Stop romanticising militancy: Yaseen Malik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop romanticising militancy: Yaseen Malik

Visiting Kashmiri separatist leaders began their political mission to Pakistan on Friday with some sharply critical words for the leadership in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir for 'romanticising militancy'.

Addressing a joint session of the two legislature Houses of, what Pakistan calls, Azad Kashmir was the high point of the first full day in PoK for the All Parties Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and six other leaders of the conglomerate as well as Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chairman Yasin Malik.

They all crossed the Line-of-Control on Thursday to enter PoK from Srinagar.

Support for the India-Pakistan peace process, demand for participation of Kashmiri representatives in the dialogue and an end to violence was the central theme of their speeches.

Malik said that a 'romantic aura' created by the PoK leadership about militancy had attracted very talented Kashmiri youth to the violent movement. He cited examples of a cement factory owner and a pilot, who were killed while fighting for jihadi forces.

As an embarrassed PoK prime minister Sikander Hayat Khan watched, one of his ministers sought permission to respond to Malik's comments, but was not allowed to speak.

link
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Separatists attack PoK leaders for "romanticising" militancy

June 3, 2005 07:08:00 PM

.MUZAFFAR FGN19

K J M Varma
    Muzaffarabad (PoK), Jun 3 (PTI) Visiting Kashmiri separatist leaders began their political mission to Pakistan today with some sharply critical words for the leadership here for "romanticising" militancy that has cost thousands of deaths in Jammu and Kashmir.

Address to a joint session of the two houses of the so-called 'Azad Kashmir' legislature was the high point of the first full day here for Hurriyat Conference Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and six other leaders of the conglomerate as well as for JKLF Chairman Yasin Malik who all crossed the LoC to come to PoK from Srinagar yesterday.

Support for the peace process, demand for participation of Kashmiri representatives in the Indo-Pak dialogue and an end to violence was the central theme of their speeches, a day ahead of their visit to Islamabad where they will meet President Pervez Musharraf and other Pakistani leaders.

In forthright comments, Malik said that a "romantic aura" created by the PoK leadership about militancy had attracted very talented Kashmiri youth who later lost their lives. He cited examples of a cement factory owner and a pilot who were killed in the course of the militancy.

As an embarrassed PoK Prime Minister Sikander Hayat Khan watched, one of his ministers sought permission to respond to Malik's comments but did not have his way. PTI

Comment

Saw on NDTV he was saying all the AJK is base camp for jihadis
      Hala Madrid!!

Comment

I'll root for this. Militancy is the downfall of any separatist movement. We have to be smarter and deploy tactics that work a whole lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
          I'll root for this. Militancy is the downfall of any separatist movement. We have to be smarter and deploy tactics that work a whole lot better.
          Like what ?

Comment

Read Israeli/Jew evolution in world/US politics.

Comment

Read Israeli/Jew evolution in world/US politics.
              I think you are overestimating your(Kashmiri,Pakistani or whatever) influence in world politics.
              Last edited by hammer; 03 Jun 05,, 22:56.

Comment

Mine?

Comment

Mine?
                  Kashmiri or Pakistani influence.

Comment

Talking about Kashmiri

Yes, its not much. But Kashmiris have enough financial and political power in Pakistan to form a major part of Pakistan's foreign policy. It's not got a bigger role in world politics because of the militancy factor. The Jews who're now mostly the Israelis all took off with a refugee status. With their smarts and cunning minds they placed themselves in strategic positions around the world and today hold the same sway in financial and political terms over the US.

Comment

Talking about Kashmiri

Yes, its not much. But Kashmiris have enough financial and political power in Pakistan to form a major part of Pakistan's foreign policy. It's not got a bigger role in world politics because of the militancy factor. The Jews who're now mostly the Israelis all took off with a refugee status. With their smarts and cunning minds they placed themselves in strategic positions around the world and today hold the same sway in financial and political terms over the US.
                      Not an apt comparison IMO.

Comment

It wasn't a comparison. I was dissing militancy in support of this action. It'll be a comparison when such actions are intentionally implemented. The US is filled with Lobbies. Most Kashmiris have a stronghold in Middle Eastern and East Asian markets. They have the potential, just not the wisdom and intent. The belief that some militia men and some people armed with AKs, would take out the 500,000 strong Indian Army, is just lunacy.

Comment

It wasn't a comparison. I was dissing militancy in support of this action. It'll be a comparison when such actions are intentionally implemented. The US is filled with Lobbies. Most Kashmiris have a stronghold in Middle Eastern and East Asian markets. They have the potential, just not the wisdom and intent.
                          Exactly what i am trying to say. The Kashmiris seem to loose their identity once they leave Kashmir. They are either Indian muslims or Pakistani. And the separtists dont have any worthwile lobbies in the western nations. Even Musharraf seems to be content with Open borders. Though it was never publicly stated I do suspect that they have come to a tacit understanding on not altering the present situation in Kashmir.

The belief that some militia men and some people armed with AKs, would take out the 500,000 strong Indian Army, is just lunacy.
                          You think the militants have realised that? I dont think so.

Comment

Yeah I think not.

But with as new generations come in, tactics will change. Kashmiris don't have one, but they can, considering the $$ power they possess which will only grow when they start working their magic on America. These political moves can hurt India a lot more than typical bleeding policy of militancy.

Comment

I wonder if the Israeli style could be replicated in Kashmir from the Pakistani point of view.

I sure would like to know how.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X