PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Thrones: HBO series

Wayfarer
05 May 11,, 13:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfAE3hIaPm4&NR=1

Has anyone read the series itself? A song of fire and ice? Excellent medieval fantasy fiction from George R.R Martin, a bloody brilliant sci-fi/fantasy author. The fiction has political depth as well as acting as a great alternate history of sorts, the best summation I can find of it is that it is like the intricacies of the War of the Roses or Rome during the last days of the Empire.

In any case, this looks like an excellent series, HBO is very professional with what they do.

Chogy
05 May 11,, 14:35
I've read the series... some of the best fantasy ever written, incredible depth. I wonder if the HBO series can do it justice?

Martin needs to get off his rear and finish it!

bolo121
06 May 11,, 11:23
I read the first book and it was brilliant. But pretty much the only character i liked was Eddard Stark who was bumped off very early.
Never really bothered to read the others.

Wayfarer
06 May 11,, 11:32
Ah, there are much better Characters in the others.

Also, Bolo, could you add spoiler tags to the incident you mentioned. Just in case people want to read it imo.

Tarek Morgen
06 May 11,, 11:51
Ah, there are much better Characters in the others.

Also, Bolo, could you add spoiler tags to the incident you mentioned. Just in case people want to read it imo.

I've done it for him. No Everyone has read the books (though they should imho).

I am a bit surprised on how much nudity and sex they kept in the show. Seems rather unusual for American Television.

bolo121
06 May 11,, 14:08

I am a bit surprised on how much nudity and sex they kept in the show. Seems rather unusual for American Television.

Thanks Tarek. I didnt bother adding Spoiler tags because it was one of the opening moves in the book and these fantasy epics have so many plots and subplots that it shouldn't really dent the reading experience.

notorious_eagle
06 May 11,, 15:15
I've read the series... some of the best fantasy ever written, incredible depth. I wonder if the HBO series can do it justice?

Martin needs to get off his rear and finish it!

Sir HBO definitely does justice to this novel, beautifully directed and i bow down to the actors for doing a wonderful job. I have read the novel too and the series is very much based on the novel, the only discrepancy i noticed was that Eddard is presented as a great warrior while in the novel he was noted as a Great Commander but an average swords men. I am yet to see an HBO series that i can discard off, they are very good at what they do.

notorious_eagle
06 May 11,, 15:16

Not unusual for a HBO series

MIKEMUN
17 May 11,, 04:17
Does everybody of note die in the series too?

BoxingManiac
17 May 11,, 23:13
Never read the books. Wished i never clicked on the spoiler:(

Tarek Morgen
17 May 11,, 23:28
Sorry, but i can only say to both things...your own fault.

Kansas Bear
18 Jun 11,, 01:33
Don't worry there will be more twists in Season 2!

Chogy
19 Jun 11,, 13:37
Absolutely... the story line twists like a snake.

notorious_eagle
19 Jun 11,, 16:54
God this show is soo addictive, its a torture to wait till tomorrow for the Season Finale. Without a doubt of the best shows HBO has produced

tankie
19 Jun 11,, 18:30
Good to see Mjr Sharpe has moved on from Napolionic wars ;)

Mihais
19 Jun 11,, 20:53
Lt.Col Sharpe.Now hit the deck and give 50 for demoting the man:biggrin:

tankie
20 Jun 11,, 09:19
oooooooopssssss

AX1377
21 Jun 11,, 20:03
Really is a fantastic show.

Best tele i've seen for a while.