• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H00ters Lawsuit Claims Rival Restaurant Stole ‘Trade Secrets'

******* Lawsuit Claims Rival Restaurant Stole ‘Trade Secrets'

First Posted: 9/30/11 12:54 PM ET Updated: 9/30/11 12:55 PM ET
    ******* Lawsuit Claims Rival Restaurant Stole

WASHINGTON -- *******, the restaurant chain famous for its scantily clad ******* Girls, sued the partner of an upstart rival in Georgia federal court this week, accusing the company developing Twin Peaks restaurants and a former ******* executive of stealing trade secrets in their bid to take on the “delightfully tacky yet unrefined” restaurant chain.

In their lawsuit, ******* claims that Joseph Hummel, former ******* vice president, jumped ship to help develop the similarly themed Twin Peaks restaurants (motto: “Eats, Drinks, Scenic Views”) in July and took “sensitive business information” with him. The alleged trade secrets apparently involve more than just skimpy waitress outfits. According to the suit, in the weeks leading up to his departure to Twin Peaks development partner La Cima Restaurants, Hummel downloaded and emailed to his private account a “substantial volume” of ******* documents, including plans related to management, recruitment, distribution and sales.

Although ******* has more than 400 locations throughout the country, the two so-called breastaurant companies could soon have a rivalry in Georgia and other parts of the Southeast. According to the lawsuit, Hummel’s departure coincided with a number of other high-ranking defections from ******* to La Cima, including former ******* CEO Coby Brooks. Hummel is now chief operating officer at La Cima, which, like *******, is based in Atlanta.

A lawyer for ******* referred questions to a ******* spokesman, who could not be reached. A lawyer for La Cima did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Twin Peaks currently has 15 restaurants in five states, but last month it announced plans to open 35 franchises throughout the Southeast over the course of the next decade. Judging from the company’s website, the restaurants share many similarities with the better-known ******* -- namely, chicken wings in the fryer, Ultimate Fighting Championship fights on the big screen, and precious little clothing on the servers. But whereas ******* waitresses don the trademark white tank tops and orange short shorts, Twin Peaks servers tend to wear a mountain-themed ensemble of flannel bikini-like tops paired with tan hiker shorts.

In the lawsuit, ******* says their “iconic” ******* Girls are the “cornerstone of the [*******] concept,” and notes that “Twin Peaks directly competes with [*******] in the market of casual dining restaurants with an all female waitstaff.” Hummel recently told the Atlanta Business Chronicle that within the next seven years Twin Peaks expects to launch as many as seven franchises in the Atlanta area, going head to head with ******* at its core. He also said the chain would differentiate itself from its competitor, saying Twin Peaks “brings a different feel, a different makeup of food.”

In their efforts to expand, Twin Peaks has apparently had a hard time avoiding lawsuits with other restaurants whose names play on breasts. In 2009, the chain’s parent company sued a competitor called Grand Tetons LLC in federal court in Texas, claiming that the company’s plans to open a restaurant in Arkansas called Northern Exposure infringed on Twin Peaks’ “trade dress.”
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

mh ******* is on the automatic censor list, but does anybody here really consider it such an offensive word that it has to be censored? If not I'll take it off.

Comment

That was an interesting read...

Do we really need h00ters to be on the banned list? Honestly, who still seriously uses that word nowadays as a description for breasts?!
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Jeez, post a minute late, see what happens...
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

That's what I am asking. It seems to have been there for quite a time. Also I have to admit that I had to check up what it exactly refers to. While I assumed it were breasts I did not really know. My second guess would have been that it comes from hoes.

Comment

Yello wouldn't know anyway ;)

I am for delisting them
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

How about you remove them all? We're all mature adults here, and when I type fcuk, does anybody here really not know what I'm trying to say (aside from Yellow or tankie)?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                Honestly, who still seriously uses that word nowadays as a description for breasts?!
                Americans ?

Comment

I demand *******!
                  To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                    mh ******* is on the automatic censor list, but does anybody here really consider it such an offensive word that it has to be censored? If not I'll take it off.
                    Personally I love h00ters and believe they should be uncensored, along with b00bs and b00bies. Just a personal preference, don't want to cause offence or anthing...
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      Personally I love h00ters and believe they should be uncensored, along with b00bs and b00bies. Just a personal preference, don't want to cause offence or anthing...
                      There can be a warning for minors before entering the site :red:
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

the censorship discussion has its own topic now:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...tml#post834237

Comment

Men should not call fun bags "h00ters".

It demeans women...

Comment

God made us superior to them... ergo...

Comment

Your bags aren't fun, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X