Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Northern Mexico state emerges

Local official seeks to split California - Yahoo! News

Given the percentages of hispanics, "South California" wouldn't last long.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

I don't know about that. I saw the proposed map and "South California" is made up of southeastern counties, the more "conservative" counties in California. North California would be made up of everything north of LA county on the coast line, the more "liberal" counties of California.

The liberal counties have a tendency to be more "multi-cultural" while the conservative counties are usually more American.

I have no problems with immigrants who are Americans first. I have a problem with Americans who think they are "global citizens" first. North California would be made up mostly of these people.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gunnut; 12 Jul 11,, 20:07.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      I don't know about that. I saw the proposed map and "South California" is made up of southeastern counties, the more "conservative" counties in California. North California would be made up of everything north of LA county on the coast line, the more "liberal" counties of California.

The liberal counties have a tendency to be more "multi-cultural" while the conservative counties are usually more American.

I have no problems with immigrants who are Americans first. I have a problem with Americans who think they are "global citizens" first. North California would be made up mostly of these people.
      Having lived in Northern California, I can tell you that it's pretty well split. In fact, I would say that given their congressional reps, the conservatives actually have more power.
      "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Dv2 View Post
        Having lived in Northern California, I can tell you that it's pretty well split. In fact, I would say that given their congressional reps, the conservatives actually have more power.
        That depends on where in the north? Along the coast line between LA and SF? Or in the interior?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          That depends on where in the north? Along the coast line between LA and SF? Or in the interior?
          I come from where you would consider SF "halfway" in between, about 4 hours north of SF.

Comment

LA to SF is not "north" in my book. The east side of the Sierras and somewhere north of I-80 would be more feasible. The rest is pretty much a lost cause.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              LA to SF is not "north" in my book. The east side of the Sierras and somewhere north of I-80 would be more feasible. The rest is pretty much a lost cause.
              Do you imply that Northern California (north of the 80) would be better off without the massive chunk geographically below it?

Comment

Do you imply that Northern California (north of the 80) would be better off without the massive chunk geographically below it?
                LOL. Thats up to the people that live there to decide, but from the people I have talked to that do live in N California the overwhelming majority would say yes. Not much has changed since they wanted to become the state of Jefferson. As for me, I have been all over the state and if wild hoses ever drag me back it will only be to north of Sacramento or the Sierras and Eastward. I understand that millions love the west and south parts of the state. Thats fine they can keep it. I have been there and I want no part of it.

Comment

LOL. Thats up to the people that live there to decide, but from the people I have talked to that do live in N California the overwhelming majority would say yes. Not much has changed since they wanted to become the state of Jefferson. As for me, I have been all over the state and if wild hoses ever drag me back it will only be to north of Sacramento or the Sierras and Eastward. I understand that millions love the west and south parts of the state. Thats fine they can keep it. I have been there and I want no part of it.
                  Yeah, I understand that sentiment myself. I also understand how many of the ag-types up that way would probably be more than happy to let the south break free (then the north can charge for the water they have to send down south). If ever it did happen (which it wont, because it's pretty much a matter of national security given the amount of ag production in the entire central part of the state), it would be ugly.

Comment

Yeah, I understand that sentiment myself. I also understand how many of the ag-types up that way would probably be more than happy to let the south break free (then the north can charge for the water they have to send down south). If ever it did happen (which it wont, because it's pretty much a matter of national security given the amount of ag production in the entire central part of the state), it would be ugly.
                    That water is being diverted to feed the delta smelt right now anyways. Vast trackts of farm land is being wasted because of no water.

The section along the coastline between SF and LA should be its own state. The rest of the state is fairly reasonable. We aren't filled with hare-brained schemes like the high speed rail that would cost $60 billion minimum to build. Did you ever look at the voting result that approved the $10 billion bond to finance the rail? Only the section between SF and LA supported it. The rest of the state said no. Unfortunately that section has the population to override the rest of the state.

Comment

I read about high speed rail in Obama's budget. Is that what they want to do, A train from L.A. to S.F.?
                      Don't listen to me, I'm a wack job.

Comment

Originally posted by Laser View Post
                        I read about high speed rail in Obama's budget. Is that what they want to do, A train from L.A. to S.F.?
                        Obama wants that for the entire nation. Part of that money will come to California to help with our effort to build a high speed rail line from LA to SF. Some states have already turned down that money because they did the math and found out the rail will be a long term drain on the state budget.

Comment

With all the pressing issues heaped in front of your elected state officials, its a good thing they took the time for this.Calif. gov signs landmark law to teach gay history - Yahoo! News Is it any wonder the East and the North sections of the state want out.

Comment

With all the pressing issues heaped in front of your elected state officials, its a good thing they took the time for this.Calif. gov signs landmark law to teach gay history - Yahoo! News Is it any wonder the East and the North sections of the state want out.
                            We should call this policy, "ask and tell."

"Hey, so-and-so invented this doodad."

"Was he a homosexual? Because that's really important for us to know."

I think every single government form from patent filing to driver's license should feature an entry indicating whether this person is a homosexual. I mean just in case if this person did something important, we would like to properly point out to the world that a homosexual made this contribution possible.

Comment

I wonder if anyone bothered to ask the TSA how much it would cost to secure thousands of miles of open rail line. Amazing.
                              Don't listen to me, I'm a wack job.

Comment

Working...
                              X