PDA

View Full Version : WAB and Google Chrome

bigross86
28 Aug 11,, 02:51
I recently switched over from Mozilla Firefox 6.0 to Google Chrome because Mozilla kept freezing and acting like a dick to me (wouldn't return my calls).

When I started using Chrome I noticed that when I visit WAB and want to post something, the keyboard keys for Bold, Italics and Underlined don't work. In other words, when I try and press Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I or Ctrl+U anymore, they do absolutely nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and does anybody know how to fix this?

Julie
28 Aug 11,, 03:23
Sorry, not a clue. :frown:

Doktor
28 Aug 11,, 06:02
Never used WAB on FF so never used shortcuts for font styles, but yes they are not working in Chrome.

Chogy
28 Aug 11,, 14:26
When clicking the style buttons with the mouse, it works.

The keyboard shortcuts don't. I'm not sure either, but I do know I love Chrome overall.

Actually, control U, for example, brings up another tab with the HTML source for the page in question.

Pedicabby
28 Aug 11,, 14:40
worksforme

bigross86
28 Aug 11,, 16:08
I can use the mouse click to get the three without a problem, it's using the keyboard shortcuts that don't work. Ctrl+B, Ctrl+U or Ctrl+I don't work, but Ctrl+A to highlight all the text or Ctrl+W to close the tab work just fine

ArmchairGeneral
28 Aug 11,, 17:48
Huh. I've tried to use them on Chrome occasionally, forgetting they don't work. I don't know if they ever worked on Firefox, maybe that's why I keep thinking they should work in Chrome...

Parihaka
28 Aug 11,, 21:22
They are DOS commands. Because programmers wanted to pay homage to the ancient ones who spoke in tongues for many years they programmed modern languages with extra code for those ancient ones who could still move their arthritic fingers across a tablet oops keyboard. Kind of like still including the caret and ampersand even though I'm the only one I'm aware of that still uses them.
The number and complexity of ancient words however is entirely at the discretion of the programmers, who unlike the cursed softmicro tribe, worship at the temple of small-tight-programmes-with-no-need-for-redundant-code-just-in-case.

Parihaka
28 Aug 11,, 21:31
BTW, I've just switched from Chrome back to Firefox because Chrome has difficulty with on-line forms, showing the little check boxes and such like.

ArmchairGeneral
28 Aug 11,, 21:48
BTW, I've just switched from Chrome back to Firefox because Chrome has difficulty with on-line forms, showing the little check boxes and such like.

I keep Firefox around for various official things like that- my school has a number of online applications that don't work with Chrome. But I can't deal with Firefox on a daily basis- I'm too used to all my search shortcuts. And it feels too much like I'm looking through a tunnel or something in Firefox because of all the junk around the margins.

Parihaka
28 Aug 11,, 22:02
I keep Firefox around for various official things like that- my school has a number of online applications that don't work with Chrome. But I can't deal with Firefox on a daily basis- I'm too used to all my search shortcuts. And it feels too much like I'm looking through a tunnel or something in Firefox because of all the junk around the margins.
Yeah I've still got both, and even explorer because windows updates won't work properly without it. Firefox pissed me off 2-3 years ago and I went to Chrome, at the moment though Firefox is winning.

Doktor
28 Aug 11,, 23:15
TBH I switched from FF to Chrome years ago only coz FF set Yahoo as default search engine and no matter what I couldn't change it. Still see yahoo as default there, tho I have lastest version, just in case.

gunnut
31 Aug 11,, 00:49
All y'all are heretics!!! IE for life!!! :cool:

Doktor
31 Aug 11,, 00:53
All y'all are heretics!!! IE for life!!! :cool:
Can't find it. Says internet, but nothing from the explorer so far on Win7 and Vista :red:

YellowFever
31 Aug 11,, 01:01
I used to use both IE 8 and Firefox 6 on my Windows 7 but ever since Firefox updated automaically it's been giving me.nothing but grief. I uninstalled IE and installed Chrome and had the same problems so I'm currently using Chrome and IE and.......it's been the best surfing experience in my life. :eek:

IE8 has been awesome!

Doktor
31 Aug 11,, 01:08
I used to use both IE 8 and Firefox 6 on my Windows 7 but ever since Firefox updated automaically it's been giving me.nothing but grief. I uninstalled IE and installed Chrome and had the same problems so I'm currently using Chrome and IE and.......it's been the best surfing experience in my life. :eek:

IE8 has been awesome!

Care to share with us how exactly you did that?

gunnut
31 Aug 11,, 01:29
Care to share with us how exactly you did that?

You can't really uninstall IE8 from Win7. But you can disable it.

You can roll IE9 back to IE8, though.

I use IE9 and FF4 on my home machine. IE9 doesn't have Flash 10.3 so I still need FF4 to watch youtube or any other flash content.

I turned off all update feature on FF the second I get it. I find the auto update feature to be rather annoying.

Doktor
31 Aug 11,, 01:32
Erm, I was referring to uninstalling.

MS faced lawsuits to enable uninstall IE in the past, I thought I missed the news :D

YellowFever
31 Aug 11,, 01:37
Erm, I was referring to uninstalling.

MS faced lawsuits to enable uninstall IE in the past, I thought I missed the news :D

Must I explain everything to you like I would to Benny???? :mad:

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8, follow the instructions for your version of Windows. To follow these steps, you must be logged on to Windows as an administrator.

Steps for Windows 7

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs.
2. Click Start
Start button
, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Programs and Feature.
4. In the tasks pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
5. In the list of windows features, clear the check box next to Internet Explorer 8.
6. You receive a warning message in a pop-up window. Click Yes.

Internet Explorer 8 will now be uninstalled. The system will restart after the installation.

Actually...I made a mistake....I didn't uninstalll it...just disable it.

...Damn..there you go killing another good thread.... :tongue:

Doktor
31 Aug 11,, 01:44
It's not our fault that you are delusional.

Parihaka
31 Aug 11,, 02:04
Now now, keep the personal attacks out please....

Oh wait, it's YellowFever you were talking to, as you were.

YellowFever
31 Aug 11,, 04:19
Wow......it's like Benny's still around even when he isn't...........

bigross86
31 Aug 11,, 10:21
Yes, I have trained my minions well...

Doktor
31 Aug 11,, 16:21
Yes, I have trained my minions well...

:wors: Oh, master! :wors:

YellowFever
31 Aug 11,, 17:38
:wors: Oh, master! :wors:

Keep it in the bedroom, ya pervs.

Damn, we need a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in WAB....

Julie
03 Sep 11,, 19:30
Keep it in the bedroom, ya pervs.

Damn, we need a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy in WAB....Yes we do. Don't ask Yellow anything....cuz he is wrong. :biggrin:

Uninstalling a program and disabling it is two totally DIFFERENT things, and can cause a major problem. Gunnut I believe mentioned this above.

So Yello, stop trying being the brainy one.....you haven't the brain to do so. :biggrin: