PDA

View Full Version : England Triumph!

snapper
13 Aug 11,, 15:54
In case the world is unaware England are about to become the world No 1 Test cricket team. We are currently on Day 4 of the third Test (of four) against the former world no 1 side, India. We are currently 2-0 up in the series and need one more wicket to beat them by two matches which takes us to world top spot.

My man of the series? MS Dhoni, the Indian captain, for his decision to let Bell continue batting in the second Test.

Bravo!

snapper
13 Aug 11,, 16:15
All over at Edgbaston... England win by an innings and 242 runs to become world No 1. Champagne time!

ambidex
13 Aug 11,, 17:35
Whatever!
Indians are still having World cup win hangover:biggrin:

dave lukins
13 Aug 11,, 17:54
Whatever!

Some hangover to lose that badly :biggrin:

tankie
13 Aug 11,, 20:30
Whatever!

Awwwwwwwwwwww wheres knaur wen ya needs him :biggrin:

snapper
13 Aug 11,, 20:37
Whatever!

Have a drink on me!

tankie
13 Aug 11,, 20:56
Have a drink on me!

Ahhhhhhh c,mon , snapps , try some sarky juice or , up yours mush tea n tiffin :tankie:

snapper
13 Aug 11,, 22:00
Champers long saved ty!

ambidex
14 Aug 11,, 07:50
Have a drink on me!

oh thanks i will send you the bill :biggrin:.

I have many cunning excuses ;).

Actually hangover persisted even after 2nd test loss, since they were sitting ducks in their hotels, had nothing to do but sulking in more drinks.
I hope riots are now over and they can breath some fresh air for next matches.

Tronic
14 Aug 11,, 09:31
After 3 humiliating defeats in a row, there is no question of who can claim to be the best Test team in the world. Well played England! The top spot is well deserved for a team which made the pitch appear a batting pitch when batting and a bowling pitch when bowling. :biggrin:

I guess too much IPL is deteriorating the Indian test squad.

Deltacamelately
14 Aug 11,, 15:43
Congratulations England.
A thoroughly well deserved victory after pulverizing the Indian side for three consecutive tests.
What a shame...and some people talked of a total whitewash....

tankie
14 Aug 11,, 20:09
Look , I means , cor blimey guv , did yaz expect anything less pffffffffft from the 3 lions geeeeeeeerrrrrowl:biggrin:

i hate cricket , buttttttttt just this once :wors:

devgupt
14 Aug 11,, 20:51
Congrats to England- They way they have improved in the past two years is remarkabale. They deserve to be no1.

bolo121
14 Aug 11,, 21:08
Congratulations England, I expected them to win the series. but they have dealt India crushing blows three times in a row.
I dont think India ever looked as dangerous as this english team even at their height.
We have been shown to be flat pitch bullies yet again.

snapper
15 Aug 11,, 22:27
I greatly respect the congratulations from Indians here - the 'spirit of the game' is far more important than winners or losers and in terms of that India were supreme.

Double Edge
15 Aug 11,, 22:33
i hate cricket , buttttttttt just this once :wors:
Ahh goooood, he's a footie man....

I guess too much IPL is deteriorating the Indian test squad.
Then this excuse should sound mighty familiar in the football world :mad:

YellowFever
15 Aug 11,, 22:59
Gotta hand it to you Indians.

You guys are far more civilized than I ever could be.

My reponse to this woulda been something like:

You won because you cheated!
You guys won because we let you win and we're sick of parades honoring our sports heroes!
You guys won because we were in shock after seeing your women in shorts and their hairy legs!
You guys won because tankie's sister wears army boots!

Etc....

Double Edge
15 Aug 11,, 23:50
ANs you would still say this after your country won the world cup, thats a competition with 16 other nations and only a few months later got their asses handed to them ?

dave lukins
16 Aug 11,, 00:27
Congratulations England.
A thoroughly well deserved victory after pulverizing the Indian side for three consecutive tests.
What a shame...and some people talked of a total whitewash....

Modest in defeat. A Gentleman as always Major :)

Tronic
16 Aug 11,, 04:21
Ahh goooood, he's a footie man....

Then this excuse should sound mighty familiar in the football world :mad:

Football is not played across 3 different formats. ;) Going from a 10 minute batting run-fest to a format where you have to survive for hours if not days is quite a transition. Football world has nothing like it. :biggrin:

Double Edge
16 Aug 11,, 04:47
Well, its the same excuse given for England football teams lack of performance when it counts. oh it must be the premier leagues, they're not rested enough.

I really don't care.

They're pro's, they get paid like pro's and one expects them to deliver.

Deltacamelately
17 Aug 11,, 14:59
Modest in defeat. A Gentleman as always Major :)
Modesty as this comes, My Dear Dave, is to accept this side's maladroitness to play like international level players and to also look back, not many days back here in India, where God was put to shame.

Tarek Morgen
17 Aug 11,, 15:02
when I read the title I knew that this thread could not be about football.

Congratulations to both teams. Noit just for the outcome, but for understanding cricket in the first place.

Sharapthai
17 Aug 11,, 15:15
England played like champions. Kudos!

I in my entire life have never seen a team where all of the 11 players are in such awesome form. This England team have everything to be the #1 in ODIs and T20 as well.

Double Edge
17 Aug 11,, 21:01
when I read the title I knew that this thread could not be about football.
Hrm, maybe both the countries need to understand how your ppl do it.

That is to say, how to have domestic leagues and still prevail (more than we do) in international meets.

dave lukins
17 Aug 11,, 23:32
Modesty as this comes, My Dear Dave, is to accept this side's maladroitness to play like international level players and to also look back, not many days back here in India, where God was put to shame.

Don't be too harsh Delta'. Mark my words, they will come back with vengence the next time we meet. Never stroke a sleeping tiger. ;)

tankie
18 Aug 11,, 11:36
Never stroke a sleeping tiger. ;)

Better still ,,don't stand on its tail :biggrin:

Well done to the team :wors: (I don't like cricket a great deal ) much rather be :fish:

InExile
21 Aug 11,, 18:46
Haven't been following cricket much lately. Heard something about the Mumbai schoolboys eleven touring the MCC.....

India did the world cup right??;)