Review: Sucker Punch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Sucker Punch

I watched this movie on IMAX, the largest screen on the west coast, if not the world. The movie was visually stunning. The chicks held their guns correctly, as opposed to the usual Hollywood style of muzzle up.

The plot was rather simplistic. The girl created alternate realities to escape the tough environment of the insane asylum. She created fantasy worlds within her fantasy world. Maybe she was crazy afterall.

I don't want to give away too much here just in case if some of you want to actually watch this movie. The effects were amazing, especially if you are a fan of anime style martial arts and gun play action. The movie was visually stunning. I know I said this already, but it was visually stunning.

Was it worth the $18.50 I paid? Probably not. That's an entire box of 45 ACP rounds. Then again 50 rounds of 45 ACP might last me 20 minutes instead of 2 hours.

Make this a rental. Make sure you have Bluray. Make sure you have a big screen and nice sound system to fully enjoy this movie without paying too much.

It's a 6 out of 10.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Watched it last weekend on Blu-ray, with an awesome sound system, just as you recommended.

My take.

You were absolutely correct. I liked Scott Glenns' role, I thought it made some critical points of the movie. Otherwise, I hated the ending, I was however entertained enoug to watch the whole damn painful thing. I hate it when the hero loses so much and the primaryl antagonist doesn't get his come-uppins.

Comment

I may have to revise my review a bit.

I have friends who have watched this movie at least 6 times just to figure out what the hell was going on.

Their view: This entire movie was the instant Babydoll had her labotomy. She created the 5 girls (personalities) in her imagination to cope with the stress. Sweet Pea, who go away on the buss driven by the Old Wise Man, was part of her personality. She wanted that one to get away and live a normal life. Her main personality (herself) did not get away in her imagination because she still felt guilty about killing her younger sister.

Comment

Is it easy for you to transition from Siskel and Ebert to Freud?

I think the character that she helps escape is real, because, IIRC, the Female Doctor that cracks the case mentions that another inmate had escaped. Of course then, why was Glenn the bus driver? Dammit, now I'm confused.:confu:

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
          Is it easy for you to transition from Siskel and Ebert to Freud?

I think the character that she helps escape is real, because, IIRC, the Female Doctor that cracks the case mentions that another inmate had escaped. Of course then, why was Glenn the bus driver? Dammit, now I'm confused.:confu:
          That's the whole point...

Comment

Working...
          X