A request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A request

Can moderators do more to stop people being wrongfully accused of something they are not, just to avoid the points they are talking about?

This forum is full of Indians, some are decent, but a lot of them seem intent on calling anyone who disagrees even slightly with India "a Pakistani", regardless of their background. Good examples are GreaterKashmir, and quite a few Sikh fellas. It drowns their point of view, either causing them to get defensive about their background, or just hounds them out of the forum altogether.

On a similar matter, some members of the same group above are accusing people of being clones, or having multiple identities. I'm aware creating multiple identities on this forum is forbidden, so if the accusation is made, could you please investigate it? Some people are also using this strategy to hound people out of the forum, or to disregard their point of view, which is wrong.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Aryan
    Can moderators do more to stop people being wrongfully accused of something they are not, just to avoid the points they are talking about?
    Best thing to do is ignore the accuser, or to direct him back to the point. If they aren't breaking any major rules there's not much else to be done. It's kinda like how liberal and conservative are thrown about in the US politics section.
    I'm aware creating multiple identities on this forum is forbidden, so if the accusation is made, could you please investigate it?
    We do periodic checks. If you see two that are very similar in style, feel free to PM me their screen names.
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I'm talking more about people wrongfully accusing people of using multiple IDs.

Take a look at this thread for examples of both:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...?t=5718&page=1

LNYD stated his views, which were his own, and weren't exactly wrong or offensive.

But Srirangan responded with this accusation:

"You are a new account for Aryan anyway."

On what basis did he make that allegation? Because he sincerely believed I was using a second account, or rather he just wanted to avoid taking LNYD, or just piss him off.

Next we have SamudraGupta, makes a similar accusation, albeit implicitly.

"You can find it when you cut open a certain stupids skull who used to enjoy the privilage of posting in WAB."

Hammer, yet another Indian member join in with the bashing:

"and another Troll (LNYD) trying to act smart. "

Now I don't know LNYD, but having read his posts, he doesn't fit my definition of being a troll. Aside from being grammatically challenged, he was certainly polite, and made clear he was here to learn. I can understand if Indians don't agree with his point of view, but to hound him and accuse him of being something he's not, well I'm not suprised he lashed out.

Its not the first time this has happened, its happened to other new members as well.

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Now I don't know LNYD, but having read his posts, he doesn't fit my definition of being a troll. Aside from being grammatically challenged, he was certainly polite, and made clear he was here to learn.
        hey Jay.. tell me where you're from.. I'll come talk to you in person... You like to talk all big and strong behind your crappy computer? You're the one with the no brain... That pic you showed me clearly PROVES you are nothing but a racist BAST***.... Where did you come up iwth that pic? from the HIndu Government's Propaganda? You are quite a piece of work... You talk a lot of trash.. Its not even funny.. Tell me in a private msg exactly where you "hang out" (probably your room, because you have no friends) and you're area.. I will be there, and if you have more balls, give me your house address.... We will talk in person...
        But knowning you, you "LIEING BAST****", you will not give that up.. Because you're a COWARD>.. you will talk this and that, but when it is time, you will run with your tail behind your legs... Yet, you have the courage to call Bhindranwale a coward? that guy is 100 timez something you'll nEVER BE.. NOt even close.. He wasn't even afraid of death, here you are afraid of a confrontation.. learn the differences my little child.. go to sleep drink your mom's milk.. don't come on these political sites with your ******** trying to get people to beleive in your ****.. Because no one does...
        LNYD's Post

LNYD was rude, threatened Jay, insulted him, made personal remarks against him, called him names etc etc. and got banned ! He certainly didnt get banned for being polite .But I do understand why you want to support him and try to gain sympathy. Afterall you are a Pakistani and anything or anyone against India is your dear friend . You express your views, and so will we. If you cant take it, then its your problem. Nobody's is breaking rules here.
        Last edited by hammer; 23 May 05,, 09:12.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

If only people can leave their egos' behind they won't end up getting bruised as much.

LNYD is banned? Man-down... man-down. You guys baited the newbie into saying that, probably, and the idiot took the bait I guess. Your interaction with him wasn't so great either.

and anything or anyone against India is your dear friend
          not really. Not for me at least. I've never found the Khalistan demand of the sikhs' agreeable, but I will speak up for their right to say what they have to say and the alleged massacres they often talk about.

You express your views, and so will we.
          Your views are: "You Jihadi", "You troll". This is a response that I can get to any sentence. From a HR abuse in Kashmir to how a comment by Beyonce.

Comment

When one says he delibrately 'upped the ante' , and then in future would enter Kashmir illegally , akin to a Jihadi , then surely , he shall recieve undesirable replies.This is not a place to prove your point, not for me.

You want to do things Jihadi style , you state it explicitly , and then dont want to be called Jihadi ?

Comment

LNYD was not permanently banned. I gave a 3 day ban since he is new, and he apologized for the posts that got him banned.

Comment

This is not a place to prove your point, not for me.
                This is not a place to carry out, insane agendas either.

and then in future would enter Kashmir illegally
                oh so THATS why I'm called a Jihadi? Dude how stupid is that? All Jihadis love crossing the LoC right, right, thats what makes them a Jihadi. Its the sacred Jihadi pilgrimage. Stupid, just stupid.

Comment

Announce your love for Taliban too , i forgot.
                  Call those who kill civilians by another name.
                  Dont see a terrorist in a terrorist ? Then ,surely , you are one.

What agenda ? Show me.

Comment

I had this whole big response, wiped it off, this thread is not about me.

I will speak up against the Indian Army killing civillians in Kashmir. Its well within my rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                      I will speak up against the Indian Army killing civillians in Kashmir. Its well within my rights.
                      Fine with me. But dont expect us to lie down and take it. we will counter your views with our own. You will get a taste of your own medicine.
                      We didnt start this thread but your compatriot who wanted show some of his propaganda skills.

Your views are: "You Jihadi", "You troll". This is a response that I can get to any sentence. From a HR abuse in Kashmir to how a comment by Beyonce.
                      That is what everyone will call you if you rejoice the news of a Kashmiri Police officer getting his throat slit by the terrorists. Still I never called you a Jihadi or a troll.

Comment

No you're not supposed to comment on me, ever. If you have what it takes, talk about the topic for a change.

Comment

No you're not supposed to comment on me, ever. If you have what it takes, talk about the topic for a change.
                          When did I ever comment on you ? Go through all my posts. I 've always attacked your ideas about Kashmir and the jihadis crossing the border. Never have i rejoiced over the death of any Pak soldier.

Comment

yeah, you're the lesser of the umm several evils. hehehe, I meant that whole bunch.

I just responded with the woot in protest to 2 occurrences of demeaning the Kashmiris and the PAF (which is still going on).

Comment

yeah, you're the lesser of the umm several evils. hehehe, I meant that whole bunch.
                              Funny , I think the same about you. ;)

I just responded with the woot in protest to 2 occurrences of demeaning the Kashmiris and the PAF (which is still going on).
                              We consider Kashmiris as our own, so you will never catch us demeaning the Kashmiris. Now about PAF, its a different story. that particular article was written by a PAF officer. So dont blame us.

Comment

Working...
                              X