War Games Threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Games Threads?

Is there any interest in a war games type threads where a scenario is established and posters discuss how they would deploy and carry out the mission? I've seen it done on a sci-fi board and it was pretty fun.

They are a lot of fun. I've played them in forums before. I even have one of my own that I've been working on.

Set in a fictional world, with roughly 1930's level technology, you run your country's military & economy.

I just need a world map.
    SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

We do a lot of that here in the historical forums.

Comment

what he's talking about is more of a game than that. Kinda like a boardgame, but tweaked for forums.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Not really. More like you're given an enemy, an objective and a list of forces and you plan your action accordingly.

Comment

Ah, ok. Kinda new to me. I'll be learning all that gear at Duntroon soon enough, I hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

I did kinda do that in the 'could germany have won WWII thread.

I posted serveral hypothetical courses the war could have taken had the UK been knocked out, or the russians, or both.

Very detailed discussion...check it out. ;)

Comment

We did one where the Manhatten Project failed and the US was forced to invade. A lack of anyone who really knew much about the military, particularly of that period, made it a rather poor dicussion.

Comment

I've started a fun little thread based on this one, so everybody drop by and give it a try.

Comment

The best forum-based war-game you can get is NationStates. YOu build you own country, buy weapons, etc. Very fun indeed.
                    www.nationstates.net

Comment

Working...
                    X