Charles de Gaulle (R91) and F-18E/F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles de Gaulle (R91) and F-18E/F

can the F-18E/F super hornet operate of the French carrier Charles de Gaulle (R91).
    if yes can it operate at it Max takeoff and landing weights.
    regardes,
    nick

Originally posted by ncc View Post
    can the F-18E/F super hornet operate of the French carrier Charles de Gaulle (R91).
    regardes,
    nick
    I actually read an article last night where French Rafales deployed onto the USS Truman and F/A-18's (they did not specify the what model or squadron) and E-2C's deployed onboard the Charles de Gaulle. So yes, they can. I have no clue what weights they were operating at however.

Comment

Originally posted by ncc View Post
      regardes,
      nick
      The US-provided C13 steam catapults on the de Gaulle are supposedly rated for 22 tons with zero wind over the deck. That's a F/A-18E with full internal fuel tanks and two tons of payload, or a Rafale with full internal tanks and seven tons payload.

Therefore, yes it can and no not at MTOW.

Originally posted by JA Boomer View Post
      F/A-18's (they did not specify the what model or squadron) and E-2C's deployed onboard the Charles de Gaulle.
      F/A-18C from VFA-131 in 2005 (pic), some other unit again in 2006. E-2C aren't a problem - the de Gaulle has three E-2C itself.
      Last edited by kato; 27 May 11,, 17:37.

Comment

yes... when I was in the Persian Gulf a few months ago, my battle group had F-18's flying off the De Gaulle and we had Rafales flying off the Abraham Lincoln.. (also the French have their own E-2C's as part of their air wing)

Comment

Working...
        X