be. A Goldwing. Not for me perhaps but I think it will suit him down to the ground. Now mine is a supersport race tuned with LOUD pipes that really has the locals running for cover :cool:

Parihaka
17 Oct 11,, 22:51
It has three wheels..that's not a bike.

Indeed. It's one of these with the bodywork removed

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Reliant_Robin_Green.jpg/800px-Reliant_Robin_Green.jpg

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 23:01
Tankie = modernized Del Roy Trotter? :eek:

YellowFever
17 Oct 11,, 23:25
What are you blabbing about now, Dok? :mad:

dave lukins
17 Oct 11,, 23:34
Tankie = modernized Del Roy Trotter? :eek:

Absolutely on the button :biggrin:

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 23:40
What are you blabbing about now, Dok? :mad:

You wouldn't understand even I force to you watch all 70+ episodes

dave lukins
17 Oct 11,, 23:41
Indeed. It's one of these with the bodywork removed

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Reliant_Robin_Green.jpg/800px-Reliant_Robin_Green.jpg

My next door neighbour had a number of these over the years and almost every month he would overturn it. After quite a few mishaps he finally gave up driving but as he was in his 70's and hardy a boy racer it was a blessing for other road users.

Doktor
17 Oct 11,, 23:51
Didn't know Jeremy Clarkson is your neighbor, nor that he turned 70, nor that he stopped driving :conf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

tankie
17 Oct 11,, 23:58
It has three wheels..that's not a bike. His next bike will be. A Goldwing. Not for me perhaps but I think it will suit him down to the ground. Now mine is a supersport race tuned with LOUD pipes that really has the locals running for cover :cool:

Ahem ,,,mine has screaming eagle gear on it , being a Harley 4 stroke , it sounds awesome ,frightens old folks (like pari etc ) but leaves younger guys drooling :biggrin:

Parihaka
18 Oct 11,, 00:04
Absolutely on the button :biggrin:

Now you come to mention it in the one photo I have seen of him there is a striking similarity

Julie
18 Oct 11,, 02:29
What the hell are you guys doing in my thread?What do you think? Aggravating the shit out of you...:biggrin: And it must be working too, cuz you haven't had much to say the past 48 hrs. ;)

YellowFever
18 Oct 11,, 02:57
No...........

I miss Benny. :frown:

Hell, even the Batman misses Joker every once in awhile.

Julie
18 Oct 11,, 03:01
No...........

I miss Benny. :frown:

Hell, even the Batman misses Joker every once in awhile.Well, I will try to cheer you up....uummm...has anyone ever told you that you look like Jackie Chan? :)

YellowFever
18 Oct 11,, 03:07
No...and that's not cheering me up, Cruella.

but for some reason, I always figured gunnut might look like him.

Doktor
18 Oct 11,, 03:07
Julie you are still in suspense or this ADHD thing got viral?

YellowFever
18 Oct 11,, 03:10
Julie you are still in suspense or this ADHD thing got viral?

Dok, Julie is always in suspense when she talks to me. ;)

Doktor
18 Oct 11,, 03:11
Ben posted 1 post more then Yello in the last 48 hours. They are both on that corner now?

Julie
18 Oct 11,, 03:11
Julie you are still in suspense or this ADHD thing got viral?Two and a half men sucks now on Monday nite, and if I go watch it, it's going to bore me to sleep. None of my friends won't play scrabble with me on Facebook, because I keep beating them...:mad: And it's going to rain me out of work tomorrow, so I can stay up late, but I'm bored, bored, bored. :frown:

Doktor
18 Oct 11,, 03:17
Ashton is not as entertaining as Charlie. Who would've say?

Sometimes you have to let friends win, otherwise they will avoid you. Something like we do with Yello.

As for the rain, think of Yello standing all night on that corner, wont stop the rain, but will comfort you :)

YellowFever
18 Oct 11,, 03:20
Ben posted 1 post more then Yello in the last 48 hours. They are both on that corner now?

Holy shit!

What are you, a stalker????

And where do I go to find out such things?

Julie
18 Oct 11,, 03:21
Oh, I feel so much better now.....:rolleyes:

Doktor
18 Oct 11,, 03:22
CENZORED

What are you, a stalker????

And where do I go to find out such things?

Some Google-fu I've learned from Benny ;)

YellowFever
18 Oct 11,, 03:45
Some Google-fu I've learned from Benny ;)

Wow..your Google-Fu must suck big time.....

Doktor
18 Oct 11,, 08:09
You are pathetic when you are jealous

bigross86
18 Oct 11,, 11:24
Jeez, some dude goes out to party with his friends and you all get your panties in a bunch. Yellow, you should know better than that, Spiderman doesn't like being gotten in a bunch

tankie
18 Oct 11,, 11:39
Now you come to mention it in the one photo I have seen of him there is a striking similarity

Me or the fish , and the name is Del Boy , not roy ;) get yersel on skype pari :tankie:

tankie
18 Oct 11,, 11:42
Dok, Julie is always in suspense when she talks to me. ;)

Yea she's always in suspenders when she talks to me as well :whome: