X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSN-75 Texas

[IMG][/IMG]
    Virginia-class attack submarine

The floating dry dock at Northrop Grumman Corporation in Newport News, Va., slowly fills up with water in order to launch the Virginia-class attack submarine Texas (SSN 775) on April 9, 2005. Tugboats will later move the submarine to the shipyard's submarine pier for fitting out. Texas will have improved stealth capabilities, sophisticated surveillance capabilities, and Special Warfare enhancements that will enable it to meet the Navy's multi-mission requirements. DoD photo by Chris Oxley, U.S. Navy. (Released)

I don't see any anechoic tiles.

Also, how many countermeasures and how fast can Los Angeles, Ohio, and Virginia, and Sea wolf class submarines release? How effective are they?

Comment

I would imagine that something like anechoics are placed on towards the end of contruction, at least after all of the superstructure welding is over.

Having said that, external markings appears to be in place. Hmm.

The floating dry dock at Northrop Grumman Corporation in Newport News, Va., slowly fills up with water in order to launch the Virginia-class attack submarine Texas (SSN 775) on April 9, 2005. Tugboats will later move the submarine to the shipyard's submarine pier for fitting out. Texas will have improved stealth capabilities, sophisticated surveillance capabilities, and Special Warfare enhancements that will enable it to meet the Navy's multi-mission requirements. DoD photo by Chris Oxley, U.S. Navy. (Released)

I don't see any anechoic tiles.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I don't recall where I read it, but IIRC they have a new way of applying the anechoics on the Virginia class boats. I think it's Goodyear (?), anyway, they apply the material to large areas at a time, so it's not like the old way of tiling the hull. It's more of a continuous process of application that's done by a machine instead of gluing them on one at a time by hand. I will see if I can find the article.

It sure is a pretty boat. :)
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Working...
        X